PDA

View Full Version : Help Me !!!! Kamloops fishing

000buck
07-13-2009, 07:40 PM
am thinking of trying tunkwa leighton with my 12 y/o who loves to fish and lives in kamloops. I don't think his outdoorsness is being properly nurtured at home and want to know if any locals can point me in the right direction as to when where and what to fish in that neibourhood. I'm taking him back up to his mom's house in aberdeen from my house in duncan on the 30th of july and want to fish with him on saturday. any ideas or help appreciated ..

mike

amerikazmoswanted23
07-13-2009, 08:01 PM
take him to walloper lake it's just of the highway and has lots of fish and is fishable from shore.

000buck
07-13-2009, 08:36 PM
No way, My son has been there it sucks appearantly ;), just little baby fish. We fly fish from pontoon boats so we are looking for bigger fish and perhaps a little more of a challenge.

amerikazmoswanted23
07-13-2009, 09:33 PM
tunkwa and leighton would be could for you then. i prefer leighton over tunkwa. the best part of the lake on leighton is by the cliffs where the creek runs in. there are signs saying that you have to be a shertant deistance away from the creek. Everytime i go there thats the spot i fish and they are aways riseing or juming in that area.

horse280
07-13-2009, 10:11 PM
Get to roche lake prov. park lots of 2 -5 lb fish,little finicky,but abundant,roche lk west forestry campsite is great,and around 8 other high quality lakes right in the area 30 mins from merritt on the old quilchena hwy and well marked,and a lodge too for cigs,beer and ice,tackle....good fishin--The Horse

jml11
07-14-2009, 08:28 AM
I used to slay the fish in leighton trolling a black leech or damselfly nymph pattern! Never caught a monster, lots of 2-3 lb fish but friends did hook a few 5lbrs. Chironomids fish very well at times as well. I always did best in front of the provincial park. Never had much luck in Tunkwa but it was always ten times busier than leighton so I never fished it much.

Stone Sheep Steve
07-14-2009, 09:11 AM
You'll most likely be hitting the peak of the "Doldrums of Summer" at the end of July.
Not the best time to hit the trout lakes....but if it's all you've got use some big ticket items like leetches and dragon nymph patterns. Early morning and late evening along the edge of the shoals would be the best spots.

SSS

Ubertuber
07-14-2009, 12:03 PM
You'll most likely be hitting the peak of the "Doldrums of Summer" at the end of July.
SSSI usually try for a high altitude lake during that time of year to avoid the "Doldrums of Summer", but I don't know any in the area 000buck is wanting to go.

doubled
07-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Roche is high on my list as well but I have fished Leighton and Tunkwa alot. Bloodworms are good after a windy day on Leighton.

BCKID
07-15-2009, 01:02 PM
http://www.tunkwalakeresort.com/fishingreport.php

moosehunter16
07-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Pinitan Lake great Fishing there caught a 4lber there last summer. i would highly recommend it.
Cheers, CD

000buck
07-15-2009, 05:50 PM
thanks for the w/a thats some good info on there

Caveman
07-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Tunkwa, out from the mouth of the creek across the north point of the island out to the point across the bay. Aways productive!!