PDA

View Full Version : Finally...some fish

Sitkaspruce
07-03-2009, 02:57 PM
So after getting blown off the water on Wed, and having a fishermans worst nightmare yesterday (No fish and everyone was catching them!!!), the mojo was back today:biggrin:

Hit the water at 5 with a buddy and a buddy of his, and had the first line out by 5:25. Buddies turn first as I always give first fish to any visitor on the boat. One small spring to the boat and released right away. Now my turn, 20 min later this beauty hit and started rocketing around on the surface. Bad things happen with a fish this big, a flasher and the surface, but he soon got tired of it and sounded. 10 min later he was beside the boat and ready to be netted. He was a stubby but built for speed. In the Net and a quick bonk on the head and in the fish bucket he went. He weighted 28lbs. Great smoker fish.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Sitkaspruce/P7030007.jpg
sorry for the cheesie grin.....not sure what happened:mrgreen:

Over the next 30 min, one more good one last and two more small ones released. Buddies turn and he loses another one:o. My turn and a good fighting 15 lber ends up in the net. I am done now and will just be the guide. That is when my buddy realizes that he forgot his licence back at home:-?:(, so off we run back to home, calling the wife to get her butt out of bed and down to the wharf to meet me. We head back out and catch a couple nice coho and two more small springs, but nothing to write home about.

On our way back in, we see these two fishing machines and watch them for a bit. The wife was pretty excited (prairie girl!!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Sitkaspruce/P7030585.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Sitkaspruce/P7030584.jpg

It was great day on the water and we will be back at it again tomorrow

Cheers

SS

kennyj
07-03-2009, 03:08 PM
I know what the cheesie grin is all about !!
It rocks catching springs!Cool photos.
kenny

Johnnybear
07-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Nice fish! Glad the weather finally co-operated for you:grin:. Sounds like a great day. Gotta love seening whales on fishing trips kinda makes one feel privileged for sure:cool:. Those teener springs are the best eating IMO so right home about em:lol:. Thanks for sharing Ss. Great post and great pics. We're heading out to Bamfield tomorrow and I might have to try that gully you told me about;).

Oh ya that grin has been on many a fishermans face.

Jb

frenchbar
07-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Nice Smiley! 8)

MB_Boy
07-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Nice fish Ken!!

I understand the "prairie girl's" mentality......I am a Pegger and love watching the whales.

Nice work and thanks for sharing. 8)

'Pippen'....on the "other" boards. :wink:

vanislehunter1
07-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Great job man!! I'm goin out tomorrow at 5 to go slay some. They're hammerin' them out there hey? Where were you fishing, if you don't mind me asking? you can PM me if you like. :)

Sitkaspruce
07-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Great job man!! I'm goin out tomorrow at 5 to go slay some. They're hammerin' them out there hey? Where were you fishing, if you don't mind me asking? you can PM me if you like. :)

Sorry I missed your post. So how did you do??? Where did you decide to fish??

There was a ton of fish around today, but for us, they were all a wee bit on the small size:razz:. Took home 3 coho, two wild and one 7 lbs hatchery. Deep red meat on all three. We released 11 other small springs and coho and lost two others. Saw a 32 lbs and a couple in the mid twenties caught and reportedly a 44 was caught as well.

One more kick at the cat tomorrow until friday. The wife want's a good one for herself....

Oh yea we were on the back side of Malcohm.

Cheers

SS

Tikka270wsm
07-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Nice Smiley. The chuck looked like a mill pond for ya eh? Makes for an enjoyable trip.
Nice photos of the whales man. A total bonus anytime you can see them. As long as they aint trying to take your fish.

vanislehunter1
07-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Sorry I missed your post. So how did you do??? Where did you decide to fish??

There was a ton of fish around today, but for us, they were all a wee bit on the small size:razz:. Took home 3 coho, two wild and one 7 lbs hatchery. Deep red meat on all three. We released 11 other small springs and coho and lost two others. Saw a 32 lbs and a couple in the mid twenties caught and reportedly a 44 was caught as well.

One more kick at the cat tomorrow until friday. The wife want's a good one for herself....

Oh yea we were on the back side of Malcohm.

Cheers

SS I'm guessing you were at Bere, because we were at Lizard, and caught one. we were thinkin of going up to Bere beforehand, but Les at Timberland told us all the fish were at bold head, donegal, and flower. I wont be out until next saturday (hopefully) either going to Bere point, or to duval. one of the 2. sounds like ya did pretty well.

Tomorrow, i'm going to go shootin', then i'm gonna go watch the drag races at the Airport!!