PDA

View Full Version : Back from hunting

1/2 slam
12-02-2005, 09:30 PM
Well November was a good month for me. I went 1 for 3 on my trips (Princeton, Virden Manitoba and Clearwater)

Princeton

I was there until the 9th of November. Saw moderate numbers of deer and 8 or 10 bucks. I saw a HOG one morning at first light, huge body and big rack. One problem thought. He had big timber behind his head/rack. Could see BIG rack but could not count points. He then headed into the timber. Saw him for 20 seconds. I spent a couple of days looking for him. Oh well theres always next year.

Virden Manitoba

Season opened on Monday the 14th. Snowed 7-8 inches that day. Couldn't use the tree stand location I normally use as the farmer let some other guys in there :eek: :eek: . They didn't get a thing. Took fullcurls dad with me. We went over to check on another guy in our group and saw a nice buck standing on the cutline. Fullcurls dad made short work of him. His first white tail...3 x 4. He's happy. Got cold and blew Tuesday/ Wednesday. Didn't see much. Thursday the truck broke down. Thumbed a ride into town and got a tow truck. Friday we pushed bush with friends from Virden. We did 4 drives and got deer out of every one.

Drive 1
Pushed out 15-20 deer and 3 bucks. The guys were not able to put anything down

Drive 2
Pushed out 8-10 deer and one buck. One of the fellows got him. 3 x 4 14 inches wide.

Drive 3
On the way over to this one we saw a BIG buck standing in the field on the piece we were going to push. He ran back in. We pushed 8-10 out and 2 bucks (Including the big one). Lots of shooting but no luck.

Drive 4
The guys started pushing and I saw a nice buck right away. Couldn't shoot though as it would be right into the drive. Everything held right till the end of the drive. Then all hell broke loose. At the last minute 10-12 does and 6 bucks came out. I got a Nice 4 x 4 21 1/2 inches wide. :) It was the biggest of the bunch as I got a good look at all of them. They all went by me at 80 yards. Talk about the right place :rolleyes: . I could have had another big 4 point if I wanted. He went by at about 50 yards. Great trip. I'll post a picture when I can.

Clearwater

Passed up an 18 inch 4 point the last morning.(You can't shoot a big one if you shoot small ones) He was with a huge 3 pt. I saw 5 different bucks in that spot. Spike, 2 x 2pts, 3 pt and the four point. Can't wait till next year