PDA

View Full Version : hunting in mu 3-31

MEATEATER
07-23-2009, 03:24 PM
Hey guys
Im going to admit it ive never hunted off the island but I drew my first tag ever finally!!!!!:-D a bull moose tag for mu 3-31b so the wife and I are packing up and heading north for sometime in november. Know Im not looking for any ones secret spot but I was wondering if someone out there would mind giving me a little info on where to even start looking and what time the moose are rutting ive been searching google earth for spots but thats all i really have to go on. any info to up my odds on sucess would be hugely appriciated. im even hopeing my wife can get a 4x4 mulie for her first deer it would be awesome. Im also assuming I might have to get buddy buddy with some farmers to hunt some private land? well thanks again guys for any info you can lend out to a fellow hunter.

cheers

mr.280
07-23-2009, 03:39 PM
I'll send you a private message,saw a nice bull in 2007.

f350ps
07-23-2009, 03:40 PM
The ruts long gone by then but that's a pretty good area so you should be able to find one if ya put your time in. Good luck! K

Crazy_Farmer
07-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Brother had a draw there last year for any bull, only found a couple tracks but no sightings in 3 days. Also didnt stay long enough probably.

Caveman
07-23-2009, 04:20 PM
The bulls will be holding up replenishing after a long rut. You'll need to burn some shoe leather to find where they hold up. Water and food is where they'll be, little else on their minds

cariboobill
07-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Primary Rut is over long ago in Nov. Might get a second rut. But look for Moose in the Clinton Creek bottom. Good area for late season.

Moose72
07-23-2009, 09:37 PM
Always bulls runnin around in NOV. second rut. Between clinton and 70 mile house is pretty good. Not alot of private land in there either. Lots of roads and huge clearcuts. Don't be scared to walk as the clears aren't flat like they look. Great deer in there to.

MEATEATER
07-23-2009, 10:02 PM
thanks guys for the info ill take it all in and keep looking on google earth im really looking forward to this hunting year cant wait to bag a moose yahooooooooo!

Brew
07-24-2009, 08:34 AM
The rut will be over by then but the odd one still may come in for a look if ya give it a try. There are quite a few moose in the area even some nice big ones. I got a 44 inch bull there a few years back. Look around the swamps and ponds for signs. if ya find sign try to get back to that spot first thing in the morning and he might be there eating. hopefully you get a dropping of snow as it hepls tremendously in locating them. Good luck