PDA

View Full Version : LEH drawsssssss...

srupp
07-24-2009, 07:36 PM
I just got in from a successful 8 days of salmon fishing on the Skeena River...and immediatly called Tim..he got LEH moose by Aniham LAKE..LOCAL draw..

I got Moose where I had the draw last year so much for decreased odds..:biggrin:

I also got a doe deer draw which is really grat cuz I am helping a new hunter Kyle... a great draw for that..:biggrin:

Then I got cow elk up near Dawson creek...:biggrin:..maybe it wont be -45 like last year..

no bison... but ALL the rest I put in for...and NO MORE GRIZZLY this year:frown:..

cheers

Steven

Steeleco
07-24-2009, 09:13 PM
Steven if you weren't such a nice guy I'd hate you. LOL Good luck you SOB!! ;-);-)

Blainer
07-24-2009, 09:57 PM
Cow elk in Dawson creek?I believe they have a general open season for cow elk in that area.
Different dates?

elkdom
07-24-2009, 10:11 PM
I just got in from a successful 8 days of salmon fishing on the Skeena River...and immediatly called Tim..he got LEH moose by Aniham LAKE..LOCAL draw..

I got Moose where I had the draw last year so much for decreased odds..:biggrin:

I also got a doe deer draw which is really grat cuz I am helping a new hunter Kyle... a great draw for that..:biggrin:

Then I got cow elk up near Dawson creek...:biggrin:..maybe it wont be -45 like last year..

no bison... but ALL the rest I put in for...and NO MORE GRIZZLY this year:frown:..

cheers

Steven

minus-45C ?? whats the problem??

it's a DRY cold! :lol:

besides that, there was elk everywhere!,,,:?:

just like shooting ducks on a pond! :rolleyes:

MIL720
07-24-2009, 10:16 PM
ducks on a pond at -45....wow..........lol

elkdom
07-24-2009, 10:35 PM
Cow elk in Dawson creek?I believe they have a general open season for cow elk in that area.
Different dates?
yes there is a LTD entry hunt for elk, Dec 01 until Feb 28 reg7-20a

and in reg 7-20a there is a GOS for 3X or better Bulls Sept 01, until Oct 31 and a GOS for any antler less in 7-20a from Sept 15 to Oct 31,

srupp
07-24-2009, 11:21 PM
Hmmmmm I am truly embarrassed by the amount of LEHS I have gotten..:redface: HOWEVER I will take all they give me..I agree with Steelco..lucky SOB with a BLACK PEN..

so I go next week for stone sheep..then a mountain horseback deer hunt in the Chilco mts
then Tims Moose leh
then MY moose leh with new hunter KYLE
then doe deer draw with Kyle..
then north to Dawson creek for cow elk..dec-Feb

thats all the hunts for this year..sob sob..:redface:

Kissed on the ass by angels..

Lucky that all the hunts are here in the Cariboo chilcotin except the elk hunt...

Always a good excuse to go see Doug..

cheers

Steven

hunter1947
07-25-2009, 05:14 AM
Just wondering what colour ink pen you used ,very lucky person you are :eek:.

Good luck on filling them this fall :cool:.

Brett
07-25-2009, 08:27 AM
Hmmmmm I am truly embarrassed by the amount of LEHS I have gotten..:redface: HOWEVER I will take all they give me..I agree with Steelco..lucky SOB with a BLACK PEN..............

srupp
07-25-2009, 10:36 AM
It"MAY" all be BS..but I have put in for all my animals with a black pen and between Tim and my applications we have drawn 16 tags in the past 4 years..grizzly , sheep, goats, deer ,moose,elk, :redface:..cariboo

I am not saying it "IS " the black ink but something sure is working..:eek:..

cheers

Steven :wink:

elkdom
07-25-2009, 10:56 AM
It"MAY" all be BS..but I have put in for all my animals with a black pen and between Tim and my applications we have drawn 16 tags in the past 4 years..grizzly , sheep, goats, deer ,moose,elk, :redface:..cariboo

I am not saying it "IS " the black ink but something sure is working..:eek:..

cheers

Steven :wink:

ps; spring Grizzly LEH for reg7B ( medium ball point/black ink ), so once I got the LEH authorization for Spring Grizzly in 7B, I took that "same medium ball point pen" and drew a tiny"black" X in Reg 7-49 on my topo Map, then I went up there ( the X on 7-49) and sure enough!, there was my G Bear!, BANG Flop!,,,,:eek:
I got it all figured out now! ;-) I will never sell that black pen,,,,,

srupp
07-25-2009, 05:23 PM
hmmmmm Dougggggy....its getting pretty thick...lol:eek:..

hope we can have a bit more coffe time this spring in DC...

cheers

Steven:lol:

elkdom
07-25-2009, 05:28 PM
hmmmmm Dougggggy....its getting pretty thick...lol:eek:..

hope we can have a bit more coffe time this spring in DC...

cheers

Steven:lol:

X on the door of Dairy Queen, a reservation so to speak,,, :lol:

sawmill
07-26-2009, 06:58 AM
It`s all about how you hold yer mouth while filling it in.I tend to grind my teeth,others have a slack jawed look of total focus.Good on YA!And good luck!

sawmill
07-26-2009, 07:47 AM
By the way,how did you make out on the Skeena?Where did you fish?I miss that country so much,espesially this time of year.I ,I lived up there most of my life.When the rivers are full of fish you can actually smell them.I fished Kispiox and Kitwanga and the Bulkley mostly.I hope you took a minute to stand on the bridge at Morricetown and watch 100 thousand salmon go by in 10 miniuts.Incredible thing to see!It`s a long drive from here but I aim to do it next year.

srupp
07-26-2009, 08:52 AM
fishing was slow, water was high but we did get chinooks and sockeye..

steven

and DID see a Kermode...spirit bear..AWESOME...