PDA

View Full Version : This has to be a Joke

Byson
12-05-2005, 11:08 AM
I came across this pic I don't know what to make of this
http://www.boners.com/content/794736.1.jpg

mark
12-05-2005, 11:15 AM
looks like the girls had a great day hunting.

ringo
12-05-2005, 11:15 AM
Try this one, http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b223/shoff14/elkoncar.jpg

BlacktailStalker
12-05-2005, 11:48 AM
I had a jeep years ago before my truck and I had to drape em over my spare tire to get em home. Amazed at the honks and thumbs up from other guys on the highway though!

mark
12-05-2005, 11:53 AM
i used to put my kills up on the sled deck and do a victory cruise in 100 mile got lots of thumbs up, if you do that in the city i seem to get another finger.

Thunderstix
12-05-2005, 12:14 PM
Doesn't seem funny to me. Looks perfectly normal considering I once drove through town with a whole black bear on the roof of station wagon.

ruger#1
12-05-2005, 01:06 PM
my father had a Toyota corolla, the bear wouldn't fit in the trunk so it was put on the roof. he also put deer on the roof of his old Pontiac. i like the elk one. he might be over his gvw. the deer in the trunk might get a little heated up. my father was up in vanderhoof one year, they had a 69 cuda, shot a bunch of rabbits, put them in the trunk, the next day they went bad, and this was in November.

PGKris
12-05-2005, 02:06 PM

That would be me next season in the dodge colt!! Bring it on baby! Here's to hunting on a college budget!!

Thunderstix
12-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Umm..., how about some sausage, jerky, burger.....:grin:

BCHunter
12-05-2005, 05:54 PM
thats what you do when you have no truck....lol

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/40hbcX2_Bucks_027.jpg

Seabass
12-05-2005, 05:56 PM
I wish I took a picture of the black bear I shot and cramed into the trunk my brother 92 caviler. Boy was he pissed!!!:) Would have made a fine photo though!!:)

huntwriter
12-05-2005, 06:17 PM
Love all them pictures, pisses the politically correct off.

Islandeer
12-05-2005, 06:23 PM
Alls I see is i very fine muley... perfect.

Schmaus
12-05-2005, 08:41 PM
All of you guys are my hero's. I got sent the elk on the car pic on e-mail about 2 weeks ago and its been my screen saver ever since. The closest thing I have done but I have no pics is this....

I have a 89 nissan sentra that I use to drive to my bus stop for work (I work out of town and our work bus picks me up every day). One day I decided I wanted to move my trike over to my parents house so I just popped the sunroof out of the car and low and behold the front tire of the trike just sat in there perfect a couple of tie straps and she was good to go.

Schmaus

huntwriter
12-05-2005, 09:14 PM
Funny Schmaus reminds me of something I saw when I lived in Illinois- Where is the camera when you need one?- There was that guy driving a car on 72 highway which is leading right into downtown Chicago, seven lanes and a toll boot ever four miles. Anyway I am driving right behind this car which was one of these small two seat cabrioletes. Next to the driver in the open cabriolet with the roof let down sat a absolute monster buck (10 pointer) in the passenger seat. That's right the buck sat there with his front feet tied to either side and with the safety belt buckelt up he looked like he reclined.

Needless to say there was a lot heads poping all over and the od close call of a crash as car drivers keept looking at the car with the buck. As we came to the first toll boot the lady promptly charched him for two car coccupants which followed a lengtly debate and a lot of honking of car horns. Finally I saw the $ sign on the desplay board change to one occupant.

Sometimes I still wonder or this guy ever made it home to downtown Chicago without being stopped by the police. The agony of a hunter living in a big city with a small car. I just hope the guy didn't live on the top floor of a skyscraper.:smile:

bensonvalley
12-05-2005, 11:59 PM
Great pics. I once saw something similar to this a few years ago back East. A few fellas had a moose tag, which meant any moose within that 3 day season. They were successful on the first evening and shot a calf, gutted it and then had to get it to the nearest registration station. Their only problem was they were driving a Ford Bronco II (not a big SUV) so they folded the back seats down and stuffed the calf in and went back to their cabin. Since it was dusk and they were way out in the back woods, they figured they'd wait until the next morning before venturing out to register it. Dumb move. I was getting some fuel at the gas station which also served as a tempory registration station when these jokers pulled in. The look on their faces when they tried to yank that folded up, cold, dead, stiff as a board, moose out of their SUV was absolutely priceless.

lip_ripper00
12-06-2005, 01:41 AM
A bull moose WILL fit in the back of a new rented Echo:razz:

fozzy
12-06-2005, 03:39 AM
That's a real nice Buck! There is a fellow that hunts in Christian Valley wit a white K car, I think he camps in it as well. Gota do what ya gota do :)

thats what you do when you have no truck....lol

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/40hbcX2_Bucks_027.jpg

Ltbullken
12-06-2005, 06:29 AM
This is certainly amusing and just shows how committed hunters can be. I wonder though that once you've driven down dusty gravel roads or have driven through road grime and oil slick, what one actually arrives with at home? Looks like a darned good way to spoil up the meat. With the lack of blood also, I wonder if the animal had been field dressed. Like I said, how much spoilage? :neutral:

Maybe quarter the animal or even bone it out, wrap it in heavy plastic and lay it in teh trunk and back seat for the trip home. That would go a long way to save the meat on an otherwise outstanding and healthy animal.

I hope it is a joke.

Dirty
12-06-2005, 09:20 AM
I was wondering if any laws are being broken if an animal is strapped to the hood, roof, trunk etc of your car or what have you in plain view of the public? Just a question

huntwriter
12-06-2005, 03:07 PM
I was wondering if any laws are being broken if an animal is strapped to the hood, roof, trunk etc of your car or what have you in plain view of the public? Just a question

I do not know, knowing how things are nowadays I wouldn't be surprised if there would be law. But I do know that there should be a law for fat chicks wearing those low riding jeans brings my dinner up everytime I am forced to see it in front of me.:eek:
Compared to that a deer strapped to a car is estethic and beautful.:grin:

PGKris
12-06-2005, 03:43 PM
So true. Why would you even put that image in my head though! *Shudder*

oldtimer
12-06-2005, 05:22 PM
All looks perfectly normal to me. Might be Island deer but looks normal if you don't have a truck. Wife can't complain--- they put a tarp under them. But you may be right that it wouldn't go over well in the big city but really-- Who gives a sh-t if they like it or not-- meat is meat. MIKE

Ovis17
12-06-2005, 07:31 PM
Cool pics. My only question is why would Byson be surfing THAT site???????

sealevel
12-06-2005, 08:05 PM
Years ago at the whiskey creek store ( west of parksville) we use to gass up there every nite the owner had a small butcher shop couple guys had a moose shoved whole into a camper ungutted they had brought it all the way from carp lake.

huntwriter
12-06-2005, 08:34 PM
Years ago at the whiskey creek store ( west of parksville) we use to gass up there every nite the owner had a small butcher shop couple guys had a moose shoved whole into a camper ungutted they had brought it all the way from carp lake.

I would have liked to watch them pull that stinker out of the camper. But hey, you got to do what you got to do with the equipment available. Right!

Byson
12-06-2005, 09:13 PM
Cool pics. My only question is why would Byson be surfing THAT site???????I think i'm over 18, Here check out this site to http://www.davesdaily.com/pictures.htm

tomigunz
12-06-2005, 10:41 PM
http://www3.telus.net/public/cedarboy/409wisc2-med.jpg

tomigunz
12-06-2005, 10:42 PM
you cant beat this one

Ltbullken
12-07-2005, 10:13 AM
But I do know that there should be a law for fat chicks wearing those low riding jeans brings my dinner up everytime I am forced to see it in front of me.:eek: Compared to that a deer strapped to a car is estethic and beautful.:grin:

Don't forget spandex on fat chicks - "does this make my ass look big?" reply - "No, your ass makes your ass look big!":eek: