PDA

View Full Version : 2 In 5 minutes

catwelder
08-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Now that i finally figured out how to post pics i can show you guys the bulls we killed last year (i didnt want to tease anyone). Our season started with the agreement that between 4 of us we would try kill 2 elk right away for meat and then focus on Bighorns. We split into 2 groups on opening day and with the heat things were starting off pretty slow. On sept 14 myself and my partner Jeremy hiked into a small opening where he had spotted the elk earlier that week. As we were hiking up i bugled and located a bull above the opening. Once we got up there we decieded to set up my montana decoy and do some calling. Before long we had cows rolling in and shortly after bull #1 walked into the trap. I was set up on him and just waiting for jer to shoot but he couldnt see from where he was. He wasnt really what i usually look for but we had agreed to take the first 2 legal bulls this year so when i knew jer had no shot i squeezed one off. My 300 win mag Tikka T3 with 168 TSXs dropped him in his tracks at 140 yds, he literally never took another step. We stood up, did the high fives and everything and then heard bull #2 bugle above us. I couldnt believe that after my shot another bull was still there and still horny. Jer motioned for me to start calling again so we both sat down in the exact places where we had before and i started cow calling. Within five minutes that bull came down the same trail as the one i had shot and stood broadside for us. I counted 6 quick and gave Jer the nod, within a second that bull hit the ground. We couldnt believe it, 2 bulls 5 minutes apart. Once we realized what we had just done we started calling guys for help and got lucky cause we ended up with about 6-7 guys to help us pack them out. My head hit the pillow around 5am but it was well worth it. Im pretty sure that wont happen ever again. Both were respectable 6x6 bulls.

Chad
http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/yy218/catwelder/elk200810.jpg?t=1251301236
see pics below that ktown posted for me cause i just cant!

lilhoss
08-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Good story,..but I don't think you figured out the pics,unless it was in a blinding snowstorm.:mrgreen:

catwelder
08-10-2009, 04:27 PM
nope, your right i shouldnt own a computer. Ill try figure this out

Gilmore
08-10-2009, 04:58 PM
nope, your right i shouldnt own a computer. Ill try figure this out

You and me both!!!

catwelder
08-10-2009, 05:09 PM
For Sale- Dell computer!!!!!!!

HELP

ktown
08-10-2009, 05:47 PM
http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww307/ktown/elk.jpg?t=1249951308

catwelder
08-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Thanks Kurt

moosehunter21
08-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Nice bulls. Cool story.

bigben
08-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Hey that sure is a nice gun your shooting I wonder where you got it lol...nice elk though and good story .......now for the sheep how did you make out on them .......take care and good luck this year

d6dan
08-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Good story and 2 very respectable bulls.

GrizGuy92
08-10-2009, 06:42 PM
very nice bulls!

kennyj
08-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Nice bulls and great story.Did you go on to hunt bighorns?
kenny

BlacktailStalker
08-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Thats crazy! Nicely done, nice bulls.
Any field pics ?

catwelder
08-10-2009, 07:16 PM
Kennyj-hunted hard for bighorns after that but just never connected. Hope this is my year.

BTS-Ill post some field pics soon. I just opened a photobucket account so hopefully ill figure it out

Chad

bozzdrywall
08-10-2009, 07:20 PM
nice bulls. and two in five min. thats got to be a record or something

jml11
08-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Awesome...a buddy and me shot two 6 points in 5 minutes as well a few years back...it was quite the adventure and we were lucky to have 7 guys back at camp to come help too!

hunter1947
08-11-2009, 05:51 AM
Now that i finally figured out how to post pics i can show you guys the bulls we killed last year (i didnt want to tease anyone). Our season started with the agreement that between 4 of us we would try kill 2 elk right away for meat and then focus on Bighorns. We split into 2 groups on opening day and with the heat things were starting off pretty slow. On sept 14 myself and my partner Jeremy hiked into a small opening where he had spotted the elk earlier that week. As we were hiking up i bugled and located a bull above the opening. Once we got up there we decieded to set up my montana decoy and do some calling. Before long we had cows rolling in and shortly after bull #1 walked into the trap. I was set up on him and just waiting for jer to shoot but he couldnt see from where he was. He wasnt really what i usually look for but we had agreed to take the first 2 legal bulls this year so when i knew jer had no shot i squeezed one off. My 300 win mag Tikka T3 with 168 TSXs dropped him in his tracks at 140 yds, he literally never took another step. We stood up, did the high fives and everything and then heard bull #2 bugle above us. I couldnt believe that after my shot another bull was still there and still horny. Jer motioned for me to start calling again so we both sat down in the exact places where we had before and i started cow calling. Within five minutes that bull came down the same trail as the one i had shot and stood broadside for us. I counted 6 quick and gave Jer the nod, within a second that bull hit the ground. We couldnt believe it, 2 bulls 5 minutes apart. Once we realized what we had just done we started calling guys for help and got lucky cause we ended up with about 6-7 guys to help us pack them out. My head hit the pillow around 5am but it was well worth it. Im pretty sure that wont happen ever again. Both were respectable 6x6 bulls.

Chad

see pics below that ktown posted for me cause i just cant!

Catwelder nice bulls the two of you got there as for your wright up ,good luck this year for elk ,hope you get another two http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.

bowhunterbruce
08-11-2009, 06:02 AM
very well done cat.right place at the right time and a couple nice bulls, a buddy and i got 2 spike fork moose once at the same time and it was a ton of work,thank god for quads though
bruce

08-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Congratulations!! Nice bulls!

About 8 years ago my partner and I shot 2 bull moose within about 5 minutes in northern Alberta. We didn't get to bed until well after midnight. I swore never again!....but who am I kidding...I'd gladly do it all over again.

leadpillproductions
08-11-2009, 03:54 PM
nice looking bulls

Crimson Viking
08-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Daaaaaaaammmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEAUTIES!! Odd though usuall the 6x5 the 6 points are on the other side. I'd have to clean my shorts if i was able to take an elk like those. Good Job

catwelder
08-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Their actually both 6x6s

buckguy
08-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Good story, nice looking bulls. How's that for friggin' luck...lol...See never quit, and you would be suprised on what might happen.