PDA

View Full Version : wolves on highway 16 nr beaverly this morning

ROEBUCK
07-11-2009, 07:57 PM
I was heading towards pg from vanderhoof this morning at 7am just before petrocan there was an adult wolf standing on the highway with a black cub and a grey cub sitting in the embankment, I stopped the truck to look at them and they did not move after around 5 mins i got out of the truck and they still did not move at around 100 yards they did not seem bothered by me at all after around 10 mins they trotted back into the bush

Jagermeister
07-11-2009, 08:57 PM
That's because they know about the 1/4 mile no shooting zone on each side of the highway. Those are actually trained wolves that are trying to entice you to break the law. If you had looked up the road, you probably would have seen the CO who would have pounced on you for shooting. Good thing you had the presence of mind to not shoot.

jml11
07-12-2009, 08:19 PM
That's because they know about the 1/4 mile no shooting zone on each side of the highway. Those are actually trained wolves that are trying to entice you to break the law. If you had looked up the road, you probably would have seen the CO who would have pounced on you for shooting. Good thing you had the presence of mind to not shoot.

It's not a no shooting zone, only a 400m single projectile restriction. You can legally use a shotgun 15m off centerline!! (20 GA+ and Shot size 1 or lager for wolf)