PDA

View Full Version : Annual Terrace Trip

mountainman
07-09-2009, 07:30 AM
Well I am gearing up for my annual trek west with the great srupp :biggrin: Got the boat and trailer in the shop as we speak. Only 2 tires on the trailer waiting on parts from the city for the suspension :o but at least I know it will be able to haul Steven and all the fish we are going to catch.
New wear ring installed on the boat last night and today will be a couple more rod holders :mrgreen:

Rods are being checked over, reels greased up and re lined if needed. Tackle being checked and over all very little sleep to be seen for the next 6 days :mrgreen: can't wait for it all to begin. Hopefully I remember the camera while on the boat and I don't have time to use it 8)

My son has been bugging me all the time making sure we are going again this year so all I got to do is figure out how to strap him on to a big accurate reel and laugh as the fish tries to make him water ski!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Steeleco
07-09-2009, 08:56 AM
That Srupp dude sounds like quite the outdoors guide, how does he find time to work?? Good luck on the trip, just make sure he is up on the use of your camera for those timeless shots!! Sorry Steven, I had too!!!

sawmill
07-09-2009, 09:06 AM
AW man I envy you,I lived in Hazelton for 14 years,the springs will be running hard right now.Sigh.I always miss that this time of year.The mouth of the Bulkley at Old Town is real good as is the Kispiox river.And the mouth of the Kitwanga.I`ve had fish rape my reel there,I swear they were 80 lbs. at least.HOGS!!! good luck!
Maybe I`ll catch a 14 in. trout this weekend:icon_frow

srupp
07-09-2009, 11:00 AM
ha ha ha..thanks STEELCO..actually hmmm one $5,000 camera in the ocean in Kwatna AND a major screw up on videotaping Roberts bear...:roll: sorta have a point bud..but OUCH !

Hi Joe..trailer is packed , rodholders welded..all reels greased...new terminal tackel..Susan will get some grub in the fridge...I have saved some elk steaks, smokies, peperoni, jerki and will do a moose roast up for sandwhichs..as well as bring aluminum foil for a barbque for salmon, I have tied up flies for pinks and sockeye..and even bought a case of beer for Conrad or you....

Joe and I have a great time and usually do extremelly well on the big springs..58 pounds is my personal best..but maybe this year a 70 # plus??

I do spend a LOT of time hunting and fishing..but its NOT to have fun..its because I LOVE MY WIFE and only want her BEST and that certainly includes great salmon and meat for the table that has no additives..:roll:..so in acuallity I am there bringing home good food for my wife :biggrin: not having fun..

ALSO as a PARAMEDIC the money is so poor that I suppliment my meger wages by bringing home game meat and fish..I could not afford to buy these..

I will call you soon Joe to touch bases..

and I didnt guide ..I ACCOMPANIED my sheep hunting partner and his brother..

Steven

Steeleco
07-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Seriously gents, have a great trip and share the pics with those of us grounded to a 40 or so hour week. :wink::wink:

THE SWEDE
07-09-2009, 11:12 AM
Good luck guys.I havent made the Summer trip to Terrace in a few years..The new job dont allow it..Staying at Ferry Island??

sawmill
07-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Stay away from ferrry island.And Idiot rock in Morricetown.Combat fishing at its worst,My best was 72 # 5 once at the mouth of the Kispiox but that was back in the day when a guy could fish alone with out having to deal with "Stewerts of the land" selling a spot to stand on.Now it`s like idiot Rock in Morricetown.But farther up it is still civilised.My best day was 28 spings one morning,let them all go.I was damn tired,but what a great rush.:biggrin:

THE SWEDE
07-09-2009, 11:45 AM
I was refering to the camping spot.

sawmill
07-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Life it`s own self boys.You gotta love them when you get the chance,Grab the good days and hang on for dear sweet life!Bless you all!

weatherby_man
07-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Sounds awesome! Just like kids at Christmas, cant sleep and big smiles on the faces :-) .

BCbillies
07-09-2009, 12:08 PM
It's beautiful up here right now and the weathers been pretty good! Other than going away for a sheep hunt I hate to leave Terrace in the summer. Enjoy the fishing . . . perhaps I'll bump into you guys if you're camping at Ferry Island.

srupp
07-09-2009, 01:17 PM
We do NOT stay @ Ferry Island..we stay close to the boat launch at the west end of town..@ WILD DUCK hotel and Rv park....GREAT place and people..and a mere 200 yards to launch the jet boat..pretty handy..

Steelco my regular work week is 48 hrs..2 x 10 hrs days plus 2 x 14 hrs nites..plus MANDATORY overtime..and I do that all of nov dec jan feb march april so that I can go play when its not -30 and 12 feet of snow..:biggrin:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/Fatherandson.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/Susan.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/18mile.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/ConradJoeSteven.jpg

mountainman
07-09-2009, 02:10 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a197/mountainman1/TheBoat.jpg
This is the boat! Of course we will leave the trailer at the launch while on the river but you get the idea. :roll: The top will down to the fish top rods poking out everywhere and fish jumping in the back :mrgreen:
Yell a howdy if you see us on the Skeena or the highway.

todbartell
07-09-2009, 07:59 PM
good luck guys, I'll be there in a little over a week, for 5 days hopefully

srupp
07-10-2009, 01:03 AM
Todbartell look us up @ the Wild Duck..green 2008 Ford Superduty King ranch special with matching canopy and Dovetail boat loader crewcab..

with 2000 Citation 26 foot travel trailer ...should be pretty easy to find..buy ya a coffee or beer...:lol: we are booked in under my name....

cheers

Steven

muleyman
07-13-2009, 09:14 AM
Should be good, as usual family and I headed up for 2 weeks springers,sockeye,my seven year old son loves catching the pinks, good luck all.

srupp
07-13-2009, 10:29 AM
mULEYMAN..same goes...look us up if ya get a chance...

steven

Leaseman
07-13-2009, 10:31 AM
Why isn't there any pics of those "big nets" you and joe use.......:lol:

Remeber to bring a couple of the bigger ones you catch to the coast...... I am running low on sturgeon bait......:wink:

mountainman
07-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Mike I told you not to let that secret out!!
Just like I told you wouldn't tell anyone about that sturgeon bbq you had ;):mrgreen::mrgreen:
Dam is it Thursday yet!!

plumbob
07-13-2009, 07:06 PM
Talked with a guy in our company in terrace today and the report is skeena river lots of springs and sockey and the kitimat is sparce for springs but the pinks are coming in strong.The lakelse is great for springs as the kalum so should be a great trip.Good luck guys and might even run into you up there steven.

srupp
07-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Plumbob..I have your ph # and a "special care package " from our freezer..

and WILL call coming through Burns Lake..

cheers

steven..

hey Mike what kind of Barbque sause did you use on that sturgeon???

ya ya I know the BIG BOTTLE..LOL

Leaseman
07-14-2009, 07:52 AM
You should remember Steve... you where the one cooking.....:shock:........

On a serious note, hope you gents have fun and catch many big fish!!! that will get you ready for Dino fishing.....:smile:

srupp
07-14-2009, 12:08 PM
Thanks Mike, I just hooked up the trailer..lit the fridge..and loaded the supplies..Susan has gone shopping :shock:..and ALL the fishing gear is on board..even the rods are tied up and ready to fish..truck is dieseled up and now getting Plumbobs "stuff" ready..today is load day and work tonight..tomorrow is final check and odds n ends Thursday AM we pull out..

Should be back 24th ..and then leave on 26th for stone sheep hunt up north....back to work mid-late AUGUST..:smile:..

I am taking the cell phone so Susan can keep me informed of my LEH results...

cheers

Steven

hmmmmm DINO hunting....:smile:

BiG Boar
07-14-2009, 12:40 PM
You are taking the cell phone on its very first adventure! You are going to love the freedom it will bring to you! Yes, Srupp has finally got a cell phone! Good luck guys. Get a few biggies!

srupp
07-14-2009, 11:55 PM
Thanks Dave...sorry for the rushed call tonite busy @ work..:frown:..anyhow I DID in fact get that list from Tim...I will "TRY" and get it to you before I leave..

steven

Ya the cell phone works great...

mountainman
07-16-2009, 02:04 AM
Can't sleeep so we are on the road ina bout 30min. Going to be a long old day but well worth it.

See yall on the river!!

Leaseman
07-16-2009, 07:58 AM
Well I am totaly jealous........:frown:

Great fishing area with two great guys....... maybe i could come along next year guys......:eek:

jethrobuddy
07-16-2009, 06:59 PM
Well I saw srupp go by the Canadian tire in Terrace around 6:28pm. Can't mistake the lynx with the dark canvas top. Hope they have good luck.

Leaseman
07-17-2009, 06:48 AM
Well jethro, that was mountainman you saw winging his way from Alberta....:biggrin:

SRUPP's drivin' a huge new green ford monster pulling a "house" behind him!

They should be fishin' this afternoon..........:roll:

jethrobuddy
07-17-2009, 07:35 PM
That makes more sense. I must of got the names mixed up as I was reading. i didn't think it would take 18hrs from the puddle. Hope I get a chance to pop down for a visit.

srupp
07-24-2009, 07:42 PM
just in and savoring my LEH successesssss.....

and on the way out of TERRACE this am we saw a SPIRIT BEAR..aka KERMODE bear..what a rare priviledge..AWESOME.....

SLEEP and get ready for next weeks stone sheep hunt....

AND..MY MOMS HOME IN KELOWNA SOLD..YEEEEEEHAAAAAWWWWW

cheers

Steven

mountainman
07-27-2009, 03:04 PM
Made it back what a great rip. Beautiful weather good friends and good fishiong what else can a guy ask for.

TSW
07-27-2009, 07:52 PM
How'd you boys do fishing? How many? How big? I know that's only part of it, but just curious! Did you have fun with the thousand other boats on the water? I haven't seen this many boats on the Skeena in years!!

todbartell
07-27-2009, 09:58 PM
this was my best, 32 lb
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs161.snc1/6009_107851402991_512917991_2269709_7763390_n.jpg

For our crew, most were in the 20-35 lb range. A lady camped near us caught a 58! :-D

mountainman
07-29-2009, 08:16 AM
We alright nothing spectacular, one of my friends caught a 47lber, mine was 32lb Steve got a 27 there seemed to be a lot of jacks in the river this year. Lots of sockeye in the river this year too, we even had them biting on the bar rigs.

The boats weren't that bad you just got to stay away from the launch around 8pm when everyone thinks they are first in line to pull out. Had one guy runinto a friends boat at the launch and I had a moron cast his wieght into my windshield as he figured I was trolling to close to his spot.

There are all sorts out there but was a good trip all around.