PDA

View Full Version : Cowichan Bay on the Island

trapperdan2061
08-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Is anyone catching in the bay, I am thinking about going and trying from shore.

Thanks

kyleklassen
08-07-2009, 09:31 PM
catching what??

kyleklassen
08-07-2009, 09:56 PM
you can catch a few things you weren't counting on from the bar.

Tikka270wsm
08-08-2009, 07:41 AM
Once September roles around keep an eye on Cherry Point beach. Before the Coho start roaming the river mouth waiting for rain they are schooled up around the beach. Guy's get'em on flies or spoons. The regs are always changing in this area though so you might want to phone DFO to find out any changes. August first is the closure for Cowichan Bay and Samsum Narrows for the last couple years but they do open Cherry Point for an allotted time frame.

kyleklassen
08-08-2009, 08:37 AM
those humpys they let go, is that this year there supposed to be back?

Dayto
08-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Ya the pinks will be moving in real soon , there is gonna be Buoys (sp) out in the bay to show where you can fish (Due to Cow Bay,Samsun,MillBay being all closed to fin fish) , so any time now .. And ya Cherry point is ur best bet , throw some Crokadile spoons, small buzz bombs , big blue fox's and you will have a good time. I live in Shawny and Have been checking once a week to see if they have moved in yet.

ratherbefishin
08-11-2009, 01:53 PM
so-have I got this right-you can cast from the shore at Cherry point for pinks?
can you give me directions to Cherry point from the highway?

mrpeeperz
08-25-2009, 10:04 PM
have they arrived yet? i am gonna take the boat out, get some crabs and troll for some pinks. any suggestions on gear and depth.. i am fairly new to the game

echo
08-26-2009, 10:36 AM
the pinks are back!!! have heard that some people are even catching them right from the boat ramp in Cowichan Bay!!!

mrpeeperz
08-28-2009, 09:04 PM
anyone catching them? i was out there today and didnt see much action going on. only one i saw landed.

but i did manage to pull 8 nice sized crabs

Tikka270wsm
09-02-2009, 07:01 AM
It's not worth the time. I've been to Hecate Park (Cow Bay boatlaunch) several times now and there are some fish. Guy's were doing well when the fish first started to show up but it's "slim pickens" now. Go to Campbell River for the pinks. I was there last weekend and it was awsome. Thousands of pinks with most of them being chrome. Bottom bounce small pink corkies or small pink spinning glows. Get there early!

Squamch
09-04-2009, 05:56 AM
couple of buddy's have been limiting out off sooke somewhere for the last 3 weeks straight now...