PDA

View Full Version : Stone's sheep

358mag
07-11-2009, 11:08 PM
So is any hard core hunting < not gut pile hunters> out there in e-mail land heading up north hunting the Stone's sheep or we leaving it all for the GO's ???
Come 29 July the floatplane is booked + were locked + loaded for 14 day back packed hunt, keep you posted on the outcome lets hear from you all
Cheer's the
Old Silvertip

silvertipp
07-11-2009, 11:18 PM
hope you have a great trip
keep a good eye out for a good water hole if its hot good luck

358mag
07-11-2009, 11:21 PM
hope you have a great trip
keep a good eye out for a good water hole if its hot good luck
Been there done that can hardly late to do it again so "GG" were are you ??????

silvertipp
07-11-2009, 11:38 PM
what area are you heading into

Stone Sheep Steve
07-12-2009, 06:16 AM
Would love to have a flight booked by now but still waiting for Victoria to get moving.:? Might have to use the boots at this rate.

358 Mag...dragging the boy around the mtns again this year??

SSS

butcher
07-12-2009, 08:06 AM
Not leaving until August 13. Hopefully we'll know by then whether it's the Tat or somewhere else.

Stone Sheep Steve
07-12-2009, 08:29 AM
Not leaving until August 13. Hopefully we'll know by then whether it's the Tat or somewhere else.

Got your own transportation arranged again this yr??

SSS

bridger
07-12-2009, 09:07 AM
sad day for me for the first time in over 40 yrs won't be going sheep hunting. have to have a knee replaced. will go twice next to make up for it.

srupp
07-12-2009, 09:47 AM
sorry to hear that Bridger..I also need a knee replacement..and the other leg aint so hot either..however its only going to get worse..its far worse than last year..however I am going to give it one last Kick @ the stone sheep..:eek:

Will be headed in last couple days of July..to hopefully be in the hills for August 1 opening..no promises but I will give it all I have everything will be left in the mountains as far as effort goes..its all up to the knee..having now lost 35 pounds so far I hope that will help..:redface:

I have all my gear packed ...sheep tag purchased...new siltarp..custom 140 grain Hornady BTSP and rifle sighted in..tent, down bag and gear is the best I could find..and the lightest..optics are Swarovski HD 20-60 spotting scope andSwarovski 8.5 x 42 EL binos...

I have seen a "fair" amount of stones over the past 16 years.. some hgave been rams and a few even might have been shooters..just no ram on the ground..but its not for lack of trying..this year I have a different tactic..and a most exellent hunting partner..so I now go salmon fishing in Terrace and then stone sheep hunting and that will eat up all of my month of holidays I have booked off..

No excuses..if I dont get it done ..I will only have myself to blame

its "suck it up princess time"...

Good luck to all the rest...and straight shooting

And too ALL those who have helped with gear suggestions I thank you gentlemen..bcrams, deaddog,SSS,brent,carl,butcher...I APPRECIATE all your kindnesses.

cheers

Steven

butcher
07-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Got your own transportation arranged again this yr??

SSS

Not if we get the tat draws, "our" plane is a little too small. But the Stone's hunt we have planned will require the use of a light aircraft.

Bowtime
07-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Plan on going up in August. pending on what draws I get maybe again in late september. Hope the winter went well for them.

kennyj
07-12-2009, 09:18 PM
I'll be heading out in mid Sept.for my stone sheep backpack hunt off the highway.Good luck to all who are heading out early.I'm looking forward to photos and storys.Leave one Ram for me please.
kenny

GoatGuy
07-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Been there done that can hardly late to do it again so "GG" were are you ??????

not heading up until sept

boxhitch
07-13-2009, 12:38 AM
Been there done that can hardly late to do it again so "GG" were are you ??????No water on Sunburnt Ridge ?

hunter1947
07-13-2009, 06:06 AM
So is any hard core hunting < not gut pile hunters> out there in e-mail land heading up north hunting the Stone's sheep or we leaving it all for the GO's ???
Come 29 July the floatplane is booked + were locked + loaded for 14 day back packed hunt, keep you posted on the outcome lets hear from you all
Cheer's the
Old Silvertip

Good luck with your stone sheep trip 358mag ,hope you two connect on your hunt for sheep ,hopefully you will have some pic to post on the board when you get back from your trip http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.

358mag
07-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Would love to have a flight booked by now but still waiting for Victoria to get moving.:? Might have to use the boots at this rate.

358 Mag...dragging the boy around the mtns again this year??

SSS
only if i can get his lazy union ass up there !!!

358mag
07-13-2009, 08:14 PM
No water on Sunburnt Ridge ?
No remember I told you the water was 600 yards North-North East towards Skook's old camp do I have to draw you a map again ????
Maybe we will camp out on Peach's + Cream ridge

rifleman
07-13-2009, 08:18 PM
yep heading north in sept. back packing for sheep is the best. not sure where yet, but lehs will determine that. good luck to all . can't wait to see pics & read the stories.

mfarrally
07-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Cheer's the
Old Silvertip

Have a great hunt! we are flying out the same day for a 14 day packpack hunt.