PDA

View Full Version : Retriever Training Seminar

labguy
06-26-2009, 06:23 AM
:grin: The Okanagan Retriever Club will be hosting a 2 day retriever training seminar on July 25th and 26th in the Enderby/Grindrod area of BC. All breeds of hunting dogs are welcome.

Doug Grant (aka Bopper) will be leading this event. Doug's accomplishments as a professional trainer are well documented and he will bring a wealth of knowlege and experience to the table.

Everything from puppy basics to advanced training concepts will be covered.

There is dry camping available near the Shushwap River so bring your swimming gear.

Pre-registration is mandatory. We will limit the number of pariticipants to 14 so there will be ample time for individual instructions and problem solving.

Please contact Brian Griffin for more information, costs etc.

(bgriff48@telus.net)
250-549-7126

bopper
07-02-2009, 06:19 PM
To any gun dog owners from the Kamloops area: You might be interested in coming to the Okanagan Retriever Club's field trial, which is being held this week-end (July 4 & 5) at Tunkwa Lake (near Logan Lake). Come out and watch the big dogs run, and get more info about the seminar which is being held on the 25 & 26.......see you there,
Bopper 8)

Bushy
07-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Hey Bopper

Seen them out all week and last weekend, and at the Black Bull pub tonight. Do you know the timing's, place and type of events to see up at Tunkwa? I have the morning off and would be interested to check the trials.

RB

Jimsue
07-03-2009, 09:07 AM
The Open and Junior is on Saturday, look for those signs, and there is a Qualifing and a second Open on Sunday. They all start around 8:00 am.

I'm running open and junior, I don't know what number I am in the program, I drive a white Tundra, hope to see you there.

Cheers, Jim McFarland

Bushy
07-03-2009, 09:56 AM
Thanks Jim, I'll be out in the morning before 8:00, be a blue Chevy or black Rhino with Buck.

Richard

Islandeer
07-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Hey Jim, how did " Sue " do in Open this weekend?

Jimsue
07-06-2009, 09:25 AM
The male I ran in the Open is from the States, Road Warriors Hologram, he is the sire of the Junior dog I ran on Saturday. I got to the last series with 7 other dogs but had to pick up. A big thanks to the Okanagan Retriever Club for a great weekend, and thanks to Doug Grant for judgeing a very entertaining Junior.

labguy
07-06-2009, 06:28 PM
The male I ran in the Open is from the States, Road Warriors Hologram, he is the sire of the Junior dog I ran on Saturday. I got to the last series with 7 other dogs but had to pick up. A big thanks to the Okanagan Retriever Club for a great weekend, and thanks to Doug Grant for judgeing a very entertaining Junior.

I didn't see Jim's Open dog run but I did get to see his Junior dog who is just a little over one year old running against dogs almost twice his age. He is a very nice young prospect indeed.

The results of the trial are now posted on the BC Retriever News website.

http://www.bcretrievernews.ca/

Jimsue
07-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the kind words, and he is actually a she, Sage.
We are doing a repeat of this breeding and the pups will be due Aug 22nd 09. One of her littermates has completed his Junior Hunter Title, and one that went to the States was resold for $3000. at one year old for a gun dog.
Sorry for the horn tooting but I'm pretty proud of these pups.

Regards Jim

labguy
07-07-2009, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the kind words, and he is actually a she, Sage

With Labs you can't tell what's what from the front......and with those Goldens you can't tell no matter which way they're pointed....... :razz: