PDA

View Full Version : Old ladies first year hunting

Wild one
07-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Well my old lady got a big Nil for draws so I will be working on getting her first buck this fall. The problem is most of my spots the terrain is a little rough for her(bad ankles) and the others become a gong show when any buck opens (I only hunt bow season in these places). So I was wondering if any one here has any suggestions on areas to check out for her.

gamer
07-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Lots of roads off the coq. that are within 2-3 hour drives. These areas can be road hunted with decent success. Spius, Kane Valley, Uztilius, Siwash, to name a few.

longhairmtnman
07-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Follow J-Elvis. :biggrin:

Merrit would be a good day trip for ya. Very good odds.

07-27-2009, 06:44 PM
Well, try to hit the opening days that fall in mid week,
get her and your self deep into where you know there is some game and work backwards rather then main roads then in. Don't be fussy, hammer the first legal buck she can put the gun on. Log outs with new growth are a good bet.
8-5 through 8-9, 3-12 to 3- 20. Be up early and hard at it, cover ground on a quad or p/u, unless you already have a great spot.
Good luck and go get em
CT

Rob
07-27-2009, 06:52 PM
I live in Merritt and its definitely not a sure thing to just drive up and get a buck. I would suggest finding an area thats fairly close to you and pattern the deer or at least find out where there is a good population and be there ready on opening day. Using a natural/manmade ground blind is a good way. It doesnt take long for deer to hit the thick stuff and change their pattern once rifle season starts. However, if you do come up this way and have question feel free to ask me. Rob