PDA

View Full Version : 3-31 moose info?

tobertuzzi
07-29-2009, 09:45 AM
Just got a moose LEH draw for 3-31, in november. Does anyone know if there are many moose there? And is there anywhere in particular we should concentrate our efforts. We are scouting the area in the fall, but any info would helpful.
Thanks

open-sights
07-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Wow, very nice draw. Should be a pretty decent hunt. I've seen a few moose this spring through to Big Bar ferry. Someone else will be able to give better specs. Welcome to the forum.

levind
07-29-2009, 11:08 AM
i've hunted close to clinton in that and the 3-30 region and never seen a moose but could just be the area we hunt. i thing you want to stay as close to 100 mile house as possible so 70 mile and look for some good lake areas and clear cuts. but thats just what i would do. I'm sure you will get some good info from people that know that area better then me. good luck in your hunt.

kevin

Woodpile
07-29-2009, 11:13 AM
We got that draw last year and didn't see one moose. Didn't see anything except for a few grouse. We did see deer, but they were on the other side of the Fraser grazing on farm land. Problem was is farmers use that crown land in 3-31 for grazing cattle and it pushes the wildlife off. The only relatively fresh sign we saw was at the north end of that region. All the other sign were fresh cow patties.

Spuddge
07-29-2009, 11:14 AM
Here ya go.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=27703

wetcoasthunter
07-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Just got a moose LEH draw for 3-31, in november. Does anyone know if there are many moose there? And is there anywhere in particular we should concentrate our efforts. We are scouting the area in the fall, but any info would helpful.
Thanks

Now, I don't want to be "one of those guys" that gives people a hard time about what draws they put in for, but you put in for a draw you weren't even sure had moose in it?? Does anyone do ANY reasearch before they put in for LEH? I'm suprised people don't ask these types of questions BEFORE the draw takes place, doesn't that make more sense?

silvertipp
07-29-2009, 11:23 AM
for that time of year its not a bad draw if you know where to go

Gord
07-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Hey, congratulations, I got cow or calf same time in 3-31B and my dad got 3-31A. I'm sort of new to that area, just bought land at Big Bar lake, I've been doing lots of driving around and there's lots of sign so they have to be out there. To the people that don't understand why people ask questions about hunting areas, why wouldn't I apply for LEH close to where I live, (4 hours)? As long as you scout the area out it's ok to ask questions in my books. Maybe we'll see you out there!

Gord

tobertuzzi
07-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the replies. I only put in for the hunt in that area cause it was the closest to where I live and and I can only get out for a couple of days at a time. I really apperciate the info.

Thanks guys

tobertuzzi
07-29-2009, 04:50 PM
And where would you go silvertipp?

silvertipp
07-30-2009, 10:08 PM
why dont you pm me

why dont you pm me & well talk

Jelvis
07-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Mu 3-31 for moose -- go in from Dog Creek -- above the Fraser near the western edge, a road east goes into good hunting country -- Mu 3-31 is good hunting for moose deer and grouse in the whole mu -- mostly --
Clinton - 100 Mile go near water sources - early season or willow late like in November-
Jelness

ElliotMoose
10-06-2009, 03:26 PM
i've hunted close to clinton in that and the 3-30 region and never seen a moose but could just be the area we hunt. i thing you want to stay as close to 100 mile house as possible so 70 mile and look for some good lake areas and clear cuts. but thats just what i would do. I'm sure you will get some good info from people that know that area better then me. good luck in your hunt.

kevin

Definately would have to be the area you hunt, seen plenty of moose in 3-30 hunted there since i was 8! Just got back this weekend and seen 11 in 5 days, including 4 real dandy bulls!