PDA

View Full Version : Elk 4-14 Leh

cowboy-up69
07-19-2009, 09:56 PM
So I got drawn for 3pt or bigger elk for 4-14. My question is, when is the best time to go there during the rut?? I was thinkin about headin there for the 18th of sept and stay there for about a week or 4-5 days, is this a good time to go? And is it alot of private land there, or can I find some crown land to hunt? Im going down that way next weekend, I might try and check the area out a bit and see what its like. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!!

Cliff

cowboy-up69
07-20-2009, 06:12 PM
Nobody wanna help a guy out here or what????

:eek:

eastkoot
07-20-2009, 06:17 PM
Im guessing not .

trapperRick
07-21-2009, 01:01 PM
Hi
The peak rut time in the east koot is around Sept 23, I can't help you with area's.

Buckman
07-21-2009, 04:14 PM
The area is north of Grand Forks.

SteadyGirl
07-21-2009, 04:40 PM
4-14 is good elk country, you should have no problem filling your tag so just relax, take your time and have a fun hunt. The arrow lakes shed antlers (from the year before the bull died) were found in 4-14 btw. The area is more north west of Castlegar than north of Grand Forks. I would hunt the southern more part of the area. Lindsay Lk FSR is a good start, lots of lakes for camping and young cutblocks. Way more effort than needed (hopefully) but the ridge trails in the area are beautiful too.

cowboy-up69
07-21-2009, 11:55 PM
4-14 is good elk country, you should have no problem filling your tag so just relax, take your time and have a fun hunt. The arrow lakes shed antlers (from the year before the bull died) were found in 4-14 btw. The area is more north west of Castlegar than north of Grand Forks. I would hunt the southern more part of the area. Lindsay Lk FSR is a good start, lots of lakes for camping and young cutblocks. Way more effort than needed (hopefully) but the ridge trails in the area are beautiful too.

Thanks man!! So when would be the best time to go?

palmer
07-22-2009, 10:18 AM
4-14 is a tough hunt...It is the west side of arrow lakes and north of Christina lake. My advice is to come down to it from edgewood....the access from the Paulson is almost all road closure...