PDA

View Full Version : Houdini's Last Escape

dana
08-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Here's a clip of a old nemesis of mine that I nicknamed Houdini. I actually took this footage right before missing the buck for the second time in 2 years. :eek: He has double droppers and several extras and cheaters which are hidden behind trees.
http://www.monsterhuntclips.com/video/571/Houdinis-Last-Escape

kennyj
08-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Wow! That Houdini is elusive.I couldn't even see him.
kenny

BlacktailStalker
08-03-2009, 02:01 PM
That one, a little hard to make out but keep 'em coming !

dana
08-03-2009, 03:18 PM
This clip should make you boys better at spotting bedded muleys in the timber. ;) He was too far away for my old 8mm camera to see him clearly without the spotter. With the spotter, you can see his right antler as I pan up and down and then see the bucks forehead and white face. His left antler was hidden behind a tree. I tried to scoot over to either side of me to get a full view of him but it was tight any way I went. I had a clear shot on spine and after I took this short clip, I rested the rifle on the turned spotter and pulled the trigger. I however forgot to adjust for the extreme downhill angle and shot high. :frown:

brianscott
08-03-2009, 03:42 PM
If this was his last escape did you end up nailing him?
And you also say this buck WAS your nemesis, past tense.

So either you got him or something or someone else got him.

If you got pics post em up.

dana
08-03-2009, 07:21 PM
I had encountered Houdini for 4 seasons and was never able to seal the deal. This clip is from 2002. This was the last year I ever saw him. He probably met his end as catscat.