PDA

View Full Version : moose hunting around tagish lake

ROEBUCK
07-19-2009, 12:46 PM
wondering if any of you have moose hunted from tagish lake? whats the scenary like? boating conditions?have heard theres some good fishing also ?

olharley guy
07-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Howdy, big lake can get pretty wild. A good friend of mine sank his 21'0 aluminum boat (with an enclosed cabin) in the lake and he an two buddies barely got to shore alive.
The winds can start howling from the south-Alaska channel but if you keep your eyes open for storms and don't get caught in the open water it can be a beautiful lake to cruise on.
Buddy was a little cocky most of the time.
Lake trout up to 20# fairly common and 3-4 # continuously at creek mouths.
Early to mid September should get you a moose or caribou along the shore and there are also some pretty good size hills/mtns. there where you will probably see a few goats and maybe the odd sheep.
It is a fair distance from the B.C. border down to the end of the lake Ben Mcree area but there are also a few swamps fairly close to the lake itself on the way down which should have some moose in the area.
Take lots of fuel!
I haven't been there in about 12 years but I am sure a person would do ok and have a good time. Later

canishunter22-250
07-09-2017, 01:26 PM
Reviving this one from the dead.

I wouldn't mind exploring that country a bit this fall.

Anyone have any info to add?