Jelvis
07-11-2009, 10:20 AM
deleted ---------------

muleychaser
07-11-2009, 12:16 PM
We all know that the only place to hunt deer in Region 3 is Clearwater:D

oldtimer
07-11-2009, 01:26 PM
I will hunt region 7 a lot more this year. Just the other side of Abhue.
The changes are ridiculous. Just the road kill up here is huge and still Deer all over the hills. The Fraser river flats have their usual herds driving the ranchers and farmers crazy but boy do the Cougars and Wolves love the changes !! Mike

Fisher-Dude
07-11-2009, 02:29 PM
I don't expect much change in region 8. Mule deer GOS closes for good in region 8 on Nov 10, the same time as region 5's rut closure. Region 5 has 10 more days of any buck from Oct 1 -31 compared to 8's Oct 1 - 20. So, there is still more muley opportunity in 5. Perhaps guys who are lucky enough to tag out in region 5 will head to 3 or 8 for their second deer.

Region 3 will likely get a lot more attention though. And some bio will panic and close 'er down, as long as the GOs have enough time to fill their boots. :roll:

Jelvis
07-11-2009, 02:51 PM
---------------------------

Jelvis
07-11-2009, 04:11 PM
--------------------------

hillclimber
07-11-2009, 04:55 PM
region 3 is known to have regular groups of hunters using the same area year after year for decades for some groups of mule deer hunters.
Some come up from Chilliwack, Abbotsford, and Langley and so on. some head to Clinton, some Williams Lake, some McCleese Lake and some Bonaparte, all close to the boundary line between region 5 and 3. A person is going to have to know the boundary lines fairly well to prevent shooting in the wrong region through ignorance of that boundary line between reg 5 and 3. Most should know if they study the synopsis with a good backroad atlas.
Hundred Mile house hunters can slip over into 3 easy enough.
Some spot that will get hit harder will be Clinton and Scottie Creek and Cache Creek. Up 97 and you know ---
Ashcroft and Wallachin could get even more popular now -- 3-18 and mu 3-12.

Some thinking and planning but then again where is your leh moose going to take you -- or where will you apply for to get a moose and a muley ?
region three has got to take up some of those hunts from nov 10 in 5 and will spread the money around to different communities then before the change in 5 was introduced.
Jel -- we got some big buck hunting anyways --

sssssshhhhhhhhhh jelvis theres already enough hunters up there already. we don't need you to tell more people about how you can slip over into different regions in the same day, they'll shoot all my deer!!!!:razz:

Jelvis
07-11-2009, 08:11 PM

Jelvis
07-12-2009, 03:11 PM
-------------------------

Jelvis
07-13-2009, 08:01 PM
----------------------

horse280
07-13-2009, 10:04 PM
So many deer and not enough fellas takin their does?lots of 4+ points starting to show in the kersly to nazko areas and lots of them damdable whitetails showing around williams lake too,super late spring tons of rain,very few grouse,lots of salmon in the rivers out bella coola way,,black bears by the bushel and in good shape too so,bring the whole extended family and thrash the bushes and find some steroid free meat,wear out them tires and make stories for years to come---OR-- go to your tried and true spot,no matter what the regs say hunt what u know and hunt slow,or suffer the consequences of large fuel bills and multiple unsucessful forays into the unknown and second guessing!good luck---the Horse.

hunter1947
07-14-2009, 05:37 AM
Any time there is closures in an mu area it will put pressher on the the surrounding zone areas :roll:.

Jelvis
07-14-2009, 10:39 AM

longhairmtnman
07-14-2009, 12:07 PM
It is reported the deer are migrating out of region 5 due to the pine beetle infestation, and are now taking up residence in region 2. Because of last years huge CWD die off of deer in region 3, deer numbers are at an all time low. The great herds that have formed in region 2 are becoming a menace and need culling. I recommend region 2, with special attention to Whistler/Pemberton area. Has anybody else noticed this? What we need is a ungulate pied piper to lead the deer to the hunters that will gather.

Jelvis
07-14-2009, 02:16 PM

Jelvis
07-14-2009, 06:25 PM

Jelvis
07-17-2009, 09:41 PM
------------------------

bigshooter
07-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Jell just remember that you are the one bringing all the pressure on region 3. In one of your threads you make my hunting area well knowen and now it is a circus come November. Regon 7-2 is a great area go go go away... shoot a doe close to town even.

BCBigGame
07-18-2009, 07:57 AM
One fells who is a quality hunter a mule deer pre-expert, lol, agrees that region 3 will be hit with some new hunters coming out of the 5 'ers.
Yah some new hiker hunters who figure it out quick and capatalize, on the transition of boundary border towns -- like ?
The deer will move also, after the hunting pressure pushes the herds into an area with less hunting pressure because they go just beyond where no man wants to go. ----- > pushed by the human deer hunters < -----
into and around and over and across -- up and down - - side hills -- sun down --
Jel -- 3 vs 5 vs 7 and 8 --

Hiker hunters?, I haven't seen any of them ikn years! I spend many a day on my feet and very rarely come across guys more than 100 ft from a road unless on a ATV. Believe me I am not complaining, I love it.

horshur
07-18-2009, 08:53 AM
the weeks that will see an increase is 14 to 22. the rest not so much.
the current 4 point season should temper overharvest.
I do think it will be a bit of gang/gong show during that time in some roaded up areas with good visibility.
The Co's will be dealing with landowner complaints as new hunters try to learn the different areas.....the conflicts will be inevitable.

my fear is that the increase of hunters will provide an incentive for locals to follow suit with region 5 and thus see the southern half of the province without a GOS rut hunt for mulies....

that was my Knee jerk reaction when faced with the possibility of what has now become reality.

region 3 is a huge area and could easily absorb the pressures however if everyone piles into 3 smallish areas and scares the shit out of the locals and pounds the dink 4 points we will have screwed it for ourselves....

my plea is for those who now must come to region three to do so thoughfully and carefully mindful that we could **** this up easy.

Jelvis
07-18-2009, 11:13 AM

Jelvis
07-22-2009, 05:53 PM
--------------------

Jelvis
08-19-2009, 03:18 PM
-----------------------------

weatherby_man
08-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Jellyman,,,I'm feeling ok on this one. Kind of comparing it to farmers letting fields lie fallow to rejuvenate? I'm no scientist but it kind of makes sense in high pressured areas or ares hit hard by winter kill, etc..? I dont know the current herd numbers to date and whether the differences will be published. I do know it would be a bummer if ya had some favourite spots you cruised every year there at that time. I'm sure other areas close by will be pressured - do you think that'll cause problems with muley numbers in adjacent areas next year? Its anyones guess. All I know is I'll be somewhere far away that time of year harvesting my WT quota!

Jelvis
08-22-2009, 06:50 PM

sceddy
08-29-2009, 02:11 PM
I've been hunting region 5 for 13 years, mostly in 5:3. Last year, I took my 15 yr old cousin hunting in the beginning of Oct. The first day he shot a 4x3. The next day I shot a 5x5. Both deer likley 3.5 years old. Both hunts we covered lots of miles on foot, and lots of sheds found. Went back in Nov with a doe draw. Again our group had no problem tagging out and my dad had seen a few mature bucks, missed opportunities. This year the wife has a doe draw for Oct and me in Nov (5:3). How's the population looking this year, or should I be seeking new areas due to the closure. Or should I check region 2 for future considerations, it's close to home (Van Isle).

Jelvis
08-29-2009, 09:08 PM
-----------------------

sceddy
08-30-2009, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the tip, I need to find new spots and Ashcroft is not to far to travel and I love walking. Could almost do it on my set of days off. Anyway, I'm off to bowhunt some blackies, took a 108 P/Y last year, I would post a photo, but I'm having difficulties, exceeding bite size limit ???

Jelvis
08-30-2009, 02:24 PM

RiverBoatFantasy
08-30-2009, 09:05 PM
No effect whatsoever. I hunt all my monster muley bucks on private alfalfa property - in both region 3 and 5.8)

Jelvis
08-30-2009, 09:19 PM
------------------------

RiverBoatFantasy
08-30-2009, 09:31 PM
I would'nt even consider hunting on closed off, private land I would quit if it came to hunting on cultivated private fields it turns me off just hearing about it, equal to fishing in a man made fish tank -- no challenge -- no initiative whatsoever -- I'd sell my gun and buy meat from a butcher first.
I hunt on Crown no private whatsoever, and I think that is what others should do also or don't call it hunting, call it shooting with no hunting involved.
Jel - you call that hunting ? Pretty sad .

I call it torture! Sitting in my bail blind all day and me all allergic to alfalfa. Darn eyes get itchy and watery and swelled up so bad I can barely see out of the scope. I am tweaked out on Claritin and shaking like a drunk doing the DT's.

It takes a cool dude on the trigger when the biggest buck of your life steps out from behind the barn. Dont want to be putting any stray bullets through a John Deere or the farm lady's laundry.

Did I mention how good the meat tastes.

Charlie
08-30-2009, 09:33 PM
I would'nt even consider hunting on closed off, private land I would quit if it came to hunting on cultivated private fields it turns me off just hearing about it, equal to fishing in a man made fish tank -- no challenge -- no initiative whatsoever -- I'd sell my gun and buy meat from a butcher first.
I hunt on Crown no private whatsoever, and I think that is what others should do also or don't call it hunting, call it shooting with no hunting involved.
Jel - you call that hunting ? Pretty sad . I could'nt even support that sort of thing and won't

So hunting on your own "cultivated" land is not acceptable? Perhaps people with property should go elsewhere?

Elkhound
08-30-2009, 09:35 PM
Did I mention how good the meat tastes.

no kidding. Have taken a few bucks on crown land that spend their time feeding on alfalfa 90% of the time on a private ranch. Yummmmmmmy And if I could hunt them on the ranch I sure would. I am jealous RBF

Jelvis
08-30-2009, 09:52 PM

Jelvis
08-31-2009, 04:06 PM

Jelvis
11-02-2009, 02:17 PM
---------------------

Brian011
11-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Well I usuallly hunt all season in region 5 but the season change has changed my hunting plans this year. Going to try to get my first region 3 buck this year if my plans turn out. The last three years I've been able to get 2 bucks each yr and now I'm going to try to get one in each region. Haven't been out much yet this year but I'm trying to take the rest of the month off so I can hit the rut hard. Can't wait to get out and try new country.

Jelvis
11-02-2009, 03:21 PM

Jeffb
11-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Yep be joining the gonger in 3 for my LEH Doe. I agree with ya Jelvis , sittin in a blind on a farm just aint hunting in my opinion , hunting isnt just the hunt for me its the peace and beauty of being out in the great outdoors. But with that said to each there own whichever way you may take your game i guess

Jelvis
11-07-2009, 06:49 PM

youngmooser
11-12-2009, 06:51 AM
We will be going to region 3 this weekend to try our luck, I really don't like the closure in region 5 but if the boys in power say it has to be I guess we are stuck with it. I do have one nagging question----> Now that the big bucks are safe from the general population and the guides, Do the FN's
get to hunt the big bucks with no competition from the guys on the sidelines? What a hunt that would be !

Jelvis
11-28-2009, 05:50 PM
---------------------

Salty
11-28-2009, 08:44 PM
Region 5 is old news Hombre. Old like the hills. Plus the hills are old anyhoo. OK. lol.

Nope, you gots to go to the mountains man. The real mountains.

Like Clearwater. Well just outside OK, up in zeeee hills Bill. Not them rolling lazy old Kariboo hills up in the peaks the young mountains where the devil's club is merchantable and the creeks change their mind every odd year, odd that is but they do OK. Up the nose bleed lol. The lung buster craggy mountains young mountains. For *massive* bucks.

Clearwater's getting a bit tired but don't look a gift horse in the mouth now. the savy mountain hunter will watch all these developments and find new areas for the buck of a life time. After you get that 4x5 freezer buck from Clearwater its time to suck back and reload. Your right, as a BCer to go for a second and a true Trophy mountain buck.

Off to the new frontier. Nothing stays the same. This probably hasn't been spread around too much yet but do the math OK. The new frontier is the Squeemish hwy country, all right; just in time for the Olympics that's where its at hunters. Don't spread this around too much but its a happenin thing, up the mountains the lungbuster sidehill city lol. Stop at timmys in Squeemish and glass, glass, glass. Wear your camo so they don't think your some kind of pervert. lol. Glass them hills. Its been shot up a bit i hear so if nothing comes right to your view head up the 99 to Whistler. No one hunts there, they ski and snort blow that's about it so the big bucks are behind every tree but just find out where the town limits R first. And don't stop for a beer its like ten bucks and the beautiful people might drive a normal hunter nuts. Its awsome hunting tho and right close to the meca of Pemmy. How can yo go wrong? And if that doesn't work make sure the road's open and you can knock knock knock on region 5's door for old time sake Jake.

Region 2. The new zoo :cool: MassiveMountain bucks OK.

Jelvis
11-28-2009, 10:18 PM

horshur
11-28-2009, 10:50 PM
It did not pan out like was forecast.

ElkMasterC
11-28-2009, 10:57 PM
Where's the photo's, no good without photo's, I always put pictures on.

I have an album 3' high of Jel's photos.....

....now where did I put them?

Jelvis
03-26-2010, 07:23 PM
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

kevan
03-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Our cabin is East of Green Lake on the road separating 5-01 and 3-30.
Dirt bike and quad traffic all Spring and Summer keep the deer well away from the neighborhood....saw a doe last year, but haven't seen a buck in the area for at least three or four years.
Plenty of coyotes though and neighbors have seen cougar ( 4-legged ones ).

TyTy
03-26-2010, 07:41 PM
Call me crazy, but i've been focusing for Blacktails in Reg. 3, west of the fraser. No success but i'm certain there are some big ol' bucks that get no hunting pressure in the trasition zone,

Comments?

Jelvis
03-26-2010, 07:48 PM
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Jelvis
11-27-2013, 09:22 PM
cccccccccccccccccc