PDA

View Full Version : Revelstoke Goat

pinkmtn
08-06-2009, 08:23 AM
Hey,

Just wondering if there are any Revelstoke hunters that can point me in the right direction for goat at the north end of 4-38? Just looking for a starrting point! cheers

GoatGuy
08-06-2009, 01:00 PM
which sub zone are you in?

pinkmtn
08-06-2009, 02:28 PM
zone c. the farthest one north

GoatGuy
08-06-2009, 03:01 PM
there will be billies at the back end of the goldstream on the south side and there will be billies up the far end of stitt creek. There's usually a log or two across the goldstream - it's not a river you want to wade across. There should be logs across the stitt - you can usually also take the clothes off and wade across it.

Sit and glass across the valley. November's a good time but it can be a bit of a tough slog if the snow's deep.

Have fun.

butcher
08-06-2009, 03:30 PM
Don't get caught up stitt creek without a paddle. HA!

city hunter
08-06-2009, 03:33 PM
there will be billies at the back end of the goldstream on the south side and there will be billies up the far end of stitt creek. There's usually a log or two across the goldstream - it's not a river you want to wade across. There should be logs across the stitt - you can usually also take the clothes off and wade across it.

Sit and glass across the valley. November's a good time but it can be a bit of a tough slog if the snow's deep.

Have fun.
I seen a few goats at stitt creek on May during grizzly hunted this year but around 2000 meters away from the base of the mountain,hope can help you. Good luck !!!

GoatGuy
08-06-2009, 03:41 PM
I seen a few goats at stitt creek on May during grizzly hunted this year but around 2000 meters away from the base of the mountain,hope can help you. Good luck !!!

Takes about 2 hours to get to the bottom of the rocks in good weather. Minimum double that in the snow - the goats push down in the rut.

tracker
08-06-2009, 04:45 PM
good advice goat guy!!!

Pinkmnt can you kill this lucky sob in these pic's for me I lite a fire under his ass a couple years ago hahahhaha:biggrin:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z78/tracker_07/Copyoflucky.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z78/tracker_07/Copy2ofgoatfalls.jpg

here is a pic at the bottom of the falls:mrgreen:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z78/tracker_07/Copy2ofbottomfalls.jpg

pinkmtn
08-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Thanks for all the info. I guess a guy could always buck down a few trees with a saw to cross the river.

thanks

brianscott
08-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Haha, I have a draw for that exact area as well.

Took the question right out of my mouth.

When you thinking of going out?

tracker
08-06-2009, 09:23 PM
there is shallow spots in the river ,I was knee deep across the whole thing about 50 feet. the river is friggin cold ... I would not want to pack a chainsaw back up to the road after the hike over there and back .....

pinkmtn
08-07-2009, 08:41 AM
Haha, I have a draw for that exact area as well.

Took the question right out of my mouth.

When you thinking of going out?

Some time in Oct. My season is going to be caribou/moose in sept. goat in Oct. then my doe draw in Nov......

pinkmtn
08-07-2009, 08:51 AM
there is shallow spots in the river ,I was knee deep across the whole thing about 50 feet. the river is friggin cold ... I would not want to pack a chainsaw back up to the road after the hike over there and back .....

What kind of shape is the road in? Is it fine for trucks or will a guy need a quad?

GoatGuy
08-07-2009, 11:17 AM
What kind of shape is the road in? Is it fine for trucks or will a guy need a quad?

Truck will get you in most spots - a quad won't hurt to have along. One big rain up there and roads disappear. It's pretty wet country.

jml11
08-07-2009, 12:08 PM
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z78/tracker_07/Copy2ofgoatfalls.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z78/tracker_07/Copy2ofbottomfalls.jpg

:shock:

This makes the area I have taken a couple billies look like a walk in the park...I hope there are good billies up there, that is nasty stuff!

Slee
08-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Thats why its 1:1 odds.......... tough country to hunt. I have my goat draw in there as well. I have taken one out of 4-38 before and thought I would give'r a try again...

yukon john
08-08-2009, 06:03 PM
I have had that draw 3 times and I have got one goat, Ive been all over bc and yukon and I would have to say that its some of the roughest country on Gods green earth careful that country will kill you and you wouldnt be the first. Stitt is good french as well. If you go up goldstream 21-22 kms then look across the valley you can almost always see goats (you have to go up french to get em but they are easier to spot from gold stream) also the outfitter there hunts them in november they move down into the clear cuts and off of those nasty cliffs. Late season is the way to go but you may have to make several trips to hit the good weather, I have been weathered in there for 4-5 days at a time. If a guy is lucky enough to get a couple clear days in november its some of the best goats in the province but the mountains and the weather protect those goats. good luck yj

sarnold
08-10-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm also hunting goats in that area for the first time.... With the guidance of a couple guys that know the area and have also taken goats from there..:-D
I can't wait.........or can I?
I have been warned about the weather dozens of times!! can be beautiful or can been nasty and put guys in bad situations....