PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here spend much time in 7-14?

Paulyman
08-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Hey there,

I've got a leh for 7-14 any bull and i was just wondering if anyyone here could give me some info regarding the area...what is the terrain like and is the access any good around there? i mean i don't wan't your honey hole or anything:)

Actually i've been there before and i know it's a decent enough area,just wondering how it has produced in recent years as i haven't been there since 03.Does anyone here spend alot of time in that backcountry and what do you generaly see while you're in the woods around this area...any info would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Paul

jml11
08-06-2009, 12:47 PM
We've run into a few grizzlies in recent work projects there...and there is a 6 point elk season open in there now, which wasn't in place during your last visit. Also a big change since '03 is the insane amounts of logging back there...you can thank pine beetle for that.

BCBigGame
08-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Spent many a season up there. i stopped applying in 2006, too many people. Cow/calf season is insane, people blocking roads, saw a guy spitting out lead from his hunting partners 12 guage, hypodermic needles in slashes...good time. If you can get away from the crowds or get lucky, there are moose to be had

Paulyman
08-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Spent many a season up there. i stopped applying in 2006, too many people. Cow/calf season is insane, people blocking roads, saw a guy spitting out lead from his hunting partners 12 guage, hypodermic needles in slashes...good time. If you can get away from the crowds or get lucky, there are moose to be had

Yikes, thats's not the 7-14 i remember from a few years back:icon_frow

moosinaround
08-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Got your LEH in there eh BCBigGame??? I would use the hypodermic needle excuse too!!

BCBigGame
08-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Got your LEH in there eh BCBigGame??? I would use the hypodermic needle excuse too!!
Actaully did well all but one year, just not my scene. Too busy with deer, sheep draw and goat draw to even bother.

Paulyman
09-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Leaving for my any bull leh on saturday! Anyone here been to 7-14 this hunting season? what's it looking like so far?

Paul

Paulyman
07-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Drawn again for this area, anyone seeing moose up there this year?

Bowzone_Mikey
07-03-2012, 09:06 PM
Wow ... I was gonna Nominate you for bringing up a Post thats 3 years old .... You got drawn twice in 3 years ..... you sonofabitch!!!

Few washouts since 09 ... but basically the same .... seen some sign .... you should be able to cut a tag ...

Paulyman
07-03-2012, 09:33 PM
We cut our tag last time we got this draw in 09, it just took us 13 days last time, funny how things improved once we got out of the truck and walked a bit :-) as much of a bugger as it is getting moose back to the truck if you shoot them any distance away from a road it really helps.
Wow ... I was gonna Nominate you for bringing up a Post thats 3 years old .... You got drawn twice in 3 years ..... you sonofabitch!!!

Few washouts since 09 ... but basically the same .... seen some sign .... you should be able to cut a tag ...

jml11
07-08-2012, 10:30 PM
Depending on the part of 7-14 you hunted last time you could see a lot more logging activity than last time. Pine Beetle logging has been hot and heavy in the area the last few years and there is a big program this year as well. With the high amount of recent logging, functional moose habitat is quite patchy (lots of areas have continuous <5year old blocks for kilometers now). Add this to the recent report from the Ministry that Omineca moose pops are significantly down, you could be in for a tougher hunt...this is not necessarily specific to just 7-14 either, it's a regional problem unfortunately...