PDA

View Full Version : Age result from Compulsary Inspection ???

gbear
07-03-2009, 05:59 PM
When I had my grizzly in for the compulsary inspection, I asked if I would be notified of the age. I was told that they don't send the age out anymore, even thought a tooth is taken for, I'm guessing, aging purposes.

Does anyone know if there is someone I can contact in the wildlife branch and give them the CI number so they can look up the age and tell me over the phone? I would be very interested in knowing it.

Thanks

BCbillies
07-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Anne Thorgersen at 250-387-9777. She told me a few months back that they won't have the ages until the fall (for the bear I harvested last September). I was going to email her in September.

gbear
07-04-2009, 07:44 AM
Anne Thorgersen at 250-387-9777. She told me a few months back that they won't have the ages until the fall (for the bear I harvested last September). I was going to email her in September.

Thanks BCbillies! I'll hang on to that number and give her a call in the winter sometime.

elkdom
07-04-2009, 07:52 AM
When I had my grizzly in for the compulsary inspection, I asked if I would be notified of the age. I was told that they don't send the age out anymore, even thought a tooth is taken for, I'm guessing, aging purposes.

Does anyone know if there is someone I can contact in the wildlife branch and give them the CI number so they can look up the age and tell me over the phone? I would be very interested in knowing it.

Thanks
did you happen to notice at time you had you CI done on your Grizz they also take a small chunk of skin and hair follicles( 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch of hide with hair on it) for MOE lab use for genetics research/tracing and DNA identification?