PDA

View Full Version : region 6

GIDDERDONE
07-22-2009, 06:17 AM
Hi there i was just wondering,I got a moose draw for 6 09,first choice was 60 4.I had worked in the power outage storm that swept through burns lake and area a few years ago and decided it was a good area too try for but i haven,t been in the area of 6 09 before, the draw is from oct 27 to nov. 15 any ideas or help of where too start would be great and thx. in advance.GIDDERDONE

hunter1947
07-22-2009, 07:57 AM
Message sent.

elkdom
07-22-2009, 09:46 AM
Get right to the point! not much time in a busy schedule for niceties!, like hello! I am from here or there!, my hobbies are? I would like to share a bit of humor with everyone, as I am new here! NO!, just ask where and "how to?" !!!

Now, like so many other threads, right to the point, point being , someone surfing the NET, someone whom stumbled on an LEH tag with NO idea about the conditions or type of terrain, logical thing is ask the INTERNET for detailed info after acquiring a LEH tag for Zone X, Reg Y,????
someone needs help, right now, gedderdone , in a hurry, in a moment, all the secrets of the universe at your finger tips,,, or on HBC!

a lot of people on this site have many years of experience and 1000's of hands on facts to share, but brash and self serving requests and fast fix remedies for persons with no real contribution to the outdoors sports, go mostly ignored, except for a few who are fast to respond with some quick and generic directions for someone not inclined to work a second to acquire fulfillment from a sport that deserves dedication and respect,,,

sorry you wont be giddin'erdone with my help!

bowhunterbruce
07-22-2009, 10:22 AM
Get right to the point! not much time in a busy schedule for niceties!, like hello! I am from here or there!, my hobbies are? I would like to share a bit of humor with everyone, as I am new here! NO!, just ask where and "how to?" !!!

Now, like so many other threads, right to the point, point being , someone surfing the NET, someone whom stumbled on an LEH tag with NO idea about the conditions or type of terrain, logical thing is ask the INTERNET for detailed info after acquiring a LEH tag for Zone X, Reg Y,????
someone needs help, right now, gedderdone , in a hurry, in a moment, all the secrets of the universe at your finger tips,,, or on HBC!

a lot of people on this site have many years of experience and 1000's of hands on facts to share, but brash and self serving requests and fast fix remedies for persons with no real contribution to the outdoors sports, go mostly ignored, except for a few who are fast to respond with some quick and generic directions for someone not inclined to work a second to acquire fulfillment from a sport that deserves dedication and respect,,,

ya what he said and besides all newbies absolutly have to give a good joke of which no one has seen the likes of from you yet.
goodluck

elkdom
07-22-2009, 10:33 AM
ya what he said and besides all newbies absolutly have to give a good joke of which no one has seen the likes of from you yet.
goodluck

cold and blatant requests for instant "self gratification" really bugs me! :|

maybe a scouting trip will help him out in his "quest" for a moose! :shock::tongue:

dino
07-22-2009, 12:00 PM

what you and others dont like, seems to me to be straight up honesty. This guy sounds like he's a lineman and thats how they talk, Their lives depend on straight answers and dont have time to beet around the bush especially when the power is out and everyone wants it back on. Im sure you would gladly give out some info to him if your power was out. Giderdone dont listen to the negative garbage on here I would gladly help you if I could,people respect straight up guys, the bullshit you have to go through to just get an honest answer from someone is wasted time. Good luck brother and maybe we will meet on the next storm.

elkdom
07-22-2009, 12:12 PM
what you and others dont like, seems to me to be straight up honesty. This guy sounds like he's a lineman and thats how they talk, Their lives depend on straight answers and dont have time to beet around the bush especially when the power is out and everyone wants it back on. Im sure you would gladly give out some info to him if your power was out. Giderdone dont listen to the negative garbage on here I would gladly help you if I could,people respect straight up guys, the bullshit you have to go through to just get an honest answer from someone is wasted time. Good luck brother and maybe we will meet on the next storm.

there's more to hunting than please indicate NOW! for ME! , where "my next kill is with an X on the map",

good scouting!:-P

LYKTOHUNT
07-22-2009, 12:19 PM

WOW wrong side of bed, I guess that will teach you to ask a question on this site

elkdom
07-22-2009, 12:31 PM
WOW wrong side of bed, I guess that will teach you to ask a question on this site

offer up all the information you can muster! ,,, :smile:

lunatic
07-22-2009, 12:45 PM
:tongue:

Hi, I got an LEH draw for a bison in 7-33 right in Swan Lake Provincial park. I have no idea how to hunt bison. I heard you live in the area. I promise not to dump my rv holding tanks on your lawn if you can help me out. Thanks.:tongue:

elkdom
07-22-2009, 12:52 PM
:tongue:

Hi, I got an LEH draw for a bison in 7-33 right in Swan Lake Provincial park. I have no idea how to hunt bison. I heard you live in the area. I promise not to dump my rv holding tanks on your lawn if you can help me out. Thanks.:tongue:

bison at the X !:-D as for dumping, no problem!:-?

BYOP ( bring your own paper) 8)

elkdom
07-22-2009, 01:11 PM
Pretty tough to get a second choice LEH in an area that typically has 6:1 odds, isn't it?:-D

I'd suggest you dig out your rec atlas or BC backroads mapbook and start looking at access potential. The Morice FSR leaves the highway just west of Houston and may be a good area to start - plenty of spur roads and many cutblocks to check out. Get out off the beaten path, and odds are you'll see moose.

That is my general response to a general question. Don't be angry with me, Elkdom.8)

hahaha, :smile:see Im laughing, feel the love,:tongue:

GIDDERDONE
07-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Thx. Hunter1947 and dino.As for Elkdom,I DO CONTRIBUTE MY TIME TOO BOTH MY AVID SPORTS HUNTING AND FISHING FOR THE PAST 20+ yrs.And i've hunted lots of new spots I've never been too before with usual success.I'm not looking for handouts.I just wanted too see if anybody's hunted there,live there vice versus and did or do you like the area and how's your success been.I do work for a power company and spent 21+ 16hr. days in the burns lk area trying to restore power in unruly conditions.And i didn't happen too fall on too this tag i've been putting in for this for a couple years thx.And you want a joke, The joke is ELKDOM:evil:

sawmill
07-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Real nice Elkdumb:roll:
Sending you a pm Gidderdone

elkdom
07-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Thx. Hunter1947 and dino.As for Elkdom,I DO CONTRIBUTE MY TIME TOO BOTH MY AVID SPORTS HUNTING AND FISHING FOR THE PAST 20+ yrs.And i've hunted lots of new spots I've never been too before with usual success.I'm not looking for handouts.I just wanted too see if anybody's hunted there,live there vice versus and did or do you like the area and how's your success been.I do work for a power company and spent 21+ 16hr. days in the burns lk area trying to restore power in unruly conditions.And i didn't happen too fall on too this tag i've been putting in for this for a couple years thx.And you want a joke, The joke is ELKDOM:evil:

just telling like it is!, obviously that offends you, oh well I'll get over it, hope you do also,
I'm sorry, but I do my own scouting, seems to work pretty well for me 8)

and I am very happy for you and your new friends,,,:D

good luck on your moose hunt,,,:wink:

Moose72
07-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Sounds to me like another case of the wrong leh given out. Maybe people should read the whole story here. Nice folks from B.C. Proud to be part of ya.

GIDDERDONE
07-22-2009, 05:06 PM
I normally do my own scouting as well thx.And you did offend me a bit and i'll get over it.:mad:

elkdom
07-22-2009, 05:14 PM
I normally do my own scouting as well thx.And you did offend me a bit and i'll get over it.:mad:

there, I felt bad, I changed my "avatar", I'm trying to be a better person,,,:neutral:

GIDDERDONE
07-22-2009, 07:30 PM
That's frikin funny man,hey no hard feelings i'm sure we can all get along thx. GID

sawmill
07-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Hey Gidderdone,if thats your boat in your avatar I`ll show you my good spots here if you take me fishin`:biggrin:

dino
07-24-2009, 12:36 PM
there's more to hunting than please indicate NOW! for ME! , where "my next kill is with an X on the map",

good scouting!:-P
why not put an x on a spot? The more first time hunters with success the better it is for all of us. Are you saying that if you had put an x on a spot on where to go and a first time hunter went there and had success you wouldnt feel great about yourself for being part of such an unforgettable experience?
You and people like you miss out. I shot my first moose because someone told me where to go, you should have seen the smile on his face when I showed him my first moose kill.You should have seen mine.:-P

sawmill
07-24-2009, 04:04 PM
I agree whole heartedly!Well said Dino.

elkdom
07-24-2009, 04:45 PM
why not put an x on a spot? The more first time hunters with success the better it is for all of us. Are you saying that if you had put an x on a spot on where to go and a first time hunter went there and had success you wouldnt feel great about yourself for being part of such an unforgettable experience?
You and people like you miss out. I shot my first moose because someone told me where to go, you should have seen the smile on his face when I showed him my first moose kill.You should have seen mine.:-P

really?? you seem to know so much about me!:idea: :lol:
over 40 years of hunting everything that is available to hunt BC, I have taken dozens and dozens of BC newbie hunters out to score on their first successful big game hunt, deer, bears, moose and elk , many of them lurk on this HBC site, but just like walking into someones hunting camp and asking for info where to score on a big game animal without any introduction or acquaintance, just make a blatant request for info, and end up getting the cold shoulder, any one asking for info, too much in a hurry to become friendly, too much lacking in tact, will probably get my " LIBERAL FINGER! " pointing in some direction, not necessarily in the direction of big game!

similarly goes for seeking permission to hunt on PRIVATE Land, just knock on the door and say "I wanna hunt here"!,,, just phone the guy owns the land at 11 pm and say "I have a tag,I wanna hunt your land",,, SLAM! or CLICK is most likely what you will hear!,
TODAY, I posted the EXACT coordinates for Stones Sheep this morning, and I didn't get any thank you's,,, :lol:
but sure as $HIT in next 2 or 3 weeks, if not sooner, someone will start a Thread "Where can I find a Stones Sheep ???"
not many people bother to read or research, they just com-online and outright ask " where should I go for X ?? "
sometimes , I am happy to tell them EXACTLY Where to Go!" :eek::shock::tongue:

sawmill
07-24-2009, 04:51 PM
My ,you have a lot of pent up anger!You need to channel it,maybe go to Iraq this fall,I hear they need a few angry men.

elkdom
07-24-2009, 04:58 PM
My ,you have a lot of pent up anger!You need to channel it,maybe go to Iraq this fall,I hear they need a few angry men.
you also think you know me ??:idea: but NO cigar!:razz:

I'm really quite a happy go lucky person,,,:lol:

must be the " LUCKY " that helps me fill all my tags every year! :biggrin:

sawmill
07-24-2009, 05:27 PM
Ahh,maybe it`s just the anonamous power of the Intraweb that allows your TRUE beauty to shine through.You go girl!:p

Aaron Blom
07-24-2009, 05:47 PM
First let me say thank-you for restoring our power as fast as you did. If i were you I would not stray to far from Fancis Lake. Any branch off of it with an FSR sign will have good numbers of mooses as it seems to be where they managed to survive. On of my honey holes I never did hunt when I live up the was the Owen North. Get past Owen Hat and it open up to some great swamp complex`s, always say moose when work in that area, and some very good deer. Once again thank-you for getting us our power back.

elkdom
07-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Ahh,maybe it`s just the anonamous power of the Intraweb that allows your TRUE beauty to shine through.You go girl!:p

you dont wanna TANGLE with ME, do yah shorty? :shock:

dino
07-24-2009, 11:10 PM
really?? you seem to know so much about me!:idea: :lol:
over 40 years of hunting everything that is available to hunt BC, I have taken dozens and dozens of BC newbie hunters out to score on their first successful big game hunt, deer, bears, moose and elk , many of them lurk on this HBC site, but just like walking into someones hunting camp and asking for info where to score on a big game animal without any introduction or acquaintance, just make a blatant request for info, and end up getting the cold shoulder, any one asking for info, too much in a hurry to become friendly, too much lacking in tact, will probably get my " LIBERAL FINGER! " pointing in some direction, not necessarily in the direction of big game!

similarly goes for seeking permission to hunt on PRIVATE Land, just knock on the door and say "I wanna hunt here"!,,, just phone the guy owns the land at 11 pm and say "I have a tag,I wanna hunt your land",,, SLAM! or CLICK is most likely what you will hear!,
TODAY, I posted the EXACT coordinates for Stones Sheep this morning, and I didn't get any thank you's,,, :lol:
but sure as $HIT in next 2 or 3 weeks, if not sooner, someone will start a Thread "Where can I find a Stones Sheep ???"
not many people bother to read or research, they just com-online and outright ask " where should I go for X ?? "
sometimes , I am happy to tell them EXACTLY Where to Go!" :eek::shock::tongue:
Hey bud this aint no hunting camp and its not private. when someone does walk into our camp "and they do " they are welcome. Never have we had a bad encounter.If they ask for help, I cant wait to give it.As for private land I dont think very many people act as ignorant as you think when their asking for permission.

elkdom
07-24-2009, 11:17 PM
Hey bud this aint no hunting camp and its not private. when someone does walk into our camp "and they do " they are welcome. Never have we had a bad encounter.If they ask for help, I cant wait to give it.As for private land I dont think very many people act as ignorant as you think when their asking for permission.

thanks bud! lol you told me everything you know, and still I know nothing :lol:

GIDDERDONE
07-25-2009, 07:24 AM
No problem aaron and thank you,Sawmill it is my boat in my avatar,i try and get out when i can I have 2 yr old and a newborn,but at any breaking moment i,m out slaying salmon and halis.If your ever in the area or coming down to the island pm me and we could probably work something out,as for me getting out too the kimberly area,I come as far as creston for work and let me tell you guy's live in God's country out there.i've hunted all over area 4 and it's awesome!cheers Gid:biggrin: