PDA

View Full Version : Squamish blacktails

ryanb
12-01-2005, 11:00 PM
Well I'm going to make one more attempt to fill my deer tag for this fall around the Squamish area, since I can only make a daytrip. Does anyone know some good areas that they wouldn't mind helping a guy out with. I've scouted up there quite a few times, and there are a couple areas I know hold deer, but I've never seen many this time of year. I'd be happy to help with some wicked bear spots or mulie hideouts in regions farther north for the next season.

My season so far: about 190 does, several spikes, only one of which was in any buck season in region 3, which I missed:grin: And then about ten 3-points in 4-point season:grin: :grin:

slyfox
12-02-2005, 12:46 AM
Try the elaho it has some deer

MB_Boy
12-02-2005, 09:33 AM
ryan.....I know the Indian RIver road is closed, but if you head in there you can wind back in there quite a ways after you pass the Indian River turn off.

Just in case you don't know......right after "The Chief" you hang a right off the highway a you can wander all back in there. We have always gone in the Indian River Road, but I am sure with it closed you can still get back in there a good ways?

ryanb
12-02-2005, 01:30 PM
Hmm, too bad I left my quad in pemberton :( I've been up there a few times, gates always closed to Indian River and I've never even seen a deer track on the mamquam.

MB_Boy
12-02-2005, 01:33 PM
Ya....too bad.

If you have access a to a boat.....I was over on Anvil Island in Howe Sound a couple of weeks ago and there are plenty of deer over there. Don't know about hunting, but there are 2 nice big bucks that we see quite frequently........"tied up" waiting for someone. ;-) :grin:

Good luck this weekend.