PDA

View Full Version : Goat LEH in 3-16A

phred123425
08-03-2009, 11:08 PM
Posted a couple of days ago wondering if anyone on this thread had received the draw for 3-16A for goat. Live across the Fraser River from this area and was wondering if there is anyone interested in teaming up for this hunt? PM please.

ElectricDyck
08-04-2009, 07:10 AM
I had that tag last year and never saw a goat, but did see grizzly. I hope you are prepared to hike and have about 5 days to get in and out properly. I tried several routes to get into the region, the easiest was stryen creek from the east stein trail head, it's about a 4 hour hike to the peaks, but a slower elevation gain than other routes.

I also tried from north Kwioek, just bush wacking up a ridge, it was about 3 hours and very hard. We ended up on the other side the peak to stryen creek.

The last route we tried was the eagle ridge trail, this is my favorite and the most scenic where you end up at Antimony lake and have an extremely steep climb (ropes might be handy) into the regioin, but you end up in the prime habitat where others have seen the goats. It's about 4 1/2 - 5 hours to the lake.

Beautiful scenery and a great tag if you have the time to do it right.

I need some training for fall hunting so if you want to do some pre season hiking up there I'd be into that.