PDA

View Full Version : LEH Help Needed

f350ps
07-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Let me be the first to get it started. I got a flat top draw near Clinton, can anybody tell me if there's any does in that area. What road should I go down and will I need a 4X4 to get one? Is there a place to get fuel around Clinton and should I take my chains in October. I don't want yer honey holes just some GPS coordinates will do. Thanks K :p

Huey
07-16-2009, 07:27 PM
lmao!! :-P

BlacktailStalker
07-16-2009, 07:33 PM
All the ungulates have been pitlamped there.
Save your fuel and pick up a road kill half way there and come home.

Paulyman
07-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Let me be the first to get it started. I got a flat top draw near Clinton, can anybody tell me if there's any does in that area. What road should I go down and will I need a 4X4 to get one? Is there a place to get fuel around Clinton and should I take my chains in October. I don't want yer honey holes just some GPS coordinates will do. Thanks K :p

If your not kidding, i know a sweet spot with huge does that eat alphalpha all day long,got one two years ago...yummy!

hillclimber
07-16-2009, 08:42 PM
theres 2 or 3 gas stations in clinton. i am assuming your tag is for 3-30. if it is head up hwy 97 just past clinton and turn right onto mound rd and follow it for a bit. you will go thru a farmers property and some farm property. then you will come to a Y. you CAN NOT shoot before you come to the Y because its all private property. if you go straight at the Y go to clinton moutnain and if you go left you go to loon lake and that area. if you go to clinton moutnain area there is basically one main road and you go over and around the mountain you will eventually come out at a rest stop before clinton. if you want to go to loon lake you can also go in by loon lake road and just before you get to the lake there will be a road on you left which will eventually take you to where i was describing above. if you want more info PM me i know this area like the back of my hand and i suggest you pick yourself up a backroads map book adn then what i just said might make more sense.

fowl language
07-16-2009, 09:10 PM
just like fishin huh,. kelly

lip_ripper00
07-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Oh ya yer gonna need chains for that time of year, and a snow machine. Drive in as far as you can unload said snow machine go untill you get stuck then break out the snow shoes:p. Good luck!!!

Deadshot
07-16-2009, 10:10 PM
What zone did you get?

sawmill
07-17-2009, 06:23 AM
And again .............You had all winter to research the area you want to hunt,why would you apply for a draw when you don`t even know if there are does there?Or roads......Or gas stations.......or snow?I don`t mean to be a prick, but Jeez.

pikey
07-17-2009, 07:02 AM
I think he is being sarcastic Sawmill.

Now that we have that cleared up I have a Whitetail doe draw for 8-12 and I know nothing about the area....any ideas???:biggrin:

longhairmtnman
07-17-2009, 09:30 AM
First thing yer gonna want to do is park that f350. Useless in the arctic circle that is Clinton. Sled dogs are the way to go. Doe's do exist but are few and far between. BIG Horny bucks are everywhere though. North of Clinton there's a big tree on the right. Steer your dogs left here and climb the downhill south. Watch for the Grizz that sleeps under the log, and proceed backwards to the next range. There won't be any does, but you'll find a empty case of beer in a tree. Wait here until sunup. Cough loudly three times and an old trapper will appear. Take him to town and buy him breakfast and he'll tell you where the deer are. :biggrin:

07-17-2009, 09:33 AM
First thing yer gonna want to do is park that f350. Useless in the arctic circle that is Clinton. Sled dogs are the way to go. Doe's do exist but are few and far between. BIG Horny bucks are everywhere though. North of Clinton there's a big tree on the right. Steer your dogs left here and climb the downhill south. Watch for the Grizz that sleeps under the log, and proceed backwards to the next range. There won't be any does, but you'll find a empty case of beer in a tree. Wait here until sunup. Cough loudly three times and an old trapper will appear. Take him to town and buy him breakfast and he'll tell you where the deer are. :biggrin:

you've done that too?

f350ps
07-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Come on Sawmill, work with me! :biggrin: K

elkdom
07-17-2009, 10:41 AM
there was a couple of "road kill flat top mulies" between 70 Mile and Clinton last week on Hwy97, if you hurry,there should still be some stains on the pavement!:shock:

LYKTOHUNT
07-17-2009, 11:39 AM
And again .............You had all winter to research the area you want to hunt,why would you apply for a draw when you don`t even know if there are does there?Or roads......Or gas stations.......or snow?I don`t mean to be a prick, but Jeez.

You are doing a good job. I think he,s pullin the doe hair over your ( our ) eyes

sawmill
07-17-2009, 04:14 PM

Now that we have that cleared up I have a Whitetail doe draw for 8-12 and I know nothing about the area....any ideas???:biggrin:

Sorry:oops: I got too much sun the day before,lost some more brain cells.:icon_frow

goatdancer
07-17-2009, 06:52 PM

Lots of ideas, don't know if they're going to help you........

f350ps
07-17-2009, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the help guys, I think I'm taking the jetboat and floating the Clinton River. Anybody know what the water levels would be like towards the end of Oct. and weather there are any dangers I should know about, other than Sawmill. Thanks K

reach
07-17-2009, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the help guys, I think I'm taking the jetboat and floating the Clinton River. Anybody know what the water levels would be like towards the end of Oct. and weather there are any dangers I should know about, other than Sawmill. Thanks K
I hear the Clinton River is known as the Valley of the Samsquantches. :eek: Beware.

f350ps
07-17-2009, 10:54 PM
Do they taste any good cuz the freezer is empty and I'm gettin hungry.Are they GOS or do ya need a draw? Probably need one of them short mags to hunt them eh? Thanks K