PDA

View Full Version : need help with unexpected draw

tombstone
07-20-2009, 10:30 AM
hey guys! I would appreciate a little help with Prince George area 7-09. My buddy and I, for some strange reason, were awarded a moose draw in this area and we have never hunted there.We applied for 5-02 1st and 2nd choice, but ended up with a draw here. We have never applied for here so have no clue about the area. So we have to do some schooling on lodging, meatlockers,and if it's good hunting around there. Any help or advice would be well appreciated. Thanks

Moose72
07-20-2009, 10:33 AM
Sheep for Kamloops lake. September.

jml11
07-20-2009, 10:36 AM
I know the area well...it's where I put in. I shot a bull there last season as well. Definitely lots of moose there and you can stay right in PG if you don't mind a bit of a drive every morning, otherwise just set up a camp. Send me a PM if you have any specific questions and I will try and help you out.

brad ferris
07-20-2009, 10:52 AM
tombstone you drew my tag.i guess someone in the moe office didn't like the way i was bashing them so they gave my tag to a guy that didn't even apply.too funny.anyway theres some good moose up there, good luck.

tombstone
07-20-2009, 10:55 AM
throws a little loop into a guys huny alright, funny how things work sometimes. Oh well good chance to see some new county. thanks

Ambush
07-20-2009, 11:08 AM
hey guys! I would appreciate a little help with Prince George area 7-09. My buddy and I, for some strange reason, were awarded a moose draw in this area and we have never hunted there.We applied for 5-02 1st and 2nd choice, but ended up with a draw here. We have never applied for here

How is this possible??? That would mean that the hunt in 7-09 would have been under-applied for. And I really doubt that that is the case.http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon5.gif

And before anybody asks, no I didn't apply for 7-09.

lip_ripper00
07-20-2009, 11:22 AM
With the screw up withe draw this year nothing would surprise me,when my NIL comes in the mail next week I am hoping their is a suprise in it for me:D

jml11
07-20-2009, 11:58 AM
Every year there a few "surprise" draws that happen, due to human error most likely. Either the hunter accidently entered the wrong code or the person entering the data in the software entered it incorrectly becasue of chicken scratch writing or just plain hit the wrong key and didn't double check. The ministry does do an audit on the enteries but obvioulsy can't check them all so there a few that are bound to have mistakes. It actually happened to two friends last year, one got a shared hunt by entering the wrong code and the other got a bull draw in a neighbouring zone that was only one hunt code number off (must have thought his 2 was 3 or vice versa, can't recall). All you can do is make the best of it!

jml11
07-20-2009, 12:01 PM
How is this possible??? That would mean that the hunt in 7-09 would have been under-applied for. And I really doubt that that is the case.http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon5.gif

And before anybody asks, no I didn't apply for 7-09.

7-09 was definitely not under-applied for, this is just a case of gross error, which sounds like the ministry's fault. Tombstone said his first and second choices were for zones in 5-02 (a,b,c or d) and he never applied for 7-09 at all. Kind of a weird error as the hunt codes between these areas are quite different :?.

3kills
07-20-2009, 12:30 PM
my cousin and aunty got a moose draw for i think 3-46 and they didnt apply for 3-46 they applied for 3-19

stanway
07-20-2009, 01:40 PM

I applied for 7-09 as well. NIL for me. At least our other group got the draw.

308Lover
07-20-2009, 02:04 PM
WTF? I got No tags! If hunting near PG is too tough I`d be glad to Share!

LOL

308Lover
07-20-2009, 02:05 PM
I`ll take the 7-09 tag by the way--it should be mine anyway after 22 years! Just phone them and tell them about the error.Yep--get right on it!

Goliath
07-20-2009, 02:08 PM
Tombstone,

Good for you, 7-09 is a fine draw. On the other hand, it would be a tragedy if they messed up and gave you a draw for 3-46. Whoa, that would bite.

More importantly just in case the MOE catches on and wants to recind your draw, cancel your voicemail and get call display. Don't answer the phone. And of course, don't let your LEH leave your wallet. :)

Good luck.

d6dan
07-20-2009, 02:29 PM
hey guys! I would appreciate a little help with Prince George area 7-09. My buddy and I, for some strange reason, were awarded a moose draw in this area and we have never hunted there.We applied for 5-02 1st and 2nd choice, but ended up with a draw here. We have never applied for here so have no clue about the area. So we have to do some schooling on lodging, meatlockers,and if it's good hunting around there. Any help or advice would be well appreciated. Thanks

Now your another one with a draw you didn't ask for. Go figure?. Check out the Offical LEH lastest threads.

tombstone
07-20-2009, 04:20 PM
pretty sure the mistake wasn't my buddies guess the ministry has their cutbacks in staff also!
But here's another one for ya, was down Hali fishin on the weekend and met a local Van Island guy who's gotten 4 Elk draws in the last 8 years. the two of us have been putting in for 22 and 27 years and nothing, kinda frosts ya!!

d6dan
07-20-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm going to 7-08 for my cow moose. your not too far away,and from some of the guys contacting me its going to be fun....

moosehunter21
07-20-2009, 06:54 PM
With the screw up withe draw this year nothing would surprise me,when my NIL comes in the mail next week I am hoping their is a suprise in it for me:D
I thought I was the only one doing this with all the screw ups it really wouldnt suprise me to get my draw after all.

Bowzone_Mikey
07-20-2009, 07:03 PM

You sonofa***** you got my draw !!!!

Its actually pretty good area to hunt ...theres a few random campsites that are good staging areas and alot good places to set up and wait if you are into that

aletheuo
07-20-2009, 07:44 PM
I'm going to 7-08 for my cow moose. your not too far away,and from some of the guys contacting me its going to be fun....

Yes, that caliber should be fine for a cow... now a bull... hmmm... LOL. I know it's the area not the caliber. Just a little monday night humour.

d6dan
07-21-2009, 12:37 PM
Yes, that caliber should be fine for a cow... now a bull... hmmm... LOL. I know it's the area not the caliber. Just a little monday night humour.
Yeeeee...Haaaaaa. Lets giver..