PDA

View Full Version : Arrow lake help

chris
07-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Well the wife and I didnt get our moose or elk draws this year so we were thinking of heading out to arrow lake for a week to try for whitetail. We will be going in the end of september as her school wont allow for time off later in the season, otherwise we would have hit region 5 in october/november. I have family who have a cabin about 2 minutes north and west from the needles ferry and we are hoping to use this as our base camp. I have never hunted whitetail before but I have seen tons in the area during summer. We are heading out on a week long trip out there next week to do some scouting but we would really appreciate a good starting point. So I was thinking of looking around up past watshan lake would this be a good area to focus on? Does it get lots of pressure? I have heard good things about sherryville but also heard it gets tons of pressure. As long as we are within an hour or 2 of the needles ferry I dont mind driving. Is hiking and sitting the key? Any info is welcome as I dont know the first thing about whiteys.
Thanks
chris

bowhunterbruce
07-17-2009, 02:41 PM
pm comming