PDA

View Full Version : Help!

soloist
07-02-2009, 05:57 PM
i HAVE BEEN LIVING IN BC SINCE SEPTEMBER OF LAST YEAR AND DESIRE TO HUNT THIS YEAR BUT i WAS TOLD BY SERVICE BC THAT WITH NO BC DRIVERS LICENCE AND NO BC MEDICAL IT'S NO LICENCE i CANT SWITCH MY LICENCE AND I DONT NEED MEDICAL INSURANCE. DOES ANYBODY KNOW ANY OTHER TYPES OF IDENTIFICATION OR PROOF OF RESIDENCE THAT IS ACCEPTED? IF SO THAN PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANK YOU

palmer
07-02-2009, 06:07 PM
If you are living in BC you have to switch your DL....I think its 60 or 90 days....

Charlie
07-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Go get a BCID. Basically an age of majority card.

Steeleco
07-02-2009, 06:40 PM
Theres a whole lot of can`t in that statement!! Just get a BCDL and keep your original one too.

Aside from that I`d guess if there were other forms of proof, the Gov`t would have told you of them.

Gateholio
07-02-2009, 07:09 PM
You have to prove residencey, not that you drive or are insured.8)

What about rent recpts or pay stubs, etc?

palmer
07-02-2009, 07:20 PM
You have to prove you are a resident of BC and BC only. Lots of people work in BC and live somewhere else, lots of Albertans have places in BC but are not residents. I think by not changing your DL or having no BC medical they are worried that you maybe playing two residences and having two resident hunting licences. And yes it happens lots...

soloist
07-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Age of majority card it is! I am a temporary resident of bc but still a resident, my vehicle is registered in Alberta thats why i cant switch my drivers licence over. I plan to leave here next year but for now this is my residence and I want to hunt! I would Imagine that to recieve a hunter number I would have to forfeit my win card anyway. thanks again!

blackbart
07-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Good luck during the fall of '09 soloist.

You may have trouble explaining two things in the future:
1) Why are you flying Alberta tags on your truck while packing a BC hunting licence? Pretty logical question for any CO to ask.
2) Why do you have Alberta insurance? Pretty logical question for any police officer or insurance agent to ask after you are in a fender bender in Mumbai. They do actually look into these things you know!

Either way I suggest you may consider the options prior to playing both sides of the rocks. Pick one and accept both the warts and the good things.

riflebuilder
07-04-2009, 08:37 AM
good comment there Blackbart.

07-04-2009, 09:24 AM
Good luck during the fall of '09 soloist.

You may have trouble explaining two things in the future:
1) Why are you flying Alberta tags on your truck while packing a BC hunting licence? Pretty logical question for any CO to ask.
2) Why do you have Alberta insurance? Pretty logical question for any police officer or insurance agent to ask after you are in a fender bender in Mumbai. They do actually look into these things you know!

Either way I suggest you may consider the options prior to playing both sides of the rocks. Pick one and accept both the warts and the good things.

yep. you got it.

Sasquatch
07-04-2009, 09:40 AM
I thought there was a minimum time requirement for living in the province before you can get a hunting license.
Don't you have to prove you've been here for 6 months or something?

curt
07-04-2009, 07:05 PM
seems pretty simple you are actually not a permenent resident so your options are hunt with a guide or switch over you ID and insurances keep it simple CHOOSE!!

high and to the right
07-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Having lived in all 4 western provinces I am aware that you have a limited time to change your DL and Insurance once you make another province your home. If you ask your Insurance broker some questions and inform him/her that you reside in one province but have insurance in another and you have an accident you will probably hear that you may not be covered as you have made false statements on your Insurance form.

Something to know: If you live in BC and have built up your rating with ICBC with no accidents and then you move to another province for a few years, you can return and start where you left off for that rating AS LONG AS you have continued to own a vehicle and have insurance on it in the new province. They need to be able to track your Insurance history.

As far as the hunter number and a BC hunting license, you may be able to get one by not telling the truth but if you drive a vehicle licensed as a permanent resident in another province and have a Health # as a permanent resident in another province you can expect to be charged if you are ever stopped by a CO.

Not worth it! Don't do it! Some day you will thank me!

oldtimer
07-05-2009, 05:43 AM
Age of majority card it is! I am a temporary resident of bc but still a resident, my vehicle is registered in Alberta thats why i cant switch my drivers licence over. I plan to leave here next year but for now this is my residence and I want to hunt! I would Imagine that to recieve a hunter number I would have to forfeit my win card anyway. thanks again!
It doesn't make any difference where your vehicle is registered when getting a DL. You don't even have to own a vehicle to get a DL. I would follow Gatehouse's advice. Rent receipts or pay stubs or get a DL. You can have more than one DL I believe. Mike

Brett
07-05-2009, 06:10 AM
It doesn't make any difference where your vehicle is registered when getting a DL. You don't even have to own a vehicle to get a DL. I would follow Gatehouse's advice. Rent receipts or pay stubs or get a DL. You can have more than one DL I believe. Mike in my last 2 province switches, when getting your new DL they aks for and take your old one and cancel it with the issuing province. I guess you could pretend you don't have one and take the tests and drive with the L on the truck :)