PDA

View Full Version : Rules Question

kodeman
06-26-2009, 05:38 AM
I will be moving back to BC from Alberta before hunting season. If I purchase a non resident licence and tags and I am on an acompanied hunt with my brother who is a BC resident, is that accompnied hunt a one time thing or can I go hunting with him throughout the season?

tuchodi
06-26-2009, 06:31 AM
On the form you fill out they ask for spacific dates and area and it is limited to a total of 21 days. On the same form there are spaces for 3 seperate hunt with differant dates and each one must be applied for. So you can only go with your brother on those dates you apply for. Hope this helps. you can download the form from the Fish & Wildlife web.

Visle
06-26-2009, 07:05 AM
IMHO I would seriously consider a licence to hunt birds at $50. rather than a big game licence at $75 and a deer tag at $125, a moose tag at $250 and an elk tag at $250 and having to stay within sight of your brother at all times.

Bighorn hunter
06-26-2009, 08:54 AM
Do you still have your bc resident hunter number from when you lived here before?If you are moveing back and are not going to be buying a hunting licence in alberta this year you may be able to just buy resident licence and tags?Might be worth a trip to the provincial building and asking.

bighornbob
06-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Do you still have your bc resident hunter number from when you lived here before?If you are moveing back and are not going to be buying a hunting licence in alberta this year you may be able to just buy resident licence and tags?Might be worth a trip to the provincial building and asking.

When he left he was suppose to give up his hunter # card. He has to live here for 6 months prior to appying for another card.

BHB

Bighorn hunter
06-26-2009, 03:04 PM
When he left he was suppose to give up his hunter # card. He has to live here for 6 months prior to appying for another card.

BHB

Well there you go. Good to know

kodeman
06-27-2009, 07:50 AM
thanks for your help.

huntcoop
06-27-2009, 07:53 AM
thanks for your help.

May the force and honesty be with you :smile: .

06-27-2009, 08:38 AM
When he left he was suppose to give up his hunter # card. He has to live here for 6 months prior to applying for another card.

Hadn't heard about having to surrender your card before, but l do know guys that have lost cards or moved back after being out of province for periods of time who have gone into access centers and picked up their old hunter #, but the 6 month residency requirement still applies

Slee
06-27-2009, 08:53 AM
Hadn't heard about having to surrender your card before, but l do know guys that have lost cards or moved back after being out of province for periods of time who have gone into access centers and picked up their old hunter #, but the 6 month residency requirement still applies

If you read the back of your hunter # card it clearly states the law on moving out of province and having to surrender your card after 30 days...

PGK
06-27-2009, 10:00 AM
If you read the back of your hunter # card it clearly states the law on moving out of province and having to surrender your card after 30 days...

Oops x 2 different years :lol: But I wasn't resident in AB for more than 4 months at one time. So I can't legally hunt in BC with my resident hunter number after being absent for more than a month, but unless I spend six months anywhere, I can't hunt at all. What a stupid rule :|

Actually I just looked and it says nothing of the kind on my hunter number card....

msawyer
06-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Key question are:

which province do you live in the majority of the year;
where is your permanent residence (ie address on your income tax, health care id cards ect);
Do you own or rent property in BC;
Drivers license issued in province; and
Do you purchase resident tags in other jurisdictionsBased on the answers to these question you can establish weather you are a resident or not.

I know of individuals who live in BC but work in Alberta (oil patch types) and even though they actually spend the majority of time each year working in Alberta, on all other counts they would be BC residents. They do not apply of Alberta tags and have qualified for BC tags.

I also know of a situation where a US citizen who lives in the Pacific Northwest but owns BC property has annually purchased sheep tags for BC as a "permanent resident" but even though he is a Yank and lives across the line for most of year, due to the fact that he owns property in BC, the CO's were not inclined to investigate... So obviously. while we all want to play by the rukes, there is some wiggle room on this question..

Best regards

Mike
________
glass bubblers (http://bubblers.net/)