PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know anything about the Valemont area?

gary murray
08-06-2009, 12:56 PM
A buddy and i are heading over to Valemont for a week hunt in the Micah mountain/Micah creek area in mid October. They have a calf moose season and i'm just wondering if anyone has any tips or advice for that area. I've never been outside of my own backyard on a moose hunt and considering it's about 6 or 7 hours from where i live, i could use any help you have to offer so i'm not driving around like a headless chicken when i get there. I'd still sooner take an immature bull but if i have a chance to get some moose meat in the freezer, i'll take it.

snowhunter
08-06-2009, 03:40 PM
To many black bears around Valemount, which appear to eat most of the moose calf ? Lots of white-tails.

Spend all together two weeks, few years ago, both me at my hunting partner had cow and calf tags. We came briefly across 3 moose, flashing away into the dense forrest. Never fired a shoot. Drove and walked 10+ hour every day.

We never checked the high country. Road going east of the Kinbasket/Cano Lake Road, appears to be interesting, most of them can only be navigated with four tracks. Creeks along those roads full of fish. Plenty of white-tails.

A combination of boat/four tracks along the Kinbasket Lake, and landing on logging roads, only accessable by boat must be very interesting for hunting ?

Comming from south towards Valemount, lots of moose trail/tracks along the dense forrest, going along the Camp Creek and Andreda.

I do'nt think I will ever apply for Limited Entry moose in Valemount area again.