PDA

View Full Version : Now what?

rollingrock
12-07-2005, 10:20 AM
Now that the big game season is over, what are you guys going to do for the winter? Chasing yotes or something else?;-)

12-07-2005, 11:25 AM
Chase wife.......can be the most dangerous quarry known to a married man on the face of the planet!!:-D :-D Bag limit...one, if you want to stay alive! Its usually a once in a lifetime chase....more then one makes fully guided Sasquatch hunts look cheap! Weapon....depends on quarries mood. Quarry has been know to wait for opportune moments to pounce, capable of learning from past encounters, total recall of hunters past mistakes and able to use them to their advantage....
Have just signed my own death warrant!

Barracuda
12-07-2005, 12:01 PM
the Season has only just begun , you have yotes and bobs ,coons etc for small game and Wolves and Cougar for big game . :) I will be out looking for dat wascilly puddy tat! next week :)

rollingrock
12-07-2005, 12:10 PM
I'd love to see a cougar. But where are they? Never hunted them before.

brotherjack
12-07-2005, 12:12 PM
Now that the big game season is over, what are you guys going to do for the winter? Chasing yotes or something else?;-)

Asside from going for 'yotes and such once in a while, my main plans involve sitting down with my guitar and seeing if I can't write a couple more decent songs. Spending some time with The Wife. Contemplating how I might make a few more bucks so I can pay off the snow tires we just bought. Etc...

J_T
12-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Now that the rifle hunters have moved out of the bush, I'll be heading back in for late season archery. Open until Dec 20th in most areas and until Dec 31st in some.

I'm not ready to start thinking about pastimes just yet.

JT
:-P

PGKris
12-07-2005, 01:07 PM
I'd love to see a cougar. But where are they? Never hunted them before.

Usually in the nearest honkey-tonk bar!:biggrin: :biggrin:

Sniper
12-07-2005, 01:34 PM
Maybe the best of the season is just getting going! Cougars, Wolves, Bobcats! I have a whole predator wall that needs filling in!

huntwriter
12-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Now that the rifle hunters have moved out of the bush, I'll be heading back in for late season archery. Open until Dec 20th in most areas and until Dec 31st in some.

I'm not ready to start thinking about pastimes just yet.

JT
:-P

That is a very good idea JT. A common believe is that after the guns go silent all the big game is gone too. But if you look at the trophy books you will find quickly that some of the biggest trophys have been taken in the late archery season.
For good reason, in most places the rut is over and done with. The weather has turned cold to very cold. All the animals are concerned about now is to eat and sleep to regain the weight they lost during the rut and make it trough the long winter. With that they have become very predictable in their movement patterns. Find a winter food source and stay with it the deer will show up as regular as clock work.

Go get em and good luck to you.:grin:

Ride
12-07-2005, 04:09 PM
Must......chase......predators......

And pull wrenches on the old bush rig so it is ready for the early bear season.

Steeleco
12-07-2005, 04:41 PM
I'm going to get myself a really nice digital camera and hike some of the same areas I hunted and take pictures. Just being out there is enough, I might just learn some "animal secrets" while I'm there.

oldtimer
12-07-2005, 04:50 PM
still a few days of bow season left ( Dec. 10 ) and will practice my target shooting all winter as well as indoor 3D.

Fred
12-07-2005, 05:54 PM
Heck, I am just back from a day of gold panning and exploring. Also gave B/P lessons to a new guy and he loved it. Fred

3kills
12-07-2005, 06:32 PM
schoool school school and more school oh did i mention school lol...i might get out once or twice over xmas break for yotes too hopefully...

Shoey
12-07-2005, 07:05 PM
schoool school school and more school

Ditto :mad:

Gus
12-07-2005, 07:22 PM
schoool school school and more school oh did i

Tell me about it. I'm going to have to try and pick up some slack I created for myself during hunting season. Maybe next semester I'll be able to concentrate a little more on school and less on hunting. On the other hand, I did just buy a new coyote rifle...........

meat hunter
12-07-2005, 08:57 PM
Stealhead fish the island, starting Dec 11!

3kills
12-07-2005, 09:35 PM
at least next semester i get 6 weeks of not being there..i have to do 6 weeks of practicum...but i m sure my instructor will load me up with home work for that time...

Kirby
12-08-2005, 03:56 PM
Well, Season closes on the 10th, I'll thin coyote populations for awhile, then shed hunting. But realistically most my time will be dedicated to University, my GPA suffered this semester with all the time off hunting, so hopefully I can get it back up next semester.

Kirby

rrfred
12-10-2005, 10:26 AM
maybe tip a brew over the pics of hunting season, find a new project and hit the range with my smallbore/take on some more coyotes. the okanagan has an extended coyote season, -a new hunting affair has begun; and oh yes we must enjoy this seasons accumulation of delicious venison. cheers:)

sealevel
12-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Now i will consintate on shooting my bow get back to targets hunting season my shooting goes way down. I mite try to get a yote with my sharp stick.

PH30-06
12-10-2005, 10:42 AM
Probably be in the QCI's in Jan. to take five more deer.

trigger
12-10-2005, 12:39 PM
what is the best way to hunt lynx. we have a ton of rabbits around here and lots of lynx but i dont really know how to hunt them.

Sikanni Stalker
12-11-2005, 10:23 PM
yup, i'll be out shooitng bunnies this winter, counting the days until sping bear opens....some sheds too .....Would love to go on a cat hunt though...we'll see...........

BC4Bowhunter
12-11-2005, 10:32 PM
Try a couple different set ups with my compound bow before 3d season and start practicing with my recurve. Might take it to a couple shoots next year.

rock
12-12-2005, 10:44 PM
Take the camera out and due some shed hunting as well as scouting for the up coming season hopefully see some cougers like last year was a good year for cats. Sit around are camp fire and go over hunting stories while you cook up some meat , can't get any better.