PDA

View Full Version : Dog walk

dutchie
07-13-2009, 06:58 PM
Hey Everyone, I want to see if we can get a bunch of people together for a dog walk, run, play. There are lots of new dog owners that need to get thier dogs socialized and it gives us all a chance to meet each other and meet the mosters behind the human.

I am not sure of when, or were but I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in it?!

Dutchie

Jimbo
07-13-2009, 09:43 PM
We're ready for that. Just need a time and place.

LOC
07-14-2009, 07:39 AM
depending on time /place we'd be in.

dutchie
07-14-2009, 10:54 AM
Suggestions? dates I have no clue, week day or weekend? I think more people can come on a weekend.

I think that stokes pit is a good area, my pup loves swimming there, there is lots of open area and in the back there is a HUGE wide open area.

Dutchie

Steeleco
07-14-2009, 11:04 AM
Like the others, it would depend on where and when, but my "pup" could definitely use some social skill tune ups.

There is a largish dog run area at Tynehead park on 96th.

bc sportsman
07-14-2009, 11:22 AM
I'm interested. Anywhere in Lower Mainland is fine for me.

FYI...Buntzen Lake has a dog beach...dogs very welcome there as well.

Iron Glove
07-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Probably a bit far for some but the Lynn River in North Vancouver is great.
You can start near Main Street and keep going up the river for kms.
Much of it is fenced so the dogs are reasonably "contained" and the trail follows the river so there is always a nice cool place to dip.
Its a multi use area with lots of dogs, bikes, joggers and the odd horse to get your mutt used to different things.
They even have poo bag dispensers. :smile:

dutchie
07-16-2009, 11:52 AM
I will leave it to a popular Vote for Stokes Pit or Buntzen Lake, I am thinking maybe the July 26th if that works.

Dutchie