PDA

View Full Version : buffalo draw!!

bcriverhunter
07-24-2009, 05:34 PM
:razz:..buddy just got in to town and we checked his LEH...#0004 pink mountain bison!! SWEET!....hopefully i can pick some hunters brains here in the near future(wink)....date is last 2 weeks dec!..larry

Bighorn hunter
07-25-2009, 11:10 AM
which area did your buddy get the draw? Sikanni valley or the halfway valley?If its the Sikanni side get ahold of Mike and Dixie Hammet. They have the hunting outfit there. Use to be around 150 a day to stay in their cabins, and they suplied the food. If its the halfway side get ahold of the natives that own the hunting area. The phone number will be with the package you get with the draw sheet. Cost for the cabins with the natives was around $65 a day for the hunter only(no charge for the rest amazinly enough) and a one time trespass fee of around 175.00.

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
08-14-2013, 07:21 PM
Nice first post !!!

lorneparker1
08-14-2013, 07:31 PM
Nice 2009 thread!!

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
08-14-2013, 09:26 PM
Looks like some post got deleted ...lol

Bear Chaser
08-14-2013, 09:57 PM
Looks like some post got deleted ...lol

I wondered how long it would last.
Obviously didn't meet the advertising rules.:wink:

Darksith
08-15-2013, 08:15 AM
which area did your buddy get the draw? Sikanni valley or the halfway valley?If its the Sikanni side get ahold of Mike and Dixie Hammet. They have the hunting outfit there. Use to be around 150 a day to stay in their cabins, and they suplied the food. If its the halfway side get ahold of the natives that own the hunting area. The phone number will be with the package you get with the draw sheet. Cost for the cabins with the natives was around $65 a day for the hunter only(no charge for the rest amazinly enough) and a one time trespass fee of around 175.00.

forget the trespass fee...its winter, the trail will be fine, and the bison could be on the trail

Darksith
08-15-2013, 08:17 AM
so we got the blueberry band digging up ancient posts in order to get people to stay with them...come on! Not winning any brownie points in this crowd doin that...

44inchStone
08-22-2013, 01:27 PM
$175 dollar tresspass fee?? try $200 and up. I think it depends on the day and who you are. We have paid some years $200 and others $250.
When there's 6 guys in your hunting party someone is pocketing alot of cash.
Was in there a few years ago. Saw a few bison(Didn't have the draw) and when it came to moose. I just could not believe that we did not even see one moose in two weeks and only a handful of elk.
Very sad.!
Not sure what has happened in this area but it seems to have been desimated. Beautiful area but I didn't drive all that way just for a sight seeing trip.
Have chosen a different area. No tresspass fee and animals that don't burn out of the area at the sight of a human.
Good luck on your draw.

Sofa King
08-22-2013, 01:32 PM
$175 dollar tresspass fee?? try $200 and up. I think it depends on the day and who you are. We have paid some years $200 and others $250.
Was in there a few years ago. Saw a few bison(Didn't have the draw) and when it came to moose. I just could not believe that we did not even see one moose in two weeks and only a handful of elk.
Very sad.!
Not sure what has happened in this area but it seems to have been desimated. Beautiful area but I didn't drive all that way just for a sight seeing trip.
Have chosen a different area. No tresspass fee and animals that don't burn out of the area at the sight of a human.
Good luck on your draw.

it was 4 years ago. haha.

kendoo
08-22-2013, 03:49 PM
Very sad.!
Good luck on your draw.

it was 4 years ago. haha.

kendoo
08-22-2013, 03:51 PM
FN hunt that area 365 days a year & for a fee will take a non fn any time.