PDA

View Full Version : 5-13b help

salmonslayer
08-09-2009, 11:46 AM
hi was wondering if anyone has hunted this area. i am from northern vancouver island and have a shared hunt up there october 1st to 15th. my partner was smashed up in a falling accident and just had his hip rebuilt. we will be doing alot of road hunting and was wondering if anyone had some good tips.

Ken the Kanuck
08-09-2009, 01:14 PM
I hunted up that way a couple of years ago, a place called Swede Creek if I remember correctly. I had a bull draw and was in a couple of weeks before your hunt which was a bad thing as we only saw 1 cow. The willows were well browsed for many years so it was obvious that the moose had been in there, but later we suspected. It is beautiful country and we saw a lot of big black bears and a grizzly. You can hear the wolves at night. We got enough grouse for the campfire and saw a few deer but nothing great.

If I can dig up some more info I'll post it for you.

KTK

ratherbefishin
08-09-2009, 02:34 PM
I had a bull draw for the early season[big mistake] we saw a few cows but no bulls.Stayed at Fishpot lake-great place,shot lots of grouse and had a nice vacation-just no bulls.If I put in again,I would try for the October draw.Most of the people road hunt there anyway

Moosehunter64
08-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Hmmm Well I have the same draw as you but I have hunted this area for years.I won`t give you my spot but lets just say that any side road between Quesnel and Nasko along the Blackwater road is a good bet. Once you find moose just stay in that area and you will get one.As a previous poster said there is a lot of road hunting in this area and in the last 5 years they have logged a lot because of the pine beetle.Usually lots of grouse and deer are a bit spotty but again once you find them you will see lots. Good Luck and maybe see you up there.

308Lover
08-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Doesn't this post sound a lot like mine?