PDA

View Full Version : Rage Broadheads

Gateholio
08-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Might have been posted here before, I dont' keep a close eye on this forum, but I stumbled cross this and these broadheads seem to really produce good blood trails!
:-P

http://www.ragebroadheads.com/uncensored/UncensoredFootage.aspx

Ddog
08-09-2009, 12:49 PM
wow...some severe damage thats for sure, but i wonder why they werent all pass through shots, i have taken lots of animals with my bows over the years and i bet 1 out of every 12-15 arent a pass through shot. It seemed that they had quite a few where the arrow stopped.

killman
08-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Doesn't seem to want to load. Damn computers.

todbartell
08-09-2009, 12:53 PM
deadly video!

Ddog
08-09-2009, 01:01 PM
i forgot to say that the Drury brothers are pretty lucky on the animals they get to hunt, they have some outstanding videos. One of the largest WT bucks ever shot on video are from them.

Gateholio
08-09-2009, 01:15 PM
I wondered abotu the lack of penetration myself. I'm not much of a bowhunter, so my knowledge of this stuff is limited, but maybe these broadheads act like a fast opening bullet?

Massive destruction but poor penetration on harder targets like bones?

Probably a good thing for light skinned game, less so with heavy game?

Ddog
08-09-2009, 01:54 PM
i dont know if that has me convinced to trade in my spitfire or scorpion XP's. i am going to have to wait and see what those do to larger game,, i do like the way they look though, and the entrance hole is pretty big, then again so is the hole from the XP's.

Bowzone_Mikey
08-09-2009, 03:06 PM
they are a good head for sure ..... not every head however will garantee a pass through ... being a mech head you want a littlle more KE and momentum behind it ... 40 foot pounds of KE is usually suffient for a good sharp fixed blade .... my rig pumps out a little over 70 footpounds of KE ... alot of peoples stuff gets less than that ... with the rage to going lighter and faster arrows ...there is a fine balance there .... 300 fps and 350 grain arrows is at the bottom end of the spectrum ... however 550 grain and 200 fps would hit harder and have a better chance of passthrough with a rear deploying head

The Hermit
08-09-2009, 05:25 PM
The Montec G5 produces exit wounds like the Rage entrance wounds... I like holes on both sides.

rocksteady
08-11-2009, 04:47 AM
I bought some of the Rage Broadheads last year, because if I remeber correctly, they are one of the few brands that make a BIG hole...

I like to use a 100 grain head with right around a 2" cutting diameter.....A lot of broadheads are close to an inch only...

Makes a very impressive blood trail when its a through and through.:shock::shock:

xtremearchery
08-17-2009, 11:48 AM
They work awesome! Found that out first hand last year on a wt. hole the size of of a baseball! forget the yellow brick road, it was RED!!!

blaker_99
08-17-2009, 12:51 PM
these heads are great. We have used both 2 blade and 3 blade configurations. they fly almost exactly like field points all the way out to 70+ yards. we have had a few problems with the 2 blade heads as they open very easily and we found that we were always checking to make sure the blades hadn't popped open while walking, hiking etc. The 3 blade heads are very devastating as well, they sure leave great entry and exit holes. we have had nearly all pass through shots on whitetails, mule deer, black bear and also elk. The really nice thing about the rage heads is that they are re-buildable, and fairly cheap to do so. When watching that rage video you have to consider what poundage those archers are shooting at, i know Mark shoots at fairly high poundages but you can really tell who isn't shooting cranked up or lighter bows.

Well that's my two bits, they are my families broadhead of choice!! ohhh.....they also leave MASSIVE blood trails to say the least!

mcrae
08-17-2009, 01:47 PM
So would a guy like me who shoots a 50# compound be best to stay away from this type of broadhead? I was giving them a look and was kinda wondering if all those impressive holes are being delivered with high poundage bows?

Bigbear
08-17-2009, 03:30 PM
With a Lighter Poundage Bow , I would Lean More to a Fixed Blade Cut to the tip. This way U will get the most Out of your K.E. that your set up will Produce

J_T
08-17-2009, 04:09 PM
So would a guy like me who shoots a 50# compound be best to stay away from this type of broadhead? I was giving them a look and was kinda wondering if all those impressive holes are being delivered with high poundage bows?
This topic has been explored quite a bit over the last couple of years. There are a couple of suggestions and observations. The heads work well out of a bow of at least 60 lbs. Also a retractable head may tend to "skip" upon opening when it is shot at an increasing angle at the target. Broadside shot is fine.

mcrae
08-17-2009, 04:19 PM
I will stick to my Magnus Stinger Buzzcuts.:biggrin::biggrin: Those Rage broadheads do make some nice holes though...

Elkhound
08-17-2009, 04:50 PM
I posted these about 2 years back looking for some feedback from the HBC archers but no one had any experience with them.....they looked impressive. So I ordered some. I have not taken any game with them yet and I am hoping to take an elk this year with them. I did take them bear hunting 2 years ago andthe only thing I dont like about them is that you have to keep a good eye on them as when they are in a quiver.....the foam tends to bump them open a little. The american archery forums say all good things. Especially the huge blood trail.