PDA

View Full Version : LEH Question

hunterofthedeer
08-07-2009, 12:53 PM
This being our first year putting in for Limited Entry we will have questions my dad brother and i put in for a shared late season cow hunt. My brother and i didnt win but my dad did. He got his paper from the MOE and it says he is authorized to shoot only one cow. But we put in for a shared hunt. Shouldnt we be able to hunt 2 moose since there are 3 of us

Jeffb
08-07-2009, 12:55 PM
. If your a Shared group of 3 or 4 should be authorized for 2 . Or if your a group of 2 your are allowed 1 between the 2

jml11
08-07-2009, 01:13 PM
You must have made a mistake when filling out the cards. Did you make sure to enter the serial numbers of the cards in the spaces provided at the bottom of each card? Did you mail all three cards together?

In a successful shared hunt all of you would have received the same authorization paper work in the mail (and all three would have shown up successful online). Did you get your paperwork? If so it will say that you were unsuccessful. Unfortunatley in this instance, only your dad is able to hunt the cow moose.

hunterofthedeer
08-07-2009, 01:15 PM
yea we mailed them together and i copied the right number down i made sure because it was the first time

Jeffb
08-07-2009, 01:17 PM
did you check online..What does it say there?

hunterofthedeer
08-07-2009, 01:21 PM
it says only my dad got it. I am abosolutly positive i did it right because i had a fried who has been doing it for yearswatching over.
Could it have been a screw up on the MOEs part?

Blainer
08-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Screw up somewhere!
If you did everything properly,you should have been able to harvest 2 moose between the 3 of you and you all would have received the same paperwork.

Blainer
08-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Nope. Group Hunts are what your thinking of. Read your Regs for LEH again it explains it there. If your a Shared group of 4 from what i understand you should be authorized for 2 . Or if your a group of 2 your are allowed 1 between the 2 Shared group of 3 or 4 are allowed to harvest 2 moose .

jml11
08-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Did you get your "unsuccessful" paper work?

Jeffb
08-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Shared group of 3 or 4 are allowed to harvest 2 moose .

is there an echo in here.hahaha

08-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Are we talking moose or another speices? Was there shared hunts available?

Blainer
08-07-2009, 01:45 PM
is there an echo in here.hahahare-read your original post as it is wrong.
You indicated that it takes 4 members in a shared hunt to receive 2 authorizations,when in fact the young fella is correct in that the 3 that applied should receive 2 authorizations.
no GROUP hunt for moose.

Jeffb
08-07-2009, 01:53 PM
re-read your original post as it is wrong.
You indicated that it takes 4 members in a shared hunt to receive 2 authorizations,when in fact the young fella is correct in that the 3 that applied should receive 2 authorizations.
no GROUP hunt for moose.

Holy crap i kinda feel silly. Ya i know theres no group hunt for moose , i read his post wrong i read it as he figured they should all get a draw....re-read it now..haha. And ya i meant to type 3-4 people ..posting error but of course theres always someone to catch it.

Fixed it for ya

Blainer
08-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Holy crap i kinda feel silly. Ya i know theres no group hunt for moose , i read his post wrong i read it as he figured they should all get a draw....re-read it now..haha. And ya i meant to type 3-4 people ..posting error but of course theres always someone to catch it.make many mistakes myself,as I type with one finger and cannot take my eyes from the keyboard.:sad:

Jeffb
08-07-2009, 02:02 PM
make many mistakes myself,as I type with one finger and cannot take my eyes from the keyboard.:sad:

haha ya i need to read things twice before posting..embarrasing giving out wrong info:-D

hunterofthedeer
08-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Did you get your "unsuccessful" paper work?
My brother and i got unsucsessful while my dads says one moose only and in december is the only time my dad can hunt this year as all his spring work got cancelled so im guessing no deer or spike/fork moose hunting either:mad:

jml11
08-07-2009, 03:39 PM
My brother and i got unsucsessful while my dads says one moose only and in december is the only time my dad can hunt this year as all his spring work got cancelled so im guessing no deer or spike/fork moose hunting either:mad:

Ok, I just thought that if you never got any mail yourself then maybe they lost your application, but it sounds like it might have been them who screwed up and didn't enter you as a shared hunt. Too bad, but with work loads they were subjected to a few mistakes are to be expected.