PDA

View Full Version : Getting a bow

BRP700
07-24-2009, 11:36 PM
Hi I'm looking to get a compound bow for deer hunting with my uncle and was wondering if anyone knows of a good place to go in the lower mainland to get a bow, if you know of one please tell me.

Bow Walker
07-25-2009, 12:08 AM
Boorman's in New West.....

bowhunterbruce
07-25-2009, 04:33 AM
hub sports is another one and they are in abbottsford.

danfloris
07-25-2009, 05:54 AM
hubsports is your best bet if they dont got they can get it. great prices and good adivce

4570hunter
07-25-2009, 06:10 AM
I agree Best prices hub sports but call first. All Bow shops will try and push you into a brand thats because they are the distributors or its their biggest mark up. Boorman pushes HYOT Bows way to expensive. Not sure what Hub sports pushes but I am sure its some brand.

Personally, I tried most and the ones that works for me is a Mathews. You can buy them new or used on sites like Bowsite.com sometimes on this forum. You have plenty of time for next years hunt with a compound bow but if your thinking about this year with a bow then try a cross bow it's easy and practice is straight forward. Ready made to shoot at 40 yards. IF you can shoot a gun then a cross bow will do the trick.

Good luck

BRP700
07-25-2009, 08:15 AM
thanks everyone for sharing i'll be sure to check em out.

Bowzone_Mikey
07-25-2009, 11:53 AM
.....the ones that works for me is a Mathews. .

Good luck

Speaking of Expensive Brands .....;) Definatly worth it if it works for you tho

You be very hard pressed to find a Crappy bow in todays market

Hoyt is a great brand as is their offline "Reflex", Bowtech is fantastic as is their single Cam Line "Diamond", "Martin" are good bows , their High end line "Rytera" is awesome, Some say that "Elite" is a great bow ...and I wouldnt argue as the best bow designer in the world and the daughter of Martin Archery started Elite and designed all their bows up to 2009 model year when they sold Elite and started "Strother Archery" .
Alpine and Parker and Fred Bear and about 20 other brands are out there and all are good bows .... the trick is to find one that fits you the way you like ... some people try to fit themselves to a particular bow .... and they end up fighting the bow and in turn end up giving up archery because they are frustrated .... find a bow that fits you and then tune the bow to you ... and you will happily shooting for a very long time

Wild one
07-25-2009, 05:11 PM
Big game archery in abby is another good shop and is who has had most of my biss over the last 15 years

Big Lew
07-26-2009, 08:25 AM
I agree with "Wild one", Big Game Archery has my business, Wayne and Wendy are great people, very helpful and knowledgeable, PSE shop, but carry several brands and will set you up with any rig you desire.

danfloris
07-26-2009, 08:33 PM
hub sports does not push any bows whatever they can get is what they will push, pse, Hoyt, Mathews and so on and so on......pse is the most readily available but all can be gotten...and they will have the best prices .