PDA

View Full Version : A River Fishing Trip!???

hunterofthedeer
08-09-2009, 01:18 PM
My dad, brother and I left for the Skeena river on the 21st of July. We didnt know when we were coming back since my Dad isn't working until sometime in mid August. We left and stopped in Morricetown and watch one Native guy net a fish. After we left and got to Terrace it was about 10 PM we didn't have anywhere to stay so we drove until we found the Shames mountain road. We drove up that for 5 KMs and backed down beside a creek. The next morning we woke up and went to Northcoast Anglers to buy tags for salmon and classified waters. We also bought some spin-n-glos and two new salmon rods one for me and on for my brother. After we finished there we went to find a place to fish. We stopped and parked by Exchamsiks River boat launch. We fished there for a day. Camped there a night and the next morning. Some guy in a boat asked us where we were fishing and when we told him he said to get into his boat so we could go somewhere good. We got dropped off at some bar in the middle of the skeena river. We caught nothing in 8 hours of fishing, but the camp to the right where we were fishing caught five (one 50 pounder) and the camp to the left caught nine. After that day my dad just decided to go to Prince Rupert. That morning we drove to Prince Rupert checked around. We seen four deer downtown (all bucks) that was more animals we seen the whole drive from Prince George .We were trying to find a place to camp so we drove to Prudhomme Lake Provincial Campground and it was full But the lady who works there directed us to Taylor Lake a couple KMs up the road. It was pretty nice. For the next 3 or 4 days we drove back and fourth to Prince Rupert. We seen a bear one night at the campground then the next day it swam acroos the lake. One of the days In rupert we went on the docks and a charted guy gave us a bag of haibut. We ended up goig ocean fishing with him eventully. He was a awesome guy. He owns Salt Air Charters. He hunts and fishes all the time showed me a couple of nice bull moose pics. The oceand fishing was awesome we caught all our 4 salmo each and our one halibut each in eight hours. We spent one last night a That taylor lake.Then in the morning Dad says that we have never been to Kitimat so we went and checked it out. Spent the day in town and camped along the Kitimat river by methonx parking lot. We realized it wasnt the greatest place to camp so we went and found another place to camp on the river and we started to fish. In one hour the first night we caught 3 pinks. We waded out onto a bar and we turn around because we are hearing bushes moving and here comes a bear right on the river shore. Our 15 year old Chocolate Lab goes crazy he tries to swim arcross the river to get the bear but we stop him. The next day was some serious fishing. In the 8 hours we fished together we got 30-40 bites I limited out my brother limited out but my dad still had on fish to catch. So the next morning he dropped his line in for 2 minutes (no lie) said got one. It got away but in seconds later (no lie again) he said got one. He reeled in in and that was the end of our river fishing trip. Even know we were going just to Terrace to fish the Skeena:mrgreen: Picture are coming so I just have to load them on to photobucket i know i broke the rules

Ddog
08-09-2009, 01:50 PM
cant wait to see the pictures..

NaStY
08-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Sounds like an adventure for sure. Those memories will last a lifetime.

Cant wait to see the pics..:razz:

hunterofthedeer
08-10-2009, 12:45 AM
sorry about the pic but my computer crashed and i lost everything