PDA

View Full Version : Any Butcher shops up cloase to for saint james

NoLimit99
07-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Hey guys any body live close or in fort saint james who knows of a butcher shop in that area. Any info would be nice.

moosinaround
07-25-2009, 09:08 PM
Hey guys any body live close or in fort saint james who knows of a butcher shop in that area. Any info would be nice.
Country Locker just brfore Vanderhoof. Excellent Butchers, and sausage makers. 40 minute drive from Ft St James, but worth the trip to keep succulent wild game cool! Make sure you leave evidence of gender on the critter, or no butcher will take it!! Moosin

barry1974w
07-26-2009, 07:06 AM
Country locker is good, but depending on where you're hunting it might be a better bet to go to Hunnifords meats, if you take the 200 rd to Chief Lake it takes about an hour and a half, but you can hunt pretty much the whole way. You should also call ahead to make sure they have some room.

Statler
07-26-2009, 08:34 AM
When we hunted north of Ft. Saint James, about 4-5 yrs ago, there was a butcher living in the area. I think his name was Tim and he worked at one of the grocery stores there. Can't remember which one. We found him by asking at the local gas pump. He had a real nice set-up at his house a couple mins out of town. Fairly large cooler and meat cutting room with mono rail right to the cutting table and an overflow cooler. At the time he was also building a much larger cooler. Maybe 16x 20,could be a bit smaller, with insulated concrete floor.
When we bagged our moose he did an awesome job of cutting and double wrapping it. He also frooze it in the grocery stores freezer and met us around 4 am at the store with everything boxed and ready to go.Can't ask for any better service than that. Real nice guy too. As busy as he was I can't see why he wouldn't still be there.
You could check to see if he is still around by googling the stores there and asking for him. Might get lucky. Anyways hope it helps.

todbartell
07-26-2009, 10:46 AM
Im not sure if Country Locker takes wild game anymore.

I got a moose done at Home Meat Services (north of vhoof on Sturgeon Pt Rd) and they did a terrible job.

NoLimit99
07-26-2009, 10:48 AM
We are going to be in region 7-28 so ill be needing a butcher shop close by so we can all do out hunting with out worring about the meat spoiling.

StoneChaser
07-27-2009, 08:10 AM
Country Locker is usually full, and now that they're gov certified I'm not sure if they take game.

I'm in the process of buying a grinder and setting up a personal little meat locker...I've had it with trying to find a local butcher worth using!

moosinaround
07-27-2009, 08:14 AM
A phone call to the country locker is cheap! give em a call. canada 411 works. If they donot take wild game they would likely know who does, and may even have numbers! Simple!! Easy peasy Japenesee!!