PDA

View Full Version : moose question

Blacktailz
08-05-2009, 02:01 PM
hi i am new to hunting and was lucky to get a moose draw in reg 5-06 for any bull, and was wondering if anyone had any info on the area?

300wsm
08-05-2009, 02:28 PM
congrats on your draw and on being a new hunter. i reccommend that you spend a lot of time on google earth and studying your backroad mapbooks.
know where to get your meat to if you do get lucky especially if you got the early draw.
you will have better luck on getting info from most here if you have done your homework and then ask about things like base camp, meat coolers, road access etc...
many people that have been putting in for draws year after year after year probably are a bit bitter if a noob hunter that doens't know an area asks for honey holes.
i say good luck to you and let us know how you do!

300wsm

hunter1947
08-06-2009, 05:40 AM
Welcome to the forum ,I have not hunted in this area before but know others that have done very well for moose in there.

If you get a back roads map for this area the lake called Charlotte lake is a very good area to hunt for moose ,there is a camp site at the end of this lake to camp at if you want.

Good luck with your draw this year http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif.

Blacktailz
08-07-2009, 11:07 AM
thankx hunter1947 thats all i needed to know. muchly appreciated