PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Partner Needed

bozzdrywall
08-10-2009, 08:51 AM
This is an invite to anyone on hbc. I am looking for a hunting partner for the upcomming year. Or at least someone to go out on the first trip of the year with all my other friends will most likley bail on me at the last min. like every year. I have had a trip planned for the past 4 years now and have never had someone to go with. All my friends say thay will go but at the last min something comes up. This is a camp hunt i have a tent trailer witch will sleep 3 or 4 set up in a spot with lots of big game to be had. This is a hard core elk hunt. From sept. 8 or 9 till sept 15 or 16 depends on the weather. lots of spotting lots of hiking good fishing all around beautiful country. anyone that is interested PM me for more details i will not tell you the spot till the last couple of days befor the hunt. This is my Hot spot so i would like to keep it as quiet as possable. So hush hush. The person that would get along good with me is some one who loves to hunt elk hard all day long does not mind spending hours and hours glassing the ridge tops and vally bottems. And at the end of the day having a cold beer and shooting the shit about nothing but hunting.

Brambles
08-10-2009, 08:56 AM
Sounds like a hell of an invite, hope you find a good partner who respects "Special Spot" secrecy. Always a big gamble bringing new hunting partners into ones favorite spots, sometimes I have trouble bringing in old hunting partners.:lol:

Good luck and good hunting

bozzdrywall
08-10-2009, 08:57 AM
I should also tell you this hunt will take place in the East Kootneys. I cant guarantee you an elk but so far this year i have seen 6 legal bulls and a bunch of smaller ones

bowhunterbruce
08-10-2009, 09:02 AM
buddy ,if my season wasnt pretty much already accounted for i'd be in there like a dirty shirt,i do however wish you a ton of luck and if you dont conect with a new partner,go getem yourself and be sure ya rub it in your other buddies face's,oh ya and be sure ya tell them ya got your critters at secret lake.
bruce

mark
08-10-2009, 09:03 AM
Thats a pretty sweet offer!
Hard to believe you dont know someone who would show up for a hunt in such a sweet spot.
Like brambles said, be careful who you show the honey hole to, you might regret it!

bozzdrywall
08-10-2009, 09:05 AM
The area iam hunting is full of G bears so a alone hunt for me is out of the question and i would most likely have to cut and pack the animal out by myself. and with all the bears in the area its a little scary

Brambles
08-10-2009, 09:07 AM
Since your in the generous mood, do you want to drywall the 13' ceilings in my garage for me:biggrin:

bozzdrywall
08-10-2009, 12:08 PM
So far thanks for the replys but no takers yet i will post in this thread often to keep it on the new post page of this site.

bozzdrywall
08-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Ok have had a couple of people interested so this is the way the way the hunt will go down
Sept 8 or 9 meet in a spot we can agree on. eather we take both trucks in or my beast of a hunting truck eather or. try to meet at around noon or earlyer if posable. be in camp set up and ready to go spotting for the night or the couple of days prior to opening day of rifle.
Sept. 10 Get up, eat, get out to the ridge where the elk were last spotted. This hunt will consist of lots of glassing calling looking and a lot of praying for the big boy to show himself. chances are good hopes are high should be a good 5 day hunt. I have video footage of 2 big bulls that were only 5x5s that was taken last year one had a little sixth point but not big enough for me so i would like to talk to who ever prior to the hunt maby get together for a beer just to see if we will get along for a 5 day event. Iam Still just a young buck iam 29 at the end of aug so some people just dont mesh with young guys but iam very wise for my age and respectful. thanks The bozz

Evolution
08-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Im planning on heading to the EK on August 31 for opening of Archery, but Id much prefer hunting that area with some one who has local knowledge. I will be hunting alone as well, since my partner has already told me he cant get off work for 2 weeks. Im scheduled to start my next contract on or about the 15th. I wouldnt be able to meet you prior to coming up there as I live on the island. Maybe a phone conversation would be appropriate.

rocksteady
08-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Call Bozz...Make it happen....

Stock up on Red Bull drinks and 5 hour energy, he will run your ass off all over the mountains....BUT you will learn about elk and hopefully tag one...

Evolution
08-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Im an ex-heli-rigger, until you do that job for a few years you dont know what runnin your ass off is. Rocky Mountain Elk are a totally different game then our Rosie's and Id definately like to learn as it seems alot more likely to get a chance at a Rky Mtn than a Rosie draw.

bozzdrywall
08-10-2009, 06:46 PM
thanks rocksteady how about you want to go on a hunt? i will bring the red bull for ya lol.

rocksteady
08-10-2009, 07:11 PM
thanks rocksteady how about you want to go on a hunt? i will bring the red bull for ya lol.

I my just take you up on that.....Sounds like we both have the same passion for elk hunting.....HARD CORE !!!!

bozzdrywall
08-10-2009, 07:17 PM
Thats why i made the group on face book HARD CORE ELK HUNTING. You should get ahold of me be nice to go out with a local eaiser to plan a trip

rocksteady
08-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Thats why i made the group on face book HARD CORE ELK HUNTING. You should get ahold of me be nice to go out with a local eaiser to plan a trip

I joined that ggroup, but recently deactivated my facebook account, had a couple friends that were over the top on it and it was just becoming goofy.....

Maybe once I get back from Kelowna we can make it happen....I also know Sawmill is pretty passionate, plus he is from Kimberley.....Joe is an old fart though....Probably close to 47 !!!!

bozzdrywall
08-10-2009, 07:22 PM
i would rather not carry someone around in the bush your fighting fires right now? Be safe the season is just around the corner. To every one i just put up some pics in the gallery of the bulls iam seeing in my spot check it out and i will try to put them in here http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/thumbs/shannon_236.jpg

bozzdrywall
08-10-2009, 07:24 PM
this is the pic from the spothttp://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/wigwamandcalgary_010.jpg

bozzdrywall
08-10-2009, 07:25 PM
And his little friend these pics are from the end of june http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/wigwamandcalgary_015.jpg

rocksteady
08-10-2009, 08:19 PM
[quote=bozzdrywall;493979]i would rather not carry someone around in the bush your fighting fires right now? Be safe the season is just around the corner. quote]

Pack me around ???? Hasn't had to be done yet......I will be safe cause season is right around the corner......I am taking my reeds to practice with, so probably drive everyone in camp nuts with the cow chirps and bugles...:biggrin:

sawmill
08-11-2009, 05:01 AM
I joined that ggroup, but recently deactivated my facebook account, had a couple friends that were over the top on it and it was just becoming goofy.....

Maybe once I get back from Kelowna we can make it happen....I also know Sawmill is pretty passionate, plus he is from Kimberley.....Joe is an old fart though....Probably close to 47 !!!!
Just turning 50 in Sept.:shock: I would love to go but we are up to our asses in work,no extra days off for me.:sad:

rocksteady
08-11-2009, 05:06 AM
Better than being unemployed I guess...Pretty hard to pay the Hydro bill with an elk roast.....Specially if you mail it in...

The Hermit
08-11-2009, 05:58 AM
Hummmm... I am going to be in the area for the archery season but have high hopes of cutting my tag with a broadhead so couldn't commit but your hunt sounds great! what an offer! I am VERY surprised that you didn't get inundated with "take me" notes!!

Good luck.

trapperRick
08-11-2009, 10:22 AM
I have my hunts planned with buds in Alberta for this year but I am looking at hunting here in BC now that I live here but with no idea where to go, how the draws work etc...and you sound like the kind of hunter I like to hunt with maybe next year but send the invite out I little earlier. PS I have hunted all my life starting at 3 years of age with my dad and my small bow then at 7 year's of age got my first shotgun and been hunting ever since which wil now be 44 years

GoatGuy
08-11-2009, 10:28 AM
There's a few young guys around Kimberly that are pretty hard hunters - you probably know them, but I'd imagine they'll be chasing sheep on the 10th. They can step out pretty good.

bozzdrywall
08-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Well thanks for all the replys i going to narrow the pick down in the next couple of days I all ready have a guy mike going to come down and if rocksteady can get his poop in a group he will be the next choice. I never expected this kind of responce to a hunting partner. Just goes to show ya how good the people that hunt are. Generaly good people. I would love to take all of you on a hunt and do the meet and greet the picnic was a great idea wish we could get one together maby do a fund raiser for the site with calling compitions for elk and preditors maby a range compition best shoot archery you know some thing like that. Again keep posting people might back out

Geo.338
08-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Hey Bozz you should run this like the LEH .The hunter who gets it this year has his / her odds reduced for the following three years !:razz:

bozzdrywall
08-11-2009, 06:23 PM
if it was legal i would charge for this hunt but i cant Dam guiding laws.LOL Just want to meet some good people interested in the same things i am HARD CORE ELK HUNTING

steepNdeep
08-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Sounds like you were into elk last year in this post: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=26209

Is that teh kind of 'hard core' action to expect? 8)

steepNdeep
08-11-2009, 07:20 PM
'drywall - Sounds like you were into elk last year in this post: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=26209

Is that teh kind of 'hard core' action to expect? 8)

bozzdrywall
08-11-2009, 08:00 PM
ya i was a good year it did not work out in my favor but the amount of bulls in the area iam bound to get the big one soon......... KEEP IT HARD CORE

steepNdeep
08-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Will the lucky winner get to hunt in this HARD CORE spot and get into some HARD CORE action like this??? 8)

just arriving at the hunny hole we start to glass the slide. I jump out of the truck to get a better veiw, walk to the edge of the road look down and there is a cow staring at me 50yrds out. As i look around i see a BULL just behind her i race to the truck to get my gun and jack a shell in ......... KEEP IT HARD CORE

bozzdrywall
08-12-2009, 06:37 PM
The lucky hunters have been selected now all they have to do is show up. It was said to them this hunt is not a for sure kill but if you spot it you get first shot at it all parties have the same chance. i know the area really good so i will hopefuly get the first crack at a bull but never know. hope the people i have selected for this hunt are reliable. i would hate to be stood up by someone when there are a lot of good people that got passed on this hunt. any way will make a thread telling all of the adventure with pics. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE

Slee
08-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Gooe luck on your hunt! let us know how your new friends work out

RiverOtter
08-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Will the lucky winner get to hunt in this HARD CORE spot and get into some HARD CORE action like this??? 8)

just arriving at the hunny hole we start to glass the slide. I jump out of the truck to get a better veiw, walk to the edge of the road look down and there is a cow staring at me 50yrds out. As i look around i see a BULL just behind her i race to the truck to get my gun and jack a shell in ......... KEEP IT HARD CORE

Tough crowd...........:mrgreen:

bozzdrywall
08-12-2009, 07:36 PM
the people who know me know how much time and effort i put into getting my bull every year. it might not happen like i plan it to but the experiance is alway worth a memory.

FlyingHigh
08-12-2009, 07:37 PM
shit, if i wasn't going to be in school then, i would throw in my name for consideration. 20 years old, strong back, never hunted elk but addicted to the roasts. :D

sfire436
08-13-2009, 09:03 AM
I am sure you made the best choices for hunting partners!!!!!

Wolfman
08-13-2009, 11:45 AM
The area iam hunting is full of G bears so a alone hunt for me is out of the question and i would most likely have to cut and pack the animal out by myself. and with all the bears in the area its a little scary

Bozz, sounds like you need a guy just to pack the anti-bear artillery :sad:

Damn bears anyways, eh?

Wolfman

bozzdrywall
08-15-2009, 08:24 AM
Ya iam looking for a DEFENDER or something like it. not too worried with 3 guys all with mag. rifles but better safe than sorry and up a tree. I think the right choice was made now all we need is the elk to get moving and the weather to cool down.