PDA

View Full Version : pre-huntseason set-up

Ruger4
08-05-2009, 07:23 AM
Anybody else set up their wall tents , precheck the equipment list before hunting season ? I'm off on a elk hunt in a month and moose hunt in nov, I usually set everything up in the back yard and do a checklist prior to leaving but the best part is the kids love it too , sleepover in the back 40, they think its pretty cool to have hunting camp setup at home. Alright then , I'm a little excited too !!! :mrgreen:

mcrae
08-05-2009, 07:43 AM
All my stuff is sitting on the kitchen table being "sorted" again....

Richter313
08-05-2009, 07:50 AM
Got a moose hunt in 36 days, already got the list on the go and a few sleepless nights to go along with it! First moose on LEH so i m super stoaked, partner had all the gear on a weekend camping trip this past BC day and he says its all in working condition......CHECK.:grin:

lunatic
08-05-2009, 07:55 AM
Yep, ensure gun is clean, make sure I have bullets, take tote box with all other gear needed and throw in back of truck. Get up at 04:30 hrs, make coffee, head out door to truck, drive 5 mins from town and start hunting. Moose opens in 10 days. Any size bull :)

RockyMountainHunter1
08-05-2009, 07:59 AM
Buddy's are coming over today to set up the new wall tent.I also have elk hunt in a month and a group hunt for moose in november.Good luck!

BlacktailStalker
08-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Everything is put away ready to use again.
I have a list that I just print off and add to as needed.

martyonthewater
08-05-2009, 09:12 AM
wall tent is going up this week in the backyard,the kids are going to love it, moosecamp checklist is a mile long and continues to grow

Nimrod
08-05-2009, 06:10 PM
all the equipment is taken out and checked before the season.
chain saw tuned and sharpened, tent inspected.
a few weeks ago I assembled my zodiac only to find the transom had partially separated from one of the pontoons, bit of a pain prepping the surfaces for gluing, have to do both sides. this kind of job can't be fixed with a patch kit.
at least I didn't find this out the day before the hunt or worse on the lake shore after a 16 hour drive....

Bow Walker
08-05-2009, 09:16 PM
I've been going over my "pack" about once a week for the past month or so. Excited? Who me?

hunter1947
08-06-2009, 05:26 AM
It is a good idea to set up your wall tent just to make sure all is the way it was last year ,something could have happen to it when it was stored for the year ,mice ,mold etc.

We always put ours up 2 months before we go on our hunt ,sounds like you have a couple dandy hunts planned for this year ,good for you..

bowhunterbruce
08-06-2009, 05:58 AM
i have always gone through the ritual of being ready far in advance,sharpening knifes,sighting in rifles just to be sure,practicing with my bow and doing a few 3d shoots just before hunting season and especially checking all the camping equipment,which was done over a month ago.to say i'm ready for the end of sept for our moose/grizz hunt would be a very mild UNDERSTATEMENT lol. cab you hear my excitment
bruce

MOWITCH SLAYER
08-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Gun's are sighted in, Extra shells are reloaded, bought new game bag's and cover sent, a new cow call, new tires on the travel trailer, tune up on the quad and truck,Knives are sharp, Tag's are next, then starting sept 20 i've got 6 weeks booked off

dutchie
08-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Anybody else set up their wall tents , precheck the equipment list before hunting season ? I'm off on a elk hunt in a month and moose hunt in nov, I usually set everything up in the back yard and do a checklist prior to leaving but the best part is the kids love it too , sleepover in the back 40, they think its pretty cool to have hunting camp setup at home. Alright then , I'm a little excited too !!! :mrgreen:

You take your stuff down?!

Up all summer long :)

We need to cut the top poles because of the Canvas shrinking... We don't want to strech it out because then we will keep running into the same problem... So we are going to cut 2" of the truss poles so we have a solved problem!

Dutchie