PDA

View Full Version : Need moose advice!

killman
07-17-2009, 11:33 PM
I have never had a moose LEH before! What do I do? Do you shot the first one you see? Do you look for a big one? Do you look for a small one? Do you find one with nice eye's? Is the coat important? What does a moose look like anyways? If anyone knows the where about of one of these moose things could they please let me know. I wouldn't want to blow my fist Leh.:-D

todbartell
07-17-2009, 11:40 PM
first step - use the magnum rifle

silvertipp
07-17-2009, 11:41 PM
look for the one with a real smalll nose heal taste the best

Ambush
07-17-2009, 11:44 PM
You are becoming over anxious already. That's the problem with drawing a tag. Burn it and never put in again.

elkdom
07-17-2009, 11:46 PM
first thing buy a bigger GUN! no matter what you have now, go BIGGER!

next, dont shoot at moose till dusk on the last day of season,

and last, no matter WHAT, at dusk on the last day of season when you spot your moose , never take a shot unless the moose is at least 800 yards away and at a full GALLOP!

that otta help you out a bit! :wink:

sniper58
07-18-2009, 02:55 AM
Make sure that it's standing in or very near to a lake, creek, or swamp, too

ROM
07-18-2009, 03:55 AM
I shoot the first one I see. Only regretted it once. shot an immi and then saw a monster. the immi was very tasty though! 2 trips I only saw 1 and shot it. DO NOT SHOOT IN WATER. Skin and Hang ASAP as they retain heat.

learn how to do a basic call by watching a couple of videos on u tube. Calling can be done without equipment with limited results. BRING A BIG SAW.
GL!
R

hunter1947
07-18-2009, 05:07 AM
If your LEH allowes you to shoot any bull moose if it where me I would take the first bull I saw ,you never know you might not get a second chance :smile:.

Brett
07-18-2009, 07:03 AM
Killman, what MU is your LEH for? I thought I should tell you (because the others didn't, I think there screwing you around a little) If you Leh is for say,, oh,,a,, 7-15, then you need to subtract 4 from that # . That means your hunt is for MU 7-11! Got it! That goes for all Lehs. Good luck Hunting!

HD95
07-18-2009, 07:16 AM
It's all about the table fare to me .Given the choice,I'll tip over a younger bull over an older bull.But you'll have decide for yourself..

sako7mm
07-18-2009, 07:22 AM
Killman, heres what that elusive moose is that you are looking for, note the big eyes that have the intensity to look right through you, the pelt must be soft and downy, especially for doing a full mount!! Antler size is a big consideration, the bigger the antlers the more tender your meat will be!! Be careful though, they can be ferocious and have a tendency to go for the neck....

http://students.washington.edu/johng365/fit100/project1b/rabbit111c.jpg

Good luck, I will be looking for the elusive NIL, there must be a ton of them around since my wife and I both drew 3 of them. I'm looking forward to this hunt as I didn't go for one last year. If only I knew what they looked like:wink:

Brett
07-18-2009, 07:35 AM
Killman, heres what that elusive moose is that you are looking for, note the big eyes that have the intensity to look right through you, the pelt must be soft and downy, especially for doing a full mount!! Antler size is a big consideration, the bigger the antlers the more tender your meat will be!! Be careful though, they can be ferocious and have a tendency to go for the neck....

http://students.washington.edu/johng365/fit100/project1b/rabbit111c.jpg

Good luck, I will be looking for the elusive NIL, there must be a ton of them around since my wife and I both drew 3 of them. I'm looking forward to this hunt as I didn't go for one last year. If only I knew what they looked like:wink: to ad to this, Great info make a call that sounds like "fast as fast can be you'll never chatch me!" if you say it fast it sounds perfect!

ratherbefishin
07-18-2009, 08:29 AM
sight your rifle in at least 2' high-guarantees you a great hunt with no work

squamishmiles
07-18-2009, 08:39 AM
got my first any bull moose leh this year, will be using my 30-06 with 180 grain. first one i see with antlers is going to take a long dirt nap. the fun stops as soon as you pull the trigger, then the work begins.

killman
07-18-2009, 08:50 AM
Thanks for all the tips fellas! :grin:

Bowtime
07-18-2009, 08:57 AM
you don't need a magnum rifle! This is the mistake most moose hunters make. for one, it will wreck more meat. and I would shoot the first moose you see, sounds like you don't hunt them much and you'd most likely be happy with any moose. that is alot of meat even if its only a 2 1/2 year old. good luck on your hunt. where did you draw?

Arctic Lake
07-18-2009, 08:59 AM
Okay Fellas, this is a joke right! Killman if you don't know what a moose looks like you should stay out of the bush.I met a fella once who was hunting and thought deer were baby moose Geeezzzz! I mean there are questions to be asked when hunting a species that you have not hunted before but....... For instance I have never hunted sheep before so I would have some serious questions on the subject.As I stated in my first post I am hoping my doctor will right a letter on my behalf concerning my firearms permit,but a guy's got to be carefull out there.Any thoughts?
Arctic Lake

Benthos
07-18-2009, 09:15 AM
I see you're from Prince George. Be careful while hunting your moose, there are cougars all over this place that will pounce on you when you're not looking.

Try to avoid the 3rd ave area.

silvertipp
07-18-2009, 09:31 AM
are you telling me deer arent baby mooses

elkdom
07-18-2009, 12:19 PM
are you telling me deer arent baby mooses

of coarse they are, it states right in BC Hunting Synopsis ,,,,

" Mooses are largest members of the deer family"

and the Synopsis is the LAW! :neutral:

behemoth
07-18-2009, 12:35 PM
I've got a Bull Moose tag this year and I will definately shoot the first one I see - unless it is an immy

Gateholio
07-18-2009, 12:37 PM
Aim for the ass, and use a magnum.

Squirrelnuts
07-18-2009, 12:45 PM
I have never had a moose LEH before!

...and you probably never will again. :-D

elkdom
07-18-2009, 12:48 PM
if you shoot a Moosey, near water in warm weather?, like a river,swamp or lake will the Moosey meat taste "fishy":neutral:,

I once shot a Moosey near a swamp,with a bow and an arrow, the Moosey after hit in the lungs withan arrow, staggered around for a minute or two and then flopped into the swamp dead, not only was it difficult for me to get the Moosey out of the COLD 6 foot deep swamp he fell into and died, but once I returned home and tried eating some Moosey roasts, all the GRAVY was VERY WATERY!
never agian will I shoot a Moosey near the swamp! :neutral:

born2hunt
07-18-2009, 12:48 PM
I have never had a moose LEH before! What do I do? Do you shot the first one you see? Do you look for a big one? Do you look for a small one? Do you find one with nice eye's? Is the coat important? What does a moose look like anyways? If anyone knows the where about of one of these moose things could they please let me know. I wouldn't want to blow my fist Leh.:-D
Where is your draw so i know to avoid that area?

The Dawg
07-18-2009, 01:09 PM
Wow Shane..I didnt know you were such a fisherman! LMAO :mrgreen:

killman
07-18-2009, 04:03 PM
I really appreciate all the help, you guy's are so smart and helpful. I do have a big gun I think it is a Magnum, It makes lots of noise and hurts like hell anyways. I do pretty good shooting it, sometimes I even hit the sheet of plywood. I have heard moose are big so it should be easy hit.

300H&H
07-18-2009, 04:53 PM
I really appreciate all the help, you guy's are so smart and helpful. I do have a big gun I think it is a Magnum, It makes lots of noise and hurts like hell anyways. I do pretty good shooting it, sometimes I even hit the sheet of plywood. I have heard moose are big so it should be easy hit.

Try hunting the farmers cows first. They don't run to fast.

Cows are American moose !?! Don't laugh to hard, I have a story about it.

M.Dean
07-18-2009, 05:24 PM
If possible, check out the area your going to hunt now and until the draw starts, if your serious about shooting a bull spend as much time in the area as you can looking for your bull. Find out when there feeding the most, where are they in the middle of the day, what lakes or swamps do they party at. Try to find where they feel the safest and when your draw is valid, go there and kill one! It is possible to simply drive to a spot, get out of the truck and shoot a bull, but don't count on it!!! I had the Gimme draw 2 years ago, in my back yard where the year before we quit counting bulls because they were every where! My son and I had the first week of the draw off, for the first 5 days we never even see a cow, tracks or shit, the Gimme bull wasn't any where to be seen!!! My son had to whip back to work on Wed. nite, Thursday morning I went out on the quad, seen lots of bucks and doe's, not a moose sign any where, I had been calling all the way up the Mnt, stopping the bike and trailer and walking into the moose spots and still notta! I said piss on moose at the top lake, turned the bike around and said it's firewood time, I cut a load of wood each time I go out. I'm doing 55 K's down the Mnt thinking about which tree's I going to cut when I glanced beside me and there stood a bull happier than hell, enjoying the morning! A 55K slide on a quad with a trailer, both hands trying to grab the gun, clip in hand and getting a shot off in 3 seconds sounds easy but! 2 shots later with the bull 150 yards off the road in the ugly's mean's shit you ever seen and it's picture time! The moral of the story, never give up, and never, never hunt moose alone!!! Having the draw does not guarantee you a bull, put your time in scouting, find a good hunting partner and it will greatly incress your odd's!!! Good luck!!!!

gamehunter6o
07-18-2009, 05:28 PM
of coarse they are, it states right in BC Hunting Synopsis ,,,,

" Mooses are largest members of the deer family"

and the Synopsis is the LAW! :neutral:

I thought 'Moose' is used for singular and plural. Maybe that's why you never see herds of Mooses.:icon_frow

jwe63
07-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Gotta watch for the bulls without antlers! Everybody thinks moose rake their antlers 'cause they're horny. Not true!! They do it cause they're trying to shake the darn things loose!!!! Once and a while you'll see a moosie standin' in a field without his boney hat, sportin' a BIG smile. He'll be REAL confident, and just turn and smile at ya. You wait. You'll see. Those "cammo bulls" are lighter to drag outa the woods too!!!!:razz:

d6dan
07-19-2009, 02:41 PM
Aim for the ass, and use a magnum.

Theres the answer. No need for a knife!.:smile:

.308win
07-19-2009, 02:56 PM
Looks like you got lots of help in the getting the Moose department!!!.......Now, in the event that you should get one..........Here are some tips on loading it!!:tongue::wink:

A few steps to loading a Moose in a truck!!

- Make plans to shoot a Moose(Easy one to do)

- Go out on COLD frosty Oct. morning......and shoot Moose...preferably on road(sometimes the hard part)

- Make sure you have a quad, with winch. Quad should be parked in the truck with winch in the front area of truck box, if you don't have a quad, borrow one.

- Make sure the throttle and choke are frozen solid(2 glasses of water over the handle bars the night before usually works)

- After shooting Moose try to start frozen quad(usually doesn't work.)

- This step requires that you also have rope and blocks stored in truck....just in case!

- Skid Moose to bank on side of road

- Remove quad ramp from truck, place Moose in a position so that it can be rolled on to the ramp......and into the truck(hunting buddy with strong back and weak mind works best for this)

- Strap Moose onto the tailgate with ropes tie straps or what have you.

- High fives all around....and your off!!

This actually works, this is how we got our Moose home last season!! http://www.rootcellars.com/nlforum/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif Sure did get some weird looks on the drive home!!

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p101/newfieguy1/IMG_3452.jpg

Best of luck!!

Perry

moosinaround
07-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Shoot the first moose with visable bony antlers! If it is a two point then all the better. Two pointers are very tasety! Where is the draw for there Killman, I may be able to point you in a honey hole or two:shock:!!!! Moosin

300H&H
07-19-2009, 03:19 PM

Best of luck!!

Perry

Awsome job Perry

I hope I can fill my truck like that this fall (leh in 3-12a for any bull, Nov1-30)

How may lbs did that beast weigh, on the hook ?

.308win
07-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Awsome job Perry

I hope I can fill my truck like that this fall (leh in 3-12a for any bull, Nov1-30)

How may lbs did that beast weigh, on the hook ?

Dressed 512lbs on the hook! I was surprised he didn't look that big!

Perry

killman
07-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Looks like you got lots of help in the getting the Moose department!!!.......Now, in the event that you should get one..........Here are some tips on loading it!!:tongue::wink:

A few steps to loading a Moose in a truck!!

- Make plans to shoot a Moose(Easy one to do)

- Go out on COLD frosty Oct. morning......and shoot Moose...preferably on road(sometimes the hard part)

- Make sure you have a quad, with winch. Quad should be parked in the truck with winch in the front area of truck box, if you don't have a quad, borrow one.

- Make sure the throttle and choke are frozen solid(2 glasses of water over the handle bars the night before usually works)

- After shooting Moose try to start frozen quad(usually doesn't work.)

- This step requires that you also have rope and blocks stored in truck....just in case!

- Skid Moose to bank on side of road

- Remove quad ramp from truck, place Moose in a position so that it can be rolled on to the ramp......and into the truck(hunting buddy with strong back and weak mind works best for this)

- Strap Moose onto the tailgate with ropes tie straps or what have you.

- High fives all around....and your off!!

This actually works, this is how we got our Moose home last season!! http://www.rootcellars.com/nlforum/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif Sure did get some weird looks on the drive home!!

Best of luck!!

Perry

Sounds easy! Thanks.

Moosin it's a secret, I can't tell you :shock:

Brett
07-19-2009, 06:21 PM
if you shoot a Moosey, near water in warm weather?, like a river,swamp or lake will the Moosey meat taste "fishy":neutral:,

I once shot a Moosey near a swamp,with a bow and an arrow, the Moosey after hit in the lungs withan arrow, staggered around for a minute or two and then flopped into the swamp dead, not only was it difficult for me to get the Moosey out of the COLD 6 foot deep swamp he fell into and died, but once I returned home and tried eating some Moosey roasts, all the GRAVY was VERY WATERY!
never agian will I shoot a Moosey near the swamp! :neutral:
BAHAHAHAHA! I love this thread!

moosinaround
07-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Sounds easy! Thanks.

Moosin it's a secret, I can't tell you :shock:
I'll keep my honey holes to myself then!!:biggrin:

PGK
07-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Shoot the first one you see, cause you will not see another one if you don't. That much I promise you.

BiG Boar
07-20-2009, 01:20 PM
you can borow my 416rem mag if your magnum is not big enough. Always shoot animals with big guns, saves time gutting them and you go home with hamburger.

killman
07-29-2009, 10:29 PM
OK, so in a shared hunt three guy's get two tags. All three need Moose tags. So if some one shoots a open immy, than the other two guy's still can shoot the two any bulls? is this correct?

Ambush
07-29-2009, 10:34 PM
OK, so in a shared hunt three guy's get two tags. All three need Moose tags. So if some one shoots a open immy, than the other two guy's still can shoot the two any bulls? is this correct?

YES, you got it.

killman
07-29-2009, 10:37 PM
YES, you got it.

Thanks!:grin:

Schmaus
07-30-2009, 02:48 PM
Haha this thread is my favorite right now :D

MOWITCH SLAYER
07-31-2009, 05:43 AM
Haha this thread is my favorite right now :D
Mine too! Have to wonder how some of these guys passed their core never mind firearms

squamishmiles
07-31-2009, 06:35 AM
just got my paper work for a Group hunt for me and a buddy, when we were going over regs we decided to go for a group hunt instead of a shared hunt because we could each get a tag instead of just one for us . But reading the the paper work it says we can only harvest one for our group. WTF is with that.

Squirrelnuts
07-31-2009, 06:39 AM
From page 4 of the LEH Synopsis:

If a group is drawn, a group of two will be allowed to take one Moose
only, and a group of three or four will be allowed to take two Moose only.

silvicon
07-31-2009, 07:07 AM
i say:
killman is a agent provocateur!

dumm, dummer, dummest!

killman
09-22-2009, 10:11 PM
OK with only a few day's before the big hunt I am having a dilemma. Which gun to use?

.338 wm 180 grn accubonds or
.260 rem 120 Barnes ttsx

I pretty much can hit a 4X8 sheet of plywood at 200 yards with both. I know that one is a Magnum which is needed to kill anything in BC, but the other shoots Barnes TTSX bullets just like the master himself. What to do?
Also if anyone has seen moose in my area could you shoot me a pm as to where they were located. Thanks.

The Dawg
09-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Shane,

First of all, a sheet of plywood at 200yards ? How did you get your grouping so tight? Last time I heard, you were lucky to get a sheet at 50 yards....hell, that laser eye surgery worked well I suppose.

Secondly, moose are notoriously tricky and have been known to fake injury from a smaller bullet, so DEFINATELY go big...bigger the better- see if you can borrow anything else- I dont think the 338 would be quite enough gun.

When in doubt though, launch as much ammo towards it as possible- have a spare clip ready to go.

There was a few moose hanging around Foothills and Nechako last night...go after dark- that way you dont have to worry about disrupting traffic with your calling.

Good luck, and gimme a call if you need help loading it in a hurry :)

PGK
09-22-2009, 10:22 PM
You are too small for the 338wm. Only use this gun if you wish to harness the recoil of the gun to catapult yourself backwards at the moose, judy chopping him in the neck as you whizz by

elkdom
09-22-2009, 10:28 PM
OK with only a few day's before the big hunt I am having a dilemma. Which gun to use?

.260 rem 120 Barnes ttsx

I pretty much can hit a 4X8 sheet of plywood at 200 yards with both. I know that one is a Magnum which is needed to kill anything in BC, but the other shoots Barnes TTSX bullets just like the master himself. What to do?
Also if anyone has seen moose in my area could you shoot me a pm as to where they were located. Thanks.

this may be too late? but? I got a look at big Bull Moose last nite , 100 yards away,just before dark, he was gruntin and carrying on, makin lots of noise, stinkee old bugger had 12 points on one side, 13 points on the other, now here is the problem;-) first off there are no more bull moose left out there!;-) second problem I already cut my bull moose tag 3 weeks ago:-( help me out here! should I have waited longer before cutting my moose tag??:???: do you think if i'd phone old'gordo greedo and promise to make a contribution to the next liberal election campaign????;) maybe just this one time only gordo greedo would make an exception and sell me a second moose tag?? is it possible?? would he??:lol:

c'mon killman, help me out:-( i will share the moose hide with yah!:-)

Gunner
Use the .260 Shane,you'll have to shoot him through the ear hole tho'!

killman
Shane,

First of all, a sheet of plywood at 200yards ? How did you get your grouping so tight? Last time I heard, you were lucky to get a sheet at 50 yards....hell, that laser eye surgery worked well I suppose.

Secondly, moose are notoriously tricky and have been known to fake injury from a smaller bullet, so DEFINATELY go big...bigger the better- see if you can borrow anything else- I dont think the 338 would be quite enough gun.

When in doubt though, launch as much ammo towards it as possible- have a spare clip ready to go.

There was a few moose hanging around Foothills and Nechako last night...go after dark- that way you dont have to worry about disrupting traffic with your calling.

Good luck, and gimme a call if you need help loading it in a hurry :)

Hey thanks for the tip! But that is not my MU and my light is broken.

The Dawg
09-22-2009, 10:30 PM
Hey thanks for the tip! But that is not my MU and my light is broken.

No worries- it was a 3x3, but the points were small- bring a file....and as for lights, got that covered too...the houses lit it up nicely :)

killman
09-22-2009, 10:31 PM
You are too small for the 338wm. Only use this gun if you wish to harness the recoil of the gun to catapult yourself backwards at the moose, judy chopping him in the neck as you whizz by

Yes I have seen your video where you demonstrate the Judy chop. I think I may use this for back-up.

killman
09-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Use the .260 Shane,you'll have to shoot him through the ear hole tho'!

Your back! How was the trip? How big is the ear hole? 4X6?:lol:

killman
09-22-2009, 10:35 PM
this may be too late? but? I got a look at big Bull Moose last nite , 100 yards away,just before dark, he was gruntin and carrying on, makin lots of noise, stinkee old bugger had 12 points on one side, 13 points on the other, now here is the problem;-) first off there are no more bull moose left out there!;-) second problem I already cut my bull moose tag 3 weeks ago:-( help me out here! should I have waited longer before cutting my moose tag??:???: do you think if i'd phone old'gordo greedo and promise to make a contribution to the next liberal election campaign????;) maybe just this one time only gordo greedo would make an exception and sell me a second moose tag?? is it possible?? would he??:lol:

c'mon killman, help me out:-( i will share the moose hide with yah!:-)

I think Gordo would sell ya another tag, for a case of beer!

elkdom
09-22-2009, 10:39 PM
I think Gordo would sell ya another tag, for a case of beer!
you wouldnt happen to have his cell #??(gordo-greedo) would you??:cry:

landphil
09-22-2009, 10:39 PM
It makes lots of noise and hurts like hell anyways.

Try tuning it around - it may hurt less to have the safe end pointed toward you.:lol:

.260 rem 120 Barnes ttsx

Take both - just attach the two together Red Green style and pull both triggers as many times as you can. This works for grouse too. ;-) And carry lots of spare bullets (no, I mean bullets, not shells) - Oh and no need for the PM, the moose is behind you. Turn back around, it's still behind you! Repeat until dizzy.:lol:

09-22-2009, 10:57 PM
I see that you need some help. The first thing you must do is to go on a snipe hunt. Unless you do that first you will be outclassed by the moose.

You will need a gunny sack, a whistle and lots of coffee to help you stay up at night. You can, instead of using a whistle, make a particular clucking sound to attract snipe too. But it takes lots of practice.

I've also heard, although it is unconfirmed, that there is a small population of Dahu that now make their home in the mountains just north of Pemberton. The hunting of the Dahu is quite complicated because it has legs of differing length; this helps it traverse the treacherous slopes. However, if you can sneak up being it and call it,it may quickly turn around and lose it's balance (the short legs, usually the right side, are always to be uphill).

Edit - don't mistake the Dahu for the Sidehill Gouger, also known as the Prock Gwinter. It also has the characteristic shorter leg on one side, but it is related more closely to the Wild Haggis. To my knowledge these creatures do not have a huntable population in BC.

killman
09-22-2009, 11:02 PM
I see that you need some help. The first thing you must do is to go on a snipe hunt. Unless you do that first you will be outclassed by the moose.

You will need a gunny sack, a whistle and lots of coffee to help you stay up at night. You can, instead of using a whistle, make a particular clucking sound to attract snipe too. But it takes lots of practice.

I've also heard, although it is unconfirmed, that there is a small population of Dahu that now make their home in the mountains just north of Pemberton. The hunting of the Dahu is quite complicated because it has legs of differing length; this helps it traverse the treacherous slopes. However, if you can sneak up being it and call it,it may quickly turn around and lose it's balance (the short legs, usually the right side, are always to be uphill).

Ok I think you guy's are starting to make fun at me. I think my feeling may get hurt. Thanks for the flood of pm's with the locations of the moose. I have varified them all with google earth and they are all still there so it should be a good one.

bsa30-06
09-22-2009, 11:07 PM
you can borow my 416rem mag if your magnum is not big enough. Always shoot animals with big guns, saves time gutting them and you go home with hamburger.

That sounds good, no need to get the knife dirty and pre-made hamburger:lol:

09-22-2009, 11:10 PM
It's no joke my friend. I didn't even want to tell you about the Wolpertinger because it is such a fierce little animal. Here is a picture, but only look at if you are brave. Remember to sprinkle some salt and pepper into your sleeping bag, otherwise you might have a visitor while you sleep.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/03/Wolpertinger-praeparat.jpg/398px-Wolpertinger-praeparat.jpg

killman
09-22-2009, 11:12 PM
Almost forgot! I received my secret weapon today. Just like this but the female version, should get them in close.

http://www.charactercostumes.com/moose%20character%20costume.jpg

landphil
09-22-2009, 11:14 PM
I think my feeling may get hurt.

The best thing to do when a feeling appears is to stamp it out before it reproduces - so we're all just trying to help:lol: - there are a few pictures of mooses on here now so at least you can get a better close up than from google earth - maybe print one and carry it so you can compare a suspected moose to it:lol: - Oh, and good luck, please post pics when sucessful

landphil
09-22-2009, 11:16 PM
Almost forgot! I received my secret weapon today. Just like this but the female version, should get them in close.

http://www.charactercostumes.com/moose%20character%20costume.jpg

CUTTING THE ANTLERS OFF A BULL DOES NOT MAKE IT A COW!!!

sawmill
09-23-2009, 03:38 AM
If you wear the suit make sure you have some Barrry White music playing in the back ground.And a bottle of wine,big bulls can`t resist the combo.

sawmill
09-23-2009, 03:44 AM
P.S. I know a guy who used that method sucsessfully for years,unfortunatly he has given up hunting now,I reckon it`s cause of his eye sight,he has`nt blinked in 10 years.And I`ve never seen him sit down either,just stands there and mumbles and stares.Wierd.

killman
09-25-2009, 10:54 PM
Well this is it folks I'm off tomorrow morning for my moose hunt. Thanks to everyone that helped with the questions I had. Will be out for a week so anyone is welome to stop in for a beverage if they would like:-D. Still haven't decide on which rifle to use:confused:. I guess it doesn't really matter both should do the job.

Later.