PDA

View Full Version : Dreams and good intentions

THE SWEDE
07-16-2009, 05:53 PM
We all have wild and crazy dreams about what the Mystical but tardy L.E.H Gods will bestow upon us.But how many of you will actually use your L.E.H.Or will it sit in you wallet or Glovebook with inurance papers from 5 years ago?

rocksteady
07-16-2009, 05:56 PM
I will be going down next week to purchase all of my tags...Full Monty..hold nothing back....Hurts like hell when they ring in the total for:

1 blackie tag (just in case)
1 Muley (just in case 2)
2 Whiteys
1 Elk
1 Moose
and a Goat.....:eek:

May have to talk to my banker first....:?:

Will see how many of them have notches taken out by x-mas...

frenchbar
07-16-2009, 05:59 PM
Give er till it hurts ,thats all one can do is give it their best shot successfull or not.

wolverine
07-16-2009, 10:32 PM
To apply for it knowing that you won't use it is selfish. Shit happens and sometimes the best laid plans of mice and men run afoul of something and you may have to sit one out. That's understandable, but to apply for it knowing that you probably can't get the time off or don't have the finances to use it is just wrong.

lip_ripper00
07-16-2009, 10:53 PM
To apply for it knowing that you won't use it is selfish. Shit happens and sometimes the best laid plans of mice and men run afoul of something and you may have to sit one out. That's understandable, but to apply for it knowing that you probably can't get the time off or don't have the finances to use it is just wrong.

yes I understand what your saying but how much will be blamed on the late LEH?

07-17-2009, 07:03 AM
In times gone by l have blown off draws for frivolous reasons, but the last dozen years or more, l won't apply unless l have full intentions of trying to fill the tag.
Late LEH results don't affect me much (other then piss me off!), as l have a fairly flexible time table....

THE SWEDE
07-17-2009, 07:07 AM

Agreed,I know of someone that put in for Spatzizi sheep and caribou and aint going becasue they didnt take the access into account.What a waste

Greenhead
07-17-2009, 03:40 PM
Pre 64, are you saying they GOT the draw? and aren't using it, or they wouldn't had they been drawn?

sawmill
07-17-2009, 04:09 PM
I ALWAYS use my draw.And I only go for draws that are in my area.That`s why I don`t apply for Spatsisi sheep or Pink Mountain buffalo cause I know I probably won`t make it up there and I`lll be screwwing up some one who would.

riflebuilder
07-17-2009, 04:09 PM
I am buying all my tags before my wife gets home from her mothers....heehee what she don't see wont kill her

sawmill
07-17-2009, 08:14 PM
I am buying all my tags before my wife gets home from her mothers....heehee what she don't see wont kill her

May kill you .They have a way of making you talk.:mrgreen:

ElkMasterC
07-17-2009, 08:23 PM
I like the extra tags.
If you fold them up like matchbooks, they're great for leveling tables on patios while I get wasted.
The waitresses really appreciate that.

THE SWEDE
07-18-2009, 07:47 AM
Pre 64, are you saying they GOT the draw? and aren't using it, or they wouldn't had they been drawn?

Got the draw and aint using it

TheDuckinator
07-18-2009, 10:17 AM
Got my first doe draw last year and went once and filled it :)

Bowtime
07-18-2009, 10:36 AM
I never eat a tag. I will go out till I fill it.

pmj
07-18-2009, 11:10 AM
Good comments here. I will only put in for tags I will use. I do not want to waste a tag some one may have been putting in for years. I want to put in for buffalo, elk, sheep and griz. I will not put in until all my ducks are in a row $, equipment and knowledge of the animal and the area. I hope it won't be too late for my knees.
I do not want to see threads like: "I got a Mt. Assiniboine Park sheep LEH. It will be my first sheep hunt. Any advice on where to go in the area? How are the quad trails there?":eek: :eek: :eek:

THE SWEDE
07-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Good comments here. I will only put in for tags I will use. I do not want to waste a tag some one may have been putting in for years. I want to put in for buffalo, elk, sheep and griz. I will not put in until all my ducks are in a row $, equipment and knowledge of the animal and the area. I hope it won't be too late for my knees.
I do not want to see threads like: "I got a Mt. Assiniboine Park sheep LEH. It will be my first sheep hunt. Any advice on where to go in the area? How are the quad trails there?":eek: :eek: :eek:

This is what I was hintin at.This is why I think a better system needs to be impossed.