PDA

View Full Version : region 2 mule?

shekarchi
07-21-2009, 07:47 PM
hey everyone

This is my first year going hunting, and my buddy that is coming with me has never hunted in bc. I want to start scouting some areas in region 2, but I have no idea where to start.:-( I know that no experienced hunter gives away their good spots, and i am not asking for that. I was just wondering if anyone could give me an idea of where to start in region 2.

any help is greatly appreciated.

NaStY
07-21-2009, 07:55 PM
I suggest down loading google earth and pic an area and start scouting.

There's so many places one can hunt close by its hard to pick just one area....

Shooter
07-21-2009, 07:55 PM
Well sorry I can't help you in Region 2 but it is nice to see someone asking for areas to focus SCOUTING on instead of the way some people ask for places they should go shoot something at. Leg work is the only real way to find great spots as no one will ever usually just give up that info. Thats the great thing about scouting, you always know at the beginning of the day that the back of the truck is coming back empty anyways. Plus sometimes finding no deer or deer sign in an are is almost as productive as finding deer. That way you can narrow the search down a bit further.

Dirty
07-21-2009, 08:08 PM
Region 2 can be a tough go. I would head towards Squamish and Pemberton seeing as you are in Vancouver. There is good Blacktail in them there regions.

hillclimber
07-21-2009, 08:19 PM
shot a 4x4 in 2-2 last year on the road to ross lake. right in the middle of the road.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/harns.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=7539&size=big&cat=500&ppuser=6512)

shekarchi
07-21-2009, 08:26 PM
ok, just downloaded google earth. I need to pick an area or two for next week. no sleep till I see a nice buck in region 2 LOL.

nice pic The Menno, that gave me some hope for region 2. :D

o2fish2day
07-21-2009, 09:02 PM
My advice, go to another region unless you want a lesson in frustration. I can't stomach any more region 2 hunting. It's like hunting unicorns

bsa30-06
07-21-2009, 09:08 PM
My advice, go to another region unless you want a lesson in frustration. I can't stomach any more region 2 hunting. It's like hunting unicorns

Sounds like you have been following me around.Lots of the terrain is very steep and thick, and we all know blacktails are just mystical creatures.I'd probably have better luck hunting unicorns.

cainer
07-21-2009, 09:16 PM
Everyone knows there's no deer in Region 2-especially not in Pemberton! ;)

rishu_pepper
07-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Sounds like you have been following me around.Lots of the terrain is very steep and thick, and we all know blacktails are just mystical creatures.I'd probably have better luck hunting unicorns.

Listen to Lloyd and get away from Region 2, Blacktails are just an urban legend around here ;)

As another Lowermainlander, I'd head for Region 3 now that the Coq is opened up there are tons of good places.

TIKA 300
07-21-2009, 09:33 PM
HAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL !!!!!! Good luck with that one......
Ive got 2 three pts and thats only cuz i found the complete skeletons :cool: :cool:

All kidding aside,find logging road,look for deer habitat,find deer tracks (or crap)and if you arent crawling on your belly,or if you can see your hand in front of you with an outstretched arm,your in the wrong spot.:eek:

proguide66
07-21-2009, 09:40 PM
Go to the Island and follow Kenny J and Blacktasil stalker around:tongue:

TheDuckinator
07-21-2009, 10:02 PM
My advice is just to drive logging roads and glass slashes till you find an area that tickles your fancy, don't be scared to get out of your truck like some so called hunters. And Google Earth is your new best friend.

Best of luck

Steeleco
07-22-2009, 12:08 AM
Reg 2 can be very frustrating, the area is thick and the deer invisible. For the sake of an extra hours drive, head up the Coq. If you try the bottom of hwy closer to Hope, you'll see mulies and Blacktails. But the easier the access the greater the chance of finding recreational ATV'ers too, especially this time of year.

Blainer
07-22-2009, 08:38 AM
I have harvested better than 20 bucks from region 2,and with my hunting partners combined we would be better than a 100.
There are plenty of deer in region 2,but stay away from the high profile spots like Harrison,Hope.ect.
I believe it is equally as important if not more as to when you hunt as to where you hunt.
First scout and find the does and then target the bucks.
tip-the worse the weather,especially rain,the better the hunting,not to mention less hunting pressure.
If you choose to scout areas with google earth,look at the power lines,river bottoms,and not so recent clear cuts.
They trim under the power lines about every 4 years and open the area up for visibility.
Good luck.

Wild one
07-22-2009, 02:13 PM
The best advice I can give for reg 2 is look for places that others have over looked or lace up your boots and find spots most are not crazy enough to go to.

Gord
07-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Try calling the deer in. Sitting in one spot works best for me. You may call in a predator so be aware. Don't get frustrated, it's worth it. Google Earth, Airplane Creek in Chilliwack, or Tamihi. Tough hunting but fun too.

shekarchi
07-22-2009, 04:29 PM
The best advice I can give for reg 2 is look for places that others have over looked or lace up your boots and find spots most are not crazy enough to go to.

boots are ready :smile: next couple weeks are gonna be fun. lots of climbing, and maybe some pictures of a buck

TIKA 300
07-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Good luck on the scouting...If you are going out to the wack,there have been some biggins taken out there.:cool:

ruger#1
07-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Hunt them in october,hard to find in this thick crap. Look for their trails and look for buck scrapes on the trees. Good luck and be safe.

mrmanimal
08-25-2009, 07:40 PM
a few years ago I went camping in pemberton alone and when i woke up there were five dear beside my eating grass. But that was before the olympic crap started happening.

cloverphil
08-25-2009, 07:52 PM
we pulled a 5x5 blacktail out of the east side of harrison lake last Nov. found him standing on the road after a day of looking, there's no telling on when and where to find them