PDA

View Full Version : LEH Grizz in 7 -40

Belle
07-19-2009, 06:36 PM
Looking for some info on area 7-40, my partner got a LEH tag for Grizz in that area for the fall and we know nothing about it other than it is at the top of Williston lake. He never put in for Grizz in that area but I guess there was left over tags and they issued him one as he indicated that he would accept a second choice in the same region. By looking on the maps you can drive to the area but I believe that it goes through a couple of aboriginal reserves. OH yeah we also got shared LEH for moose in 7-14, a nice change after going dry on draws for the last 5 years, anyway any info on 7-40 would help.

No Tag Soup Please
07-19-2009, 07:25 PM
I defenatly am not intending to hi-jack this thread. I got drawn for grizz in 7-38 which is to the left of Williston Lake. Also would like some info of how to get into that region. If someone would be kind enough to PM me that would be great.
Good luck on your moose and grizz hunt. I'm super excited myself :D

elkdom
07-19-2009, 09:33 PM
hwy 97 north from PG, last Forest service road on left before Windy Point resort and Restaurant which is just a couple of klms south of the Mackenzie junction and Parsnip River, star checking detailed maps, that area is huge the west side and north end of Williston Lake!, hundreds of roads that may take you No where!, if your unfamiliar with area, take LOTS of fuel and sat phones! if you haven't been there?, you will need lots of information,,,, hunting that area without scouting previous to the hunt will be quite daunting ,,,

moosinaround
07-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Do a search for fort ware area, or tsey key dene, or check some of my posts on this area. It will lead you to lots of info about this area. Moosin

demlake
07-19-2009, 10:46 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=35546

Interesting thread about a hunt in 7-39.

Might give you both some info/contact.

The forest service used to distribute recreation maps for the various forest districts, but no longer. Might still be some around. MacKenzie district forest service rec map.

I haven't been up there in quite a few years, but there are roads all over the place.

Good luck.

No Tag Soup Please
07-20-2009, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the info. I can drive around for about 10 hours on a tank. Or 1100km's on the highway. Where is the last place to fill up around there?

Beardy
07-22-2009, 07:32 AM
PM sent No Tag Soup

drakfero
08-09-2009, 06:51 AM
I won LEH for grizzly in the same region too..