PDA

View Full Version : vortex binos

JRG94
07-11-2009, 11:23 AM
im thinking about buying a set of vortex binos for my dad for his birthday, and the two choices that im pondering about are the diamondback 10X42 or the fury 10X42.
the fury's are about 150$ more than the diamondback's but are they that much better??

Rob
07-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Check out the birding forums, and try to find reviews on both. I bought the Vipers 10x42 last year and I reallt like them. Rob

Bowzone_Mikey
07-11-2009, 11:44 AM
any Vortex Product I have picked up and played with with the exception of their spotting scopes (witch I found to be lightweight and plasticy feeling) I have been impressed with ...the picture through the spotting scopes is good quality ...just the feel didnt impress me.

I know they are sparse to find north of the Border but look at Alpen line of optics as well ...Just as good if not better (IMHO) and same price range

Bow Walker
07-11-2009, 01:32 PM
I've got the older version of the Diamondbacks - the Vultures. Mine are 8.5x50, and I love them. I find them to be a huge 'bang-for-the-buck' and I've been recommending Vortex for about 4 years now.

I bought a Diamondback 3-9x40 for my new rifle (.270) and it performs beautifully.

Your Dad will be well pleased with either the D'backs or the Vipers. You be the judge of how much you want to spend - but I can't see too much of a difference in those two. You might see a difference if you stepped up to the Kaibabs or the Razors though.