PDA

View Full Version : Where to go?!

Alpine Addict
06-27-2009, 08:11 PM
Im planning on going fishing monday. I live in Chilliwack and don't really want to drive any longer than 2 hours. i have a 13 ft lund so there has to be a boat launch. I was thinking maybe Davis and Shae lake near coldwater creek before merritt. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

AA

Steeleco
06-27-2009, 08:25 PM
Shea in my experience tends to have a little larger fish, but as your aware Davis is that much bigger. In about a half hours less time you could be on the water at Gillis lake. Turn left in Kingsvale and follow the road up the hill, a half hour past that and your at Murray, also a good lake.

That said I've been told the fishing in Jones lake is VERY good??? And much closer.

mike_b
06-27-2009, 09:15 PM
Fishing in Jones Lake was amazing the last time I was there and the view is absolutely gorgeous. But have they fixed the road leading to the lake already?

NoLimit99
06-27-2009, 09:18 PM
Fishing in Jones Lake was amazing the last time I was there and the view is absolutely gorgeous. But have they fixed the road leading to the lake already?

Fixed as in made it better or blocked it off? is there a boat launch there?

NoLimit99
06-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Also are these lakes worms or fly fishing type lakes? or is there alternative bait that works really well as I'd like to take my father to a lake and he's pushing 70 so i need some excitment.

Steeleco
06-27-2009, 10:09 PM
Have a plunder on this site http://www.sharphooks.com/club.aspx

Alpine Addict
06-28-2009, 11:49 AM
Thanks everybody. Thinking about jones or either gillis likes steelco suggested