PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Hunting Gear appeared on Craigslist

pupper
07-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Some of you may have known that my bow and other hunting gear was stolen. I just found it on craigslist but it just sold before I got to it. If anyone knows of someone who bought it, can you please let me know.
Thanks.
here is the ad:
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/spo/1260505728.html

pupper
07-09-2009, 02:15 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/stolen_bowtech2.jpg
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/3stolen_bowtech1.jpg
here was the write up:
2006 BowTech Tribute - $400 (Burnaby)

Reply to: sale-muzzt-1260505728@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads? (http://www.craigslist.org/about/help/replying_to_posts)]
Date: 2009-07-08, 6:45PM PDT

2006 BowTech Tribute
Full BowTech Package including everything you need. Replacement cost $2000
$400 firm
Right Handed
The Bowtech Tribute is a high-powered compound bow that is used by professional bow hunters and archers worldwide. It has received five-star ratings again and again by serious compound bow enthusiasts around the world, and so it makes an excellent choice for anyone who wants to use a compound bow with raw power and precision.

Primos Brand
Bow sling
Gloves
Balaclava
Jim Dandy trigger puller
Free Flight trigger puller
Very heavy draw or light draw weight you will feel the difference.
Designed to distribute pull weight over the entire hand and grip. Wrist straps not only pull from just the wrist but do not stay consistently in position.
Proven in the field for twenty five years to be the perfect hunting release. Always in position - Not dangling down around your wrist.
Mechanism is held close in tight for maximum control - Maximizing your draw length for greater speed and energy.
Long gun style trigger is easy to feel even with a cold weather glove on your hand.
Adjustable trigger pull and travel.

Dosko Sport SE 44 Camo Case
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests***************************************** ***********************
unfortunately it was sold when we were emailing but we will see what happens, if anyone knows who bought this, please let me know.

open-sights
07-09-2009, 02:42 PM
hmmm, RCMP able to get the info from Craigslist regarding this?

Rod
07-09-2009, 04:13 PM
I see that as of 4pm the add has been deleted by the author.

Not likely the mounties will do much, all my reloading equipment was stolen and the thief even admitted it to me, mounties wouldn't even talk to the guy in an effort to have it returned.. I am out 2 presses (one shotgun one Rockchucker) and about a dozen sets of rifle dies, assorted bullets, primers, powder scale as well as a but load of other hunting gear.. and all I can do is hope karma comes into play at some point.

wetcoastwillie
07-09-2009, 04:36 PM
If it were me....

I'd post an add in the same section....

Explain the situation...

Offer a reward for the thief's location.

Then have my buddy "Karma" pay him a visit!

Over and Over again till I got my $1200.00

leadpillproductions
07-09-2009, 04:45 PM
If it were me....

I'd post an add in the same section....

Explain the situation...

Offer a reward for the thief's location.

Then have my buddy "Karma" pay him a visit!

Over and Over again till I got my $1200.00
x2 the little *******s too lazy to work so they steal

dougan
07-09-2009, 05:02 PM
trigger pullers eh knowledge of bows not his forteh but stealing is rotten peice of s==t hope he gets his and you get your gear back best of luck!!

bsa30-06
07-09-2009, 06:50 PM
I would definately notify the police.

nomad
07-09-2009, 07:17 PM
x2 wetcoastwillie! Re post same add saying it was stollen... reward...even for an email back with where it was purchased or any such info leading to an arrest! worth a shot

Phreddy
07-10-2009, 10:52 AM
x2 wetcoastwillie! Re post same add saying it was stollen... reward...even for an email back with where it was purchased or any such info leading to an arrest! worth a shot
X2....After all, it doesn't cost much and the results could be very rewarding for you. Same thing for the craphead that stole your reload stuff. It's amazing what can be accomplished with an ad and a baseball bat.

wolverine
07-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Unfortunately, unless you catch the guy with possession of your property there isn't much that can be done. Even at that you wouldn't be able to prove he stole it, just that he is in possession of it (PSP = criminal code offence). It's not about what you KNOW. It's about what you can prove, in the legal sense. Sorry to hear some shitbag lifted your gear. Almost nothing pisses me off more.

xtremearchery
07-10-2009, 01:57 PM
Hey Justin, I'll keep my eyes on the lookout at the next few 3D shoot for your stuff. I know your bow very well and if I see I'll call you right away! Mark

pupper
07-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Thanks guys, I have posted a wanted add on craigslist for the stuff and have the police involved.

Kody94
07-10-2009, 02:36 PM
It's not about what you KNOW. It's about what you can prove, in the legal sense. Sorry to hear some shitbag lifted your gear. Almost nothing pisses me off more.

True. Its not about what you know, but its not always about what you can prove either. Its mostly about what you can get away with doing to the MO FUGGER that stole it.

wolverine
07-10-2009, 03:36 PM
True. Its not about what you know, but its not always about what you can prove either. Its mostly about what you can get away with doing to the MO FUGGER that stole it.

Yeah, wouldn't it be sweet to answer that Craigs List ad in person?!! Surprise arsehole... this is a day you aren't going to forget for a long time!!:O

JAFA
07-10-2009, 05:36 PM
This makes me crazy!

riflebuilder
07-10-2009, 06:18 PM
I had 170,000 dollars worth of stuff ripped off and even took the police to the guy that took it, they arrested the guy but nothing ever came of it.

pupper
07-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Crazy story ended with a happy ending, my craigslist add worked and i got my stolen bow back!!

Barracuda
07-12-2009, 02:01 PM
good to hear

how about the details :?:

Brambles
07-12-2009, 02:01 PM
Crazy story ended with a happy ending, my craigslist add worked and i got my stolen bow back!!

Holy crap, do tell more. Cool way to get er back. Lets hear it?

bsa30-06
07-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Glad you got it back.......DETAILS

Kitimat Killer
07-12-2009, 02:33 PM
hey way to go you don't hear that too often that ppl get there stolen gear come back to them with out it's being all mest up lets hear the story

kk

pupper
07-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Well I posted a wanted add on craigslist here: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/wan/1263193860.html

and the guy who bought it off the guy who originally posted it on cragslist saw my add and realized that he had hot gear. Luckily this guy was a standup guy and probably realized that I or one of my buddies would someday see him on a 3D shoot and that he would be uncomfortable at the confrontation. So he was nice enough to call me and let me meet him for the return of the bow to its rightful owner. He was also nice enough to give me the info on the guy who sold it to him. He said that the guy was shocked that it was stolen and he would return the money to me. I hope to collect the $400 back from him if he returns my calls. I am just happy that I got my stuff back at all, I am somewhat in shock about it. It will be nice if I get the $400 back as well.

Kody94
07-12-2009, 03:42 PM
That's awesome news! Congrats. Hopefully you'll get at least a good chunk of that $400 back and some better insight on the hands that your bow has passed through since it was stolen.

born2hunt
07-12-2009, 04:26 PM
X2....After all, it doesn't cost much and the results could be very rewarding for you. Same thing for the craphead that stole your reload stuff. It's amazing what can be accomplished with an ad and a baseball bat.mhmm agreed totally