PDA

View Full Version : Burris High Country 20-60x60 review- Kinda

vanislehunter1
07-29-2009, 10:47 PM
So, A few weeks back I bought a Spotting Scope off EBay, and Recieved it today. So I was excited about this, and took it into the bush to test it out! It came with lots of things - but I didn't feel like taking a bunch of pics. So, it came with a rubber lens cap for the objective, and a solid screw-on plastic type thing for the eyepiece. It also came with a nylon scope cover, and a table top tripod, which is really good for the $$$, as well as a cloth to clean the glass. all for >$200:cool:. I thought this was an excellent deal, so I bought it.

Now, for a review on the glass. The focus doesn't work very well at 60x, and the glass isn't top notch at that magnification, from my view. But at 20x, it is the best glass for the money. It's very clear up to about 50x, but degrades quite quickly past that. The only thing, is that it has a yellow ring around the outside of the glass. But out of a rating of 5, i'd give it a 4.5. Here's a pic of a grouse at 35 yards. if only it were hunting season!!!

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/vanislehunter1/cabinmain007.jpg

The camera is a bad quality one, so you can just ignore the graininess. camera does not do it justice. I also tried it close to low light, and it was pretty darn good!!

hoho
08-01-2009, 02:11 PM
I think your Burris made in Philippine.:mad:

vanislehunter1
08-02-2009, 11:46 AM
I think your Burris made in Philippine.:mad: It's made in China, It upset me because it didn't say anywhere from where I bought it that it was made there.:roll: